1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Has VJ gotten a DUI in the District of Columbia/Buck says it's VJ to Ratskins

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by nickelbolt, Aug 20, 2010.

1. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
  2. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Seahawks given permission to talk to Vincent Jackson

[​IMG]

Yahoo Sports
    8-20-2010
    By Jason Cole

The Seahawks have been granted written permission by the San Diego Chargers to discuss contract terms with holdout Vincent Jackson(notes), Seattle general manager John Schneider said through a team spokesman Friday. Chargers GM A.J. Smith declined to comment on the situation, but the Seahawks said they have talked to Jackson’s agents about the contract compensation that could pave the way for a trade for the wide receiver.

While no significant progress has occurred to this point, two sources close to the situation said San Diego is committed to trading Jackson, who is believed to be seeking a long-term contract worth more than $9 million per season, because the team expects that he will not report at all this season

According to one of the aforementioned sources, the Seahawks received the letter granting them permission in the past two weeks. Earlier this offseason, Seattle was reportedly interested in signing Jackson as a restricted free agent, but no deal was struck. Jackson’s rights have since reverted exclusively to the Chargers.

However, the two sides have not been able to agree on a long-term contract.

While it’s unclear what the Chargers seek in return for Jackson, the Broncos received a second-round pick when they shipped Brandon Marshall(notes) to Miami in April.

Both Jackson, who is represented by Neil Schwartz and Jonathan Feinsod, and the Chargers have held their ground. Jackson did not sign the one-year tender of $3.268 million by June 15. After that, the Chargers reduced the one-year tender to $583,000, furthering the divide between the sides.

Last week, the Chargers sent Jackson (along with holdout offensive tackle Marcus McNeill(notes)) a letter informing him that he would be placed on the Roster Exempt List if he didn’t sign his tender offer by Friday. The designation means Jackson would be ineligible to play for three games following the day he signs and that he has to report by Week 8 in order to get his six games and accrued season.

Jackson has developed into one of the best deep threats in the league, averaging 17.8 yards per reception over the past two seasons. He has also averaged 57 receptions, 1,132 yards and eight touchdowns in that time. For his five-year career, Jackson has averaged 17.2 yards per catch.

Despite the production, San Diego apparently has been hesitant to re-sign Jackson to a long-term deal partly because of off-field issues. Jackson is facing a three-game suspension whenever he plays again because of violation of the league’s substance abuse policy. He has twice been charged with driving under the influence.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-jacksonseahawks082010

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746

:headbang:

4. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703

Seahawks have talked to Jackson

By Kevin Acee , UNION-TRIBUNE
    Friday, August 20, 2010 at 3:16 p.m.

The Chargers have granted permission to the Seattle Seahawks to talk to receiver Vincent Jackson.

According to league sources, a stalemate has been reached because Jackson’s agents are asking for $30 million guaranteed on a five-year, $50 million contract.

The Seahawks’ interest has long been known, and the Seahawks confirmed to Yahoo! Sports they have spoken to Jackson’s agent. The sides have been talking for at least several days, according to a league source.

The same sources said the asking price from the Chargers is a second-rounder.

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929

hello from just outside Cabo :tup:

Thank goodness the Hawks are talking to VJ, get his *** out of San DIego as fast as possible and let Floyd/Naane/Davis carry this team! I'd like a first rounder but think a second rounder is as much as I can hope for. With what we got already from the hawks and the jets we could have

1st round: 1 pick
    2nd round: 3 picks (Ours, Seahawks for VJ, Jets for Cro)
    3rd round: 2 picks (Ours, Seahawks for Whitehurst)

7. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128

Pull the trigger. If we can get a second rounder for him I would take it and never look back.

Plus, he would be suspended past the game we go to Seattle for, so no chance for him to burn us.

Plus it might open the door to working a deal with Big Mac.

Yes, yes and yes. Make it happen.

8. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629

I would do a 2nd, but I would try and push for a conditional 2nd that could become a 1st if he has over 1200 yards or something like that

9. markrc99

markrc99 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2

Clearly, the only logical course of action. First Seattle to set the bar, then Washington in to ice the deal.

10. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194

Are you a lobbyist for the Redskins or something? I'm thinking the Seahawks are interested enough to make him theirs no matter what Snyder sends his way. Though that could be more than the GDP of Seattle, I must admit.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636

good, now give Marcus his own tender money plus VJ's, that would give him 6.4 million. Better yet, sign Marcus to a long term contract

12. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814

Mixed emotions here..... First semi-legitimate receiver in years and now he is going. Not sure we want to start with another draft pick WR. I have yet to have confidence in our current WR corps. The Seahawks may have to unload a WR because they just drafted Golden Taint. :icon_shrug:

13. markrc99

markrc99 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2

:icon_rofl:

Jackson may well reject the main stage, who knows, but I'm thinking not.

14. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629

How about a 2nd and TJ How's ya mama? Would you be more comfortable with such a deal?

15. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

As for the actual point of your post, my emotions are not mixed at all about this. Is he a good reciever? Yes, absolutely, but he's also a friggin' idiot, on and off the field. As long as we have PR, I like our chances w/out VJ just fine.

Please trade his *** already so we can sign MM.

16. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200

yep, if we could get 2 2nd rounders we be looking good with this situation.

sounds like the problem is the jackson wants more money than the seahawks want to pay. Jackson is retarded. He better grab what good contract he can get now.

Only other possibility is washinton was said a while back to be interested in jackson as well. So maybe jackson wants the seahawks and washinton to outbid each other.

17. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733

Okay, maybe the seawoks will go for this, we get Whoseyomama, next year's second round pick, a bag of chips, and they give us back Charlie Whitehurst...

Pointy :popcorn:

18. markrc99

markrc99 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2

Well, we know Seattle attempted to pry Jackson loose earlier this year, and several of these reports have said that they were granted permission in recent weeks, with no developments as of it.

"Jackson would give Seattle a bonafide deep threat who can dominate in the red zone and run game as a blocker."
    http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38791761/ns/sports-player_news/

"Jackson has developed into one of the best deep threats in the league..." http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-jacksonseahawks082010

Gotta have it!

19. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814

I am just glad you caught the taint reference. :lol:

20. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814

Would they give up TJ or Branch? :icon_shrug: TJ and a second....sure, why not. I am not sure how TJ would fit into our offense though.

21. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

this thread can go nowhere but down from here

:lol:

22. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814

Maybe Pete is trying to fix his mistake and trade Charlie back to us! :lol:

23. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555

Seahawks just traded Lawrence Jackson for an undisclosed pick. I bet you anything they are trying to swing that pick for VJ.

The good news...we won't have to play against him anyway, because he'll be suspended for the 3rd game of the season. :lol:

24. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
  25. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,555

A single 2nd rounder....ehh...I'll be embarrassed if the Broncos get more for Marshall than we got for VJack, a LOT more.

26. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

Let's not forget the seahags signed former 1st draft pick Mike Williams of Det/Oak fame.

Is there room from VJ?

:flag:

27. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394

More of "where" he would fit in. Housh fits the offense the same way Chambers did - good medium and quick route runner, can walk the tight-rope on the sideline, but doesn't have the long-speed anymore to be a burner on fly-routes, though he could still do some decent damage on posts and the occasional flag-route. TJ's contract isn't pretty though... he'd be making only about $1-2 mill less over the remaining life of the contract than VJ is demanding. Branch... don't even get me started... straight up ugly contract and the guy is more fragile than Buster is (yes... that's actually possible!).

Dunno... I might take some tackle depth off Seattle's hands in the deal (Ray Willis for example, who is a rather underrated RT) but that might serve as an impetus to extending MM long-term. Not that it would ever happen, but if we could by some miracle swing a 2nd and David Hawthorne I might wet myself and go merrily prancing (yes... I will PRANCE!) through the streets naked.

28. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,555

If AJ wanted to pay Housh....he'd just pay Vjack.:lol:

I don't think we'll be getting any players from this deal. And that said, I think VJack's rediculous contract demands could scare a lot of teams away.

29. markrc99

markrc99 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
  30. markrc99

markrc99 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2

"The Seahawks were given permission to talk to the agents for unsigned Chargers wide receiver Vincent Jackson, but those initial talks didn't do anything to resolve Jackson's current holdout, according to sources. ... The Seahawks were just exploring the financial cost of acquiring Jackson. Jackson is asking for a five-year contract worth $50 million with $30 million guaranteed. After a brief conversation with Jackson's agents, Seattle chose not to discuss terms of a trade with the Chargers." http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5480630

Not exactly sure what's being said here... We know Jackson has to sign his tender. It almost sounds like this is old news being reported now.