1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

"Hello Brian, this is Dad ....."

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Shamrock, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    " .... so tell me all about the Patriots defense. You played them three times this season."

• Like Like x 1
  2. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    Brian, "Who did we play? Can I have another stadium dog?":icon_rofl:

3. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    Woot! Got a rep point! Terin' it up. Hey Sham. How yur coons treating u?

• Like Like x 2
  4. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,357
    I'm sure B Schott would like nothing more than to help his pops beat up on the team that knocked his team out of the playoffs.

5. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
  6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,617
    I'm sure Marty got an email from Brian sometimes last night with pictures all their offensive and defensive formation pre and post snap.

We're gonna murder them.

7. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243

Thanks EC .....

It's not just playing them, it's also things Brian has learned about their scheme, for working for the Pats former defensive coordinator. On the coaching info front, I think SD has a leg up on NE.

8. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,357
    The more I think about it, the more I think we're going to blow out the Pats. Their mystique is a bit unnerving, their clutch QB, their championship swagger, but when you look at the players on the field, they just don't match up. Our D is every bit as good (and probably better) than theirs and our O is much better. They don't have the safeties or LBs to match up with LT and Gates. The LBs are bruisers but they are neither fast nor agile. After seeing what LT and AG did to the talented Denver backers, how do these guys stand a chance?

9. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,357
    The Bolts have also been gameplanning the Pats for two weeks. Sure, there was a chance the Bolts would play the Queefs or the Jets, but they had to know that the Pats were most likely coming.

10. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Not to mention his intimate knowledge of our personell as far as our strengths and weaknesses.

It's almost like having another coach for the week.

Remember when Brian was the root of all evil here? How times have changed.

11. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I got on the Brian bandwagon right before I left the UT. Everyone said I was nuts (even my good friend ftwbolt took shots at me :) ) .... oh, well.

Brian will be a HC within 3 years.

12. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I agree with this.

SD needs to NOT turn the ball over, and score TD's when we get in the red zone. NE has a "bend but don't break" defense, as their points scored against don't match up to their yards allowed.

The Jets, with inferior talent, were in that game up until the fourth quarter. Turnovers, and not scoring TD's on long drives killed them, combined with two good Patriots TD drives.

NE's limited talent will be exposed this Sunday. Their OL is going to be gashed, and their defensive back seven's lack of speed will kill them in the end.

13. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,357
    I kind of think Mangini outsmarted himself in the 2nd half. The Jets were getting good protection and Pennington was finding receivers down the field, but he called that WR screen/lateral that turned the game in the Pats' favor.

14. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Not only that but did you see Pennington's throws? Those things were in the air for a long time and he still threw for 300 on them.

15. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,357
    Yep. None of the guys that blasted B Schott new anything about him. They just assumed that he got his job because of nepotism and that he was no good.

16. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,357
    Yeah, I had time to get up and make a grilled cheese sandwich on that out Pennington threw that was picked off by Samuel.

Pennington's a gutty player, but he has a major noodle arm.

17. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Yeah, and I was in that camp for a long time. But, both Flutie's and Brees' public comments about Brian started to change my thinking. Then Cam also gave Brian a lot of props for being his "eyes" in the booth. So, on that and a hunch, I got on the B. Schotty bandwagon during 2005.

Then, I heard new Jets GM Tannenbaum interviewed on Sirius this past offseason, and he confirmed what I was thinking. Tannenbaum said Mangini wanted to interview OC candidates from offenses that had given the Patriots defense troubles. B. Schotty was in the top tier of that list, having seen Cam's offense destroy the Pats scheme in 2005.

Tannenbaum said Schotty was extremely well prepared, to include an offensive design very similar to Cam's, with incorporating a few features gleaned while under Steve Spurrier at Florida.
    Tannenbaum said B. Schotty "blew away" Mangini in the interview, and they knew they had their OC.

The Jets have done well with a weak armed QB, rookies and marginal OL talent, no true RB, average TE, and a couple good WRs. Give Schotty some talent, and the Jets offense will be dangerous these next few seasons.