1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Harris' back flip is coming back

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Friday, Mar 16, 2007
    By Casey Pearce, Chargers.com
    The back flip is back.
    Linebacker Marques Harris, who endeared fans with his standing back flip celebration following a handful of big plays in 2006, signed a one-year contract with the Chargers on Friday.
    “Marques gave us a spark last year and we hope he can continue to do that,” General Manager A.J. Smith said. “He brings some pass rush ability. He’s got an opportunity to continue to develop and help our football team.”
    Harris saw significant action in 2006, particularly when linebacker Shaun Phillips and Shawne Merriman where out of the lineup. Harris played in 15 games and started two, finishing the season with 25 tackles, three sacks, two tackles for loss and two forced fumbles.
    Charger fans got their first glimpse of Harris’ patented back flip during the Bolts’ Week 7 contest at Kansas City. With the Chargers trailing by seven in the fourth quarter, Harris sacked Chiefs quarterback Damon Huard and forced him to fumble. Luis Castillo recovered the fumble, and moments later the Chargers tied the contest.
    A week later against Cleveland, Harris scored his first touchdown of his career when recovered a Charlie Frye fumble in the end zone. He also dropped Broncos running back Damien Nash for a six-yard loss on a key drive in the Chargers’ Week 11 win at Denver and sacked Raiders quarterback Aaron Brooks on a crucial 3rd-and-20 play late in the Bolts’ victory over their arch rivals.
    Harris originally joined the Chargers as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2005. He played in 11 games as a rookie and recorded two tackles, a sack and eight special teams stops.
    With Harris signed, the Chargers now have all six of their exclusive rights free agents under contract.

http://www.chargers.com/news/headlines/harris-back-flip.htm

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    We need some videos to compliment this post.

Yo JL - you need to show up at a tailgater and become one with the brothers.....no shirking the weenie here...well you know what I mean.

This year will be the one where Norm Chows predictions comes true...."give Rivers 4 years" and bada bing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Prito James

Prito James BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +13
    I think Norm's prediction was based on the assumption Rivers would start from the get-go. So in my mind, he's got two more seasons. It ain't his fault the moled one and Marty wasted Phillip's first two seasons rotting one the bench:yes: :tup:

4. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I work sundays but I will be there and I will eat your food and I will drink your beer even if I have to quit my good for nothing job...:yes: :bolt: this is the year ...:tup:

God I love Football:abq2: <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

5. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    WOW....Only Godfrey and Turner remaining....

Chargers free agents:

Unrestricted free agents
    Four or more years of service; They can sign with any team when their contracts expire March 1:

Kris Dielman---Signed 6 year contract on 3/3
    Randall Godfrey---1 year contract offered on 2/21
    Carlos Polk---Signed 2 year contract on 3/16
    Cory Withrow---Signed 3 year contract on 3/6

Restricted free agents
    Can sign offer sheets with other teams, but the Chargers can keep them by matching the offer within seven days:

Ryon Bingham---Signed 1 year contract on 3/14
    Shaun Phillips----Signed 6 year contract on 2/20
    Michael Turner---1st & 3rd round draft pick tender, 2/28

Exclusive rights free agents
    Less than three years of service; Chargers must make an offer to them by March 1 or they become unrestricted free agents:

Greg Camarillo---Signed 1 year contract on 3/2
    Malcom Floyd ---Signed 1 year contract on 3/7
    Marques Harris---Signed 1 year contract on 3/16
    Cory Lekkerkerker---Signed 1 year contract on 3/2
    Derrek Robinson---Signed 1 year contract on 3/14

Gone: Az Hakim, Edwards, Foley, Jordan, Kiel, Krause, McCardell, Shea

6. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    i wanna see floyd back, he showed up in cinci, and im pretty sure a jackson floyd combo on the field could carve up some CB's

and i think floyd could beat EP outta the startin WR spot and PR spot

7. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    He is back. He signed a one year offer.

• Like Like x 1