1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Has Anyone Used HOTWIRE?? I need advise! Going to DC-Earn Rep!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by KimPossible, Apr 30, 2007.

1. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I am probably taking a last minute trip to Washington DC and leaving in about 3 weeks...I am staying 3 nights. HotWire seems to have some good deals from LAX to DC for Hotel and Flight but I've never used it (or Travelocity/PriceLine) before...

Has anyone used these services and did it go ok?? Or were you forced to sleep on the street???

Hurry! :icon_eek: I need to book soon!!!

I will rep twice anyone who answers!!!

I asked George if I could use the extra room in the White House but he never responded...:icon_huh:

Has anyone use Hotwire? I want my flight and my Hotel to actually be there when I check in...:icon_eek:

2. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    No one's responded...:icon_eek: :unsure: :icon_sad:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Kimmie,

I tried them, but found I got a better deal just buying from the airline. I have different hotels I use on different discounts, and I haven't got a rental car in years.

I spent almost a year in DC in the early 90's. Lots to see, hope you get a chance to tour around some.

4. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Travelocity seemed to have the best deals on hotel/flights compared to the others when I looked. I've had family/friends use that one, and they were satisfied. I don't know about the other two services you mentioned.

5. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054

I will search Travelocity tommorow...and thanks for answering! :yes: It's so embarrasing to have a thread with zero replies :icon_eek: lol j/k

That your family and friends were satisfied is a good sign! Thanks Shammie...I love DC and spent some time there before...you can just feel the power there - it's so interesting...this trip I have limited time but hope to get some good stuff in :icon_wink: Plus I just feel like taking a little vacation...

6. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    There's the Beltway Madam :icon_eek: :D

7. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I've used Hotwire to book a flight, didn't worry 'bout a hotel-hotels.com is s'posedta be hot stuff!!

Hope things work out ok, Darlin!! :yes: :tup:

8. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Sorry I didn't respond quicker...see, there was this Padre game, then the Spurs...:icon_eek:

Also lookinta Cheaptix.com. I used thatta get a flight from Honolulu acuppola years ago...worked out ok!!b:tup:

9. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Thanks Toby.

10. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I've used both Travelocity and priceline. Godo experiences with both. I also use http://www.cheaptickets.com/ and have had no problems with them. I believe you can almost always get a good deal if you look long enough. PM me if you'd like me to help you find a flight, lodging, etc. :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Hotels.com is rather expensive in my experience. Sometimes I use them to find a hotel that I'd like, then I try to book it another way, like through the hotel it's self. Often this is much cheaper.

• Like Like x 1
  12. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Thank you all guys!

• Like Like x 2
  13. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I did it! :) I just booked through Travelocity and got a good deal to exactly where I needed to go...they had "Last Minute Trip" deals and the one I purchased just popped up today (I've been looking for a few days)

See...it does pay to procrastinate! :icon_wink: Anyway I'm excited I'm going to DC for a few days with my youngest daughter in mid May...

I'm sick of travel arrangements...I've been looking at all the sites all day :icon_eek: I know every hotel in downtown DC :icon_eek: every flight and every connection and that you can even take a Segway tour of DC if you want to....:icon_huh:

Thank you all! :)

And I finally ordered myself a laptop computer yesterday (that I'm looking forward to)...now the spending spree must stop...for a while anyway. Nite.

• Like Like x 2