1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

HC's i would like to see in SD

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by When Lightning Strikes, Feb 13, 2007.

1. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    Jim Mora Jr. - ATL

the guy went 26-22 in three seasons with the falcons. led them to the playoffs two out of the three of those seasons. And obviously the chargers have way more talent than the falcons. I think it would be a good fit here in SD.

Jim Caldwell - INDY
    this one is self explanitory...assistant head coach under tony dungy and has a new shiny ring on his coaching finger. Reaqlly good friends with AJ.

Jimmy Johnson - RET
    this guy is a proven winner. I dont think he will take this job, but how cool would it be to have Jimmy on our sidelines?

any thoughts...

2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    He's a head case just like his father.

Good thought!!!!

No Thank You!!!!

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Rex Ryan (everyone says he's ready to coach and his brother Rob would be an amazing 3-4 DC)

Norm Chow (wildly talented)

Jim Caldwell

Norv Turner

4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,424
    No! No Norv Turner! :no:

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    EXACTLY!!!!

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    he's just on the list

7. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,424
    Then take him off. :icon_evil:

8. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    norvell can go to hell norvell can go to hell, sing it with me!!!

9. RMANCIL

RMANCIL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223

Jim Mora Jr has to be on any list , Johnson is way done. What about the Boise state head man Peterson?

10. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    I'm leaning somewhat towards Rex Ryan right now. I don't think Ron Rivera is as bad a fit as some do because I don't think the coach necessarily has to be an expert on the offense or an expert on the defense in order to be a good head coach. I don't really want a re-tread like Mariucci or Green. If I could have any coach who is available it would probably be Jimmeh, but Jimmeh's not going to return to coaching so that's just a pipe-dream.

11. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    I want a guy that has character for this team. I think Jimmy Johnson could fit nicely here. I liked what I heard from Rivera but how much time is it going to take for him to adjust to the 4-3, or can he successfully coach a 3-4 team? Never on Norv Turner.

12. Flea Soda

Flea Soda BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    Anytime a decision is up to Spanos it usually ends up screwing the team.. for whatever reason, somehow they must make money or something when the Chargers lose? anyhow, expect to be totally let down or on a huge dose of denial with the decision they make regarding the coach.. because ownership of this team does not make decisions like a team motivated to win a superbowl would, they make weird decisions based too heavily on operating costs without a forward looking investment perspective... I think Spanos family comes from a long line of mom and pop shops and their business accumen is very short sighted and uncreative.

I'm being one sided and general.. but thought I'd throw that out there.

13. RMANCIL

RMANCIL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223
    Rex Ryan might be a good fit , however my main concern is his assistant coaches I don't think he has the connections in the college ranks and pretty much all of the pro guys are gone you would think.

14. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Are you serious?

They just made the biggest decision in our quest for a Super Bowl, getting rid of Marty.

Hate them if you want, but what Dean did last night proves to me they want to win, no matter what. Don't forget the 4 million and change (or whatever it is) that they'll still have to pay Marty for firing him.

The Spanoses want to win.

15. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Word.

The Spanoses might not always go about it the right way, but there's no doubt they want to win.

Firing Marty was the right choice given the circumstances. Clearly, AJ and Dean think they can bring in someone without Marty's baggage who can succeed. It's up to them now to prove everyone right. But you can't bash the Spanoses too much. They brought us Butler who brought us AJ. And those guys brought us just about every single contributor on this extremely talented team.

16. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    He's not going to have to start from scratch. Shelmon's the OC. We have a QB coach, line coaches, receivers coach. Cotrell or Pagano is likely to be the DC. You have Nunnely and Stewart. Not a whole lot of vacancies really.

17. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    but whoever is the new HC will definetely have a say in the DC and LB
    if its a defensive minded coach (Ryan, Rivera) then a DC will just be a figurehead or something like that

18. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    Rex Ryan please.

19. Flea Soda

Flea Soda BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    I know, I know... but I've just seen quite a few decisions that make me think their decision making process doesn't involve serious passion or desire....

All the way down to the condition of the stadium, the execution of field operations during games and getting the public excited about the Chargers I feel that they consistently display a lack of effort and creativity...

I don't know whether decision to fire Marty was good or bad.. I'm just predicting that if Spanos are leading the hiring process we might end up with a no-namer that ''will work for food''... fortunately our team has incredible talent right now, and maybe that will help lower the price on a talented experienced coach looking for a ring or 4.

20. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    I hope we keep all these guys, and none of them resign & walk out of loyalty to Marty and in protest of how he was treated by AJ.