1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Hart doubts that Vick is not alone

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Aug 21, 2007.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/08/21//sports/professional/chargers/22_36_208_20_07.txt

2. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Clinton Hart. Hart rhymes with Smart. Clinton... just shut your fuggin' yapper. It's the smart thing to do right now.

• Like Like x 1
  3. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    LT in an article earlier this season said that he himself was cognizant of dogfighting rings and such growing up in Texas and throughout high school and college.

However, he never went to those things. He wasn't interested. But he knew guys that frequently showed up at those events.

Fortunately, once he reached the NFL, he stopped hanging out with those guys and began concentrating on his new girlfriend and soon-to-be wife. :thumbup:

4. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Obviously Vick isn't the only one, whether there are any other big namers doing it, but I'd be shocked if Vick was the only one doing.

It's crazy how not too long ago we thought the little Vick was the bad egg of the family I guess it's something that runs in the family.

5. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Vick did not roll over on the who's who of the NFL with regards to dog fighting.

Hush money.

Vick is going to be filthy rich(er) to stay quiet and like I said, just wait until you see the book and names implicated. :icon_eek: :yes:

6. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Your attempts to stir **** are pathetic.

7. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Was there something wrong with what he said? Are football players not allowed to express opinions on anything beyond football?

8. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I think that right now is the wrong time for a player to say anything other than "I don't know anything about that kinda' stuff"

That's all.

Now, if he wants to talk about the larger issue of the gambling operation that's at the heart of this.. well... that's a bad idea too.

9. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135

It's more likely that Vick is thinking about his career after prison.

IF he ever hopes to join another NFL team he better keep what he knows to himself. Could you imagine the guy trying to play ball after rolling over on some other player(s)?

10. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    It's funny. Here we are on a message board where we regularly discuss a myriad of topics that none of us are an expert on. But somehow, when Hart answers a reporter's question he's being stupid. That's ridiculous.

11. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59

I actually thought what he said was pretty good. He explained the cultural/mental attraction, and then explained how it's the responsibility of the player to recognize those impluses and refrain. He even used another example from the game to back up his point. I wish all NFL players were this articulate. He scored points in my book.

12. IgorUnchained

IgorUnchained BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    Exactly...it wasnt that he didnt answer the questions well, but I think some people think that he should keep his name out of this conversation right now. I dont doubt that Igor knows someone somewhere who has done steroids....but he doesnt need to start throwing the word around in interviews and even putting himself in a situation where his words could be misconstrued. This IS the sports media we are talking about!
    I thought Hart's answers were intelligent, well thought out, and probably true. That said, hopefully next time Hart gets a question LIKE THIS, he will refrain from being Mr Expert in front of the media.
    (Points given for answering a question....I hate when sports figures dodge questions, so Im being a bit of a hypocrite here).

13. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    [​IMG]

14. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    He was asked a question. He answered it. It's not a big deal. But go ahead and waste your time finding problems with it.

15. IgorUnchained

IgorUnchained BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    What baffles many is understanding the thrill of seeing a dog end another dog's life. Hart knows.

Read my post again....and then kindly remove yourself from my jock. :icon_tease:

16. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    Some of you guys think anytime someone asks a question, the player should answer it and whatever they say is fine because the question was asked. It's easy to blow off a question and move on.

I don't have a problem with what Hart said. It's not like he's saying its ok, or he's doing it. He just explains the mentality.

The dumbass is McCrary on The Sporting News Radio. He was a jackass with a big mouth when he was playing here and things sure haven't changed.

17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    So if Hart doubts that Vick is not alone, does that mean that he thinks Vick is alone? :icon_huh:

18. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Please keep me out of your fantasies.

• Like Like x 1
  19. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I don't think Hart did anything wrong by answering the question. Who are we worried about offending, PETA? the dogs? If guys have opinions on the issue this is the time to air it out while the nation is so focused on it.

20. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    doubts that Vick is not alone

i was woudering the same thing isn't that a double negative:icon_eek: :icon_huh: :lol:

like i am one to talk i can spell worth s****:icon_eek: or have proper grammer:icon_eek: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

21. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Almost a double negative but not quite... at least according to these nerds...

22. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I don't think it really takes a genius to make these comments .. The history is there and it is a bigger issue than most "experts" were supposedly aware of ..

23. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Maybe you see it that way but I don't.

It is not out of the realm of possibility this problem exists deeper than we know in the NFL and to think that suggesting it is stirring up **** is ignorant.

If you don't think Vick will get a book or movie out of it for the sake of a few bucks, that is ignorant as well.

Vick has nothing to lose in naming names if he was already ratted out.

Vick knows his playing days are most likely over and it is no stretch to think Vick did not place a few calls or received a few calls from anyone else who could have been implicated in the NFL.

If Vick knew his career was over, you don't think Vick would ask for money to keep quiet and to keep others from being implicated?

I do.

Is that **** stirring ?

Get a grip.

What I said stated some pretty obvious and common sense things that will most likely follow. Actually, no brainers.

24. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I never used the word "stupid"...

He doesn't have to answer those questions honestly right now. What's so ridiculous about that?

25. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    meet me at the grammar jamboree:icon_banana:

26. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    The players should speak up about this kind of stuff.

They are role models for many kids.

"No Comment" is not a very good move on anyones part in the NFL when asked this question about killing Lassie for sport. They should be speaking out against this kind of stuff - period.

27. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I didn't say "no comment" either. I said he could simply take the "I don't know..." path. Right now. Right now. That's all. Just friggin' run from anything having to do with this right now.

Let the dumb players walk into the trap right now.

Right now the focus should be on football. That's all I'm saying.

28. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Vick may not make any money out of this, unless there IS hush money passed under the table, since the Feds and most states have laws against making money from such projects if they are the fruit of criminal convictions. The crime doesn't have to be murder. It's a lead pipe cinch that other high profile athletes are involved, as well as well heeled people with high profiles in any number of pursuits. Any athletes are prime candidates for blackmail by gamblers at this point if they are involved.

29. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    man trumpie do you like to flip flop.:yes:
    werent you earllyer saying is was no big deal what mike v did cuz they were just dogs, (people kill people ,hunt, yada yada yada thats worse) that it was a hole lot of hopla about nothing?
    that mike was a good guy
    now you say that people should speak out against that kinda stuff.:icon_huh:

you also said that vick was covering for LT ,Gates,SM, LC, and so on and so forth. thats why people say that you like to sture up s***
    :yes:
    coments like that:icon_eek:

but we aint mad at you:flag:

30. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    But for the most part, you use complete sentences, and NO L33T, so props to you. :tup: :icon_toast: