1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Harvey Korman dead

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TheLash, May 29, 2008.

1. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/obit_korman

man that sucks:no:he was hillarious especially with tim conway.
    in fact the entire carol burnett show was amazingly talented.
    the world of comedy is a little less bright today.:icon_sad:

R.I.P.

• Like Like x 3
  2. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    I thought he was absolutely hilarious in Blazing Saddles. He will be missed.

[​IMG]

3. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    I had just read the headline out loud and then started laughing when I was reading the biography, remember Harvey Korman and how funny that man was. My 17-year-old son said, "Geez Mom, real nice, first you tell me some guy died and then you start laughing". When I explained who I was talking about, though, he understood........even he knows who Harvey Korman was, because he and I used to watch reruns of the "Carol Burnett Show" together.

Even now, I'm LMAO at the memory of the skits in which Tim Conway would do something---a noise, a facial expression, an accent---and do Korman in every time. He was supposed to be the straight man, but when Conway started doing his schtick, Korman's eyes would start dancing, that smirk would appear, and then he'd just crack up!!

Will definitely miss him.

4. Chelsea

Chelsea Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +703
    Sort of off-topic but......
    I read on the UT the other day that Bob Dale died. Christ! The man must have been 102 yrs old! I didn't read the article....I think I should. I remember that guy when I was a kid!:icon_shrug::lol::icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Agree. I used to watch that when i was a kid. It was a funny show.

This is a bummer!

6. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    RIP Harvey Korman and Bob Dale.

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Sad, sad loss. You'll always make me laugh, Harvey. RIP.

8. RMANCIL

RMANCIL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223
    Thanks for the heads up on Bob Dale. He used to come into my store in S.D. years ago. He was always extremely pleasant and always a real sharp dresser. He drove a classic red Mercedes that he kept in mint condition.

Harvey Korman was a very funny man , the Carol Burnett Show was a huge hit for years in large part due to him along with the great cast.

I see commercials featuring Dean Martin and Johnnie Carson tape library's , I can't help but wonder how long before we see the same with the Burnett show.

TV was much more funny in those days imop. Stars were bigger...they all seemed to be having the time of their lifes. Funny thing was that they all seemed so natural, it was almost like life was pretty much a big party for them and they took a few minutes to allow us to listen /watch.

I imagine in another 10 years it will be Johnnie Carson???? Dean Martin???? Bob Hope???

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    loved his work in Blazing Saddles and History of the World pt 1

RIP