1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Have the Padres Quit?

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by wrbanwal, Jun 30, 2008.

1. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I don't get to go to any games or see any on TV these days,

Does it look the players have quit on the fans?

Is there a lot of booing at the games?

I'm going to go to Milwaukee in September to see them, although with a heavy heart for I fear we are playing to not lose 100 games

:icon_sad::icon_sad::icon_sad:

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,414
    The season's over anyways.

They should start worrying about next year.

3. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Hey Gramps, last night Bud was on TV talking about how he keeps telling the players they just "have to keep grinding" and eventually wins will come.

Somehow I didn't find that speech particularly inspiring - not that I am blaming our current "status" on Bud - just didn't enjoy hearing the same old trite comments.:unsure:

4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,414
    You'll always hear the same old trite comments from managers talking to the media, whether the team is winning, losing, or anywhere in between.

They just repeat the same stuff to appease the reporters bombarding them with questions, then they go behind closed doors and give the team their real speech.

Not that I'm saying Bud's doing a good or a bad job here, just responding to that particular concept.

5. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I grew up watching some pretty awful Padre teams, but I can say for the most part, they always gave it 100%

:icon_sad:

6. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    The seasons after 98 have left me with a heavy heart, and stripped me of my confidence in the team. I no longer presume to know what it will take for them to field a team that can win a playoff series.