1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

HBO's "The Wire" Season IV starts tonight.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Thumper, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I think this is the best show on television. Don't miss it. :icon_mrgreen:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    And....?

3. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Tonight's episode three people got jacked and splatted.

That's the most in an episode of this show since Season 1 I think.

You just knew in the opening sequence, where the dude bought an automatic powder-driven (as in gunpowder) nailgun, that people were going be coffinated sooner or later.

:yes:

No way did he work in construction or home improvement to warrant buying the nailgun for such purposes. :lol:

Instead it was for, uhh.... "pest control". :D

4. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I didn't get to watch "Wire" on Sunday but did record it and will be recording the whole sason---watching the shows as I get time. I need to check and see if HBO does "Wire" On Demand...

I've never really followed this show but hear it's as good as Deadwood, Sopranos or any of the HBO series have ever been.

5. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    This season, you can actually catch the episodes in advance on HBO On Demand.

For example, next week's episode, scheduled for normal airing on Sunday on HBO, can be viewed today (Tuesday) on HBO On Demand.

6. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I have been recording it but yet to watch it..I need something to fill the Deadwood void in my life...

7. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I've watched every season ofhe Wire and it's a great show. The good thing is a lot of stuff came to a conclussion after season 3, so you're not going to be really lost starting with season 4.

8. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054

I'll start watching it..I can catch up by reading the website...is it only a half hour long? Who watches Prison Break? It was good last night..I watched it this morning. Michael's driving the annoying FBI guy insane.

9. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I thought I had recorded PB last night but didn't. :icon_sad:

However, each episode of "The Wire" is about 45 to 50 minutes long.

10. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I don't watch it, but just because I have limited TV viewing time. If I start to watch it, it would be one more show I'd have to see everyweek. Plus a lot has already happened, so I'd be going into it without knowing what was going on. If it wasn't for TiVo I would watch anything ecept football on TV.

Shows I'm currently watching:
    The Wire
    Stargate SG-1
    &
    The New Battlestar Gallactica when it comes back.

That's it right now.

11. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054

Thanks Sluggo...hey usually every week on the Fox Prison Break website you can view the week's episode free on your computer with no commercials...can't download it though...the last two episodes were much better than the first two...last night's was good.

12. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054

Me too and my dvr is full of stuff I have yet to watch...but I do look forward to PB every week...one of the few shows I watch "live"...except when interupted by Chargers MNF lol...

Alot of the shows I like are on hiatus right now but House started back up and Grey's anatomy soon...24 not until January...Entourage on a break...Deadwood, who knows?

Mondays are really good when Prison Break and 24 are back to back...it's the only night I make sure I watch. I do kinda miss Jack Bauer.

13. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I like the new shows "Justice" and "Standoff". Hopefully they'll be popular enough with the general viewing public to last more than a partial first season.

14. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054

I recorded Standoff...it looked pretty good...only watched a couple of minutes...

15. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    The top lawyer on "Justice" is essentially a white Johnnie Cochran.

They show all the tactics that both sides use to try to spin the media and jury pool in their favor.

16. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Thanks Sluggo! I didn't know this. I actually just watch next Sundays episode of The Wire. Excellent! :tup:

17. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Arrgh... I was recording "House" and my DIL somehow stopped the recording... :icon_shrug: :no:

18. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054

Sounds good but no more room on the dvr...I gotta actually start watching the stuff I record! :icon_eek:

19. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I use my VCR in that case as an emergency backup. :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  20. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054

That's so retro...:lol:

• Like Like x 1
  21. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Does House ever just see a patient with an earache??

• Like Like x 2
  22. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Naw, that's too easy of a case for him.

Although, remember last season he had to do some 'normal' stuff. Like see people with simple infections or STDs. :icon_mrgreen:

Since he's supposedly the "world's best" in Diagnostic Medicine, he always gets the cases that no one else can solve.

• Like Like x 1
  23. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Prison Break tonight...:icon_eek: That FBI guy is evil....what he did was just wrong and that young guy was totally harmless ...I have recorded several episodes of the Wire but haven't watched it yet (I hope I'm not lost), as well as the Brotherhood, which seems pretty good.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I haven't watched the 10/1 show of The Wire" yet... but I've caught the rest of them... The show is well done... which it not unusual for an HBO series...

Bolts4Life was telling me about another show... I believe the name of it is "The Corner" or something like that. It's very similar to "The Wire" but is done from the perspective of the gang banger..also set in Baltimore.

Hey, you don't need to record "The Wire" Since you have cable you can catch it on HBO on Demand... The next week's show, the one for 10/8, will be available for viewing today... :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  25. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    My dumb Dish Network doesn't have HBO on demand in my area yet...yes I know I should have gotten DirecTV but those Dish guys came to my door and seduced me with their free everything for 4 months, free movie channels, free dvrs, free this free that..and "we can install it tommorow"...it's pretty good but I think DirecTV is better...

The Corner was an awesome HBO original programming miniseries which aired several years ago...really riveting about several perspectives on life in the inner city...interesting, sobering, compelling...it was a don't miss. I wish they would repeat it.

Edit: I just googled The Wire and the same guy is executive producer/writer on both shows...so I know I will like The Wire...The Corner was very good television...(it won an Emmy)... apparently The Corner was the predecessor-type show for the Wire..I didn't know that or I would have watched The Wire from the start...I am going to get it on dvd.

26. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I have Cable... :icon_mrgreen: They stole me from Dish with a pretty good offer... Just love the HD DVR and the many on demand options.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Hey!!

Speaking of Nanos... Apple is giving 10% of the profits from the sale of their red model to an Aids Charity...

I knew I wasn't crazy when I said I heard they were also giving $$$ to a Breast Cancer Charity for every pink Nano sold...

Let's see, I think they should give $$$$ to the Chargers for every powder blue Nano sold...:icon_shrug: :icon_mrgreen:...j/k...

• Like Like x 1
  28. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Great show.

I used to commute through some of those areas on my way to work. SCARY!!!!:frightened:

29. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Bolts I've gotten pretty far behind on this season of "The Wire"....Need to catch up with my fav shows this weekend...

Heroes is another one I've started.... Read some of the reviews out there... I think you might like this show.

30. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Is Heroes a HBO sitcom?