1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Has Anyone Used HOTWIRE?? I need advise! Going to DC-Earn Rep!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by KimPossible, Apr 30, 2007.

1. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I am probably taking a last minute trip to Washington DC and leaving in about 3 weeks...I am staying 3 nights. HotWire seems to have some good deals from LAX to DC for Hotel and Flight but I've never used it (or Travelocity/PriceLine) before...

Has anyone used these services and did it go ok?? Or were you forced to sleep on the street???

Hurry! :icon_eek: I need to book soon!!!

I will rep twice anyone who answers!!!

I asked George if I could use the extra room in the White House but he never responded...:icon_huh:

Has anyone use Hotwire? I want my flight and my Hotel to actually be there when I check in...:icon_eek:

2. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    No one's responded...:icon_eek: :unsure: :icon_sad:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Kimmie,

I tried them, but found I got a better deal just buying from the airline. I have different hotels I use on different discounts, and I haven't got a rental car in years.

I spent almost a year in DC in the early 90's. Lots to see, hope you get a chance to tour around some.

4. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Travelocity seemed to have the best deals on hotel/flights compared to the others when I looked. I've had family/friends use that one, and they were satisfied. I don't know about the other two services you mentioned.

5. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054

I will search Travelocity tommorow...and thanks for answering! :yes: It's so embarrasing to have a thread with zero replies :icon_eek: lol j/k

That your family and friends were satisfied is a good sign! Thanks Shammie...I love DC and spent some time there before...you can just feel the power there - it's so interesting...this trip I have limited time but hope to get some good stuff in :icon_wink: Plus I just feel like taking a little vacation...

6. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    There's the Beltway Madam :icon_eek: :D

7. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I've used Hotwire to book a flight, didn't worry 'bout a hotel-hotels.com is s'posedta be hot stuff!!

Hope things work out ok, Darlin!! :yes: :tup:

8. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Sorry I didn't respond quicker...see, there was this Padre game, then the Spurs...:icon_eek:

Also lookinta Cheaptix.com. I used thatta get a flight from Honolulu acuppola years ago...worked out ok!!b:tup:

9. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Thanks Toby.

10. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I've used both Travelocity and priceline. Godo experiences with both. I also use http://www.cheaptickets.com/ and have had no problems with them. I believe you can almost always get a good deal if you look long enough. PM me if you'd like me to help you find a flight, lodging, etc. :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Hotels.com is rather expensive in my experience. Sometimes I use them to find a hotel that I'd like, then I try to book it another way, like through the hotel it's self. Often this is much cheaper.

• Like Like x 1
  12. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Thank you all guys!

• Like Like x 2
  13. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I did it! :) I just booked through Travelocity and got a good deal to exactly where I needed to go...they had "Last Minute Trip" deals and the one I purchased just popped up today (I've been looking for a few days)

See...it does pay to procrastinate! :icon_wink: Anyway I'm excited I'm going to DC for a few days with my youngest daughter in mid May...

I'm sick of travel arrangements...I've been looking at all the sites all day :icon_eek: I know every hotel in downtown DC :icon_eek: every flight and every connection and that you can even take a Segway tour of DC if you want to....:icon_huh:

Thank you all! :)

And I finally ordered myself a laptop computer yesterday (that I'm looking forward to)...now the spending spree must stop...for a while anyway. Nite.

• Like Like x 2