1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Hello everyone from a Steelers fan

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SteelersDave, Jan 5, 2009.

1. SteelersDave

SteelersDave BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    This is it. Our remarkable year on defense versus your remarkable climb to the top of the west. I wish you guys luck and expect a great game! I think Lebeau has a scheme this week to tunnel Harrison under the line so we can bottle up Sproles in the backfield before he does any damage lol. That guy is a dynamo! Anyway, just wanted to say hello and talk a little ball with the rivals! :tup:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Golfboy

Golfboy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Welcome into hostile territory. I hear Big Ben's gonna play after all.
    I'm glad to hear it, that way when we win, there will be less whining from the Steeler camp that we had an advantage! :lol:

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Cut the ****. :icon_eek:

Give us some links of Steelers websites so we can trash them. :abq2:

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Welcome Dave. Should be a great game!

5. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Pittsburgh going down. Chargers move onto the afc championship. :yes:

6. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    Pittsburgh has a great chance with home field advantage, but the Bolts are gonna come in your house and whoop ya!! Welcome to Bolttalk.

7. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Welcome Dave. Do you think Rothlisberger(sp) should play and do you think he is really healthy?

8. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Welcome Dave, Do you think the Steelers have a shot in hell (sp?) and how many points do you expect to lose by?

9. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Come on. There's nothing to trash with the Steelers. They're a class organization and that defense is suffocating.

I'm over at http://forums.steelersfever.com

But I ain't gonna troll. I actually want to find out what really makes that team tick. I'm civil there.

Only sites I'll trash are Broncos related. I don't even troll the Raiders boards anymore. They're not even as classless as the Donks.

That said... Welcome Steelers fans.

The winner of this game is going to the Superbowl.

10. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +334
    Dumd ***............Just trying to be friendly ........NOW!!!!!!!!:icon_evil:

11. antipsychotic

antipsychotic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm hoping Turner will motion him out of the backfield this week if Harrison follows then advantage chargers.

Turner will do his best to get sproles out in space. When he does run inside if harrison is there standing in front of him then yeah sproles will get hit hard. However nobody on the steelers team has faced a player as quick as Sproles, one poor angle or one misstep by your D and sproles will make a huge play.

The big play potential of sproles should scare the steelers because all year long you guys could count on teams not being able to put together long drives against your great D. I'm telling you one wrong step is all it will take with mighty mouse will make you pay. Meet your 2009 version of Alfred Pupuno.:yes:

12. NW Bolt Babe

NW Bolt Babe RIP Jr.

Ratings:
    +94
    Welcome Dave!

I'm looking forward to a good game as well.

:tup:

13. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    They haven't even seen the "Heavy Package" with Hester and Bennett. Give 'em a few doses of that to soften the inside then cut Mighty mouse loose...

BTW, Rivers still has Gates and Chambers soft hands in the middle while everyone else is tying to key on the RB's.

This is gonna be good, real good. :abq2:

14. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Hello Steeler fan

Its kick Pittsburgh Steelers *** time...

I WANT BLOOD !!!

GO Chargers :abq2:

15. antipsychotic

antipsychotic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    Not too confident in our "heavy Package".

Their are only a few teams that could wear down the steelers D. Giants, Viks or Titans. Bennett, Hester and our OL won't do it.

16. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +334
    :tup::yes::abq2:

17. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    :icon_rofl: Don't get upset sweet pea

18. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Can you say:

DENNIS GIBSON :bolt: :bolt: :bolt:

19. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +334

I am on their site now

20. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +334
    Ron Rivera and SD's defensive "revival"

21. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Class organization my ***. :tdown:

The F'n Rooneys owned the team when the 1994 "Super Bowl" videos were being made before we even played the Steelers in the AFC Championship. Yeah I remember the "class". Fck them. :icon_evil:

Dennis Gibson (for all you Bolt fans that do not know this name - shame on you) will be remembered along with cries of "Tora Tora Tora", "Remember the Alamo", "I popped her cherry", "E=MC2" ...... :bolt:

22. SCVChargerFan

SCVChargerFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Sweet Big Ben is playin. Dont want to hear any excuses when we move on to the AFC Champ Game. The Pitt D is real good but 3 weeks ago they showed they are beatable...Chargers 21 Pitt 14!!!

23. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    I think winner of this game is going to the SB:yes:

should be a good one. hopefully it will be shades of 94:icon_toast:

24. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    That play is still burned into my retinas:icon_toast:

25. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    typicial Steeler BS!!

They dont even consider that we held them to no touchdowns the last time we played them just last month!

Do they have an answer for that, or are they still riding high on a guy that likes to get concussions, and likes have his fat butt drug off the field on the back of a tow truck?

26. SteelersDave

SteelersDave BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    The guy who in his first 5 years has the most wins in NFL history, 1 Superbowl trophy, 2 AFC Championship games, 4 playoff appearances, and a plethura of "outta pocket" big time plays? Yeah, think we will ride with him. :tup:
    We remember the November dogfight...IIRC you owe Mr. Polamalu a TD... :lol:

27. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Ben gives the Steelers the best chance to win. He also gives the Chargers defense the best chance at a turnover or two.

As for last game... throw it out. It's irrelevant to what is going to play out on Sunday.

This is a different defense they'll see. I expect the Steelers to try and pound away at the run to see if they can put Willie over 100 again. If they cannot do it... they'll have the same problems the Colts did.

I also think the Chargers have a better chance to score now that LT is out of the lineup. He wasn't 100% last time and only took opportunities away from Sproles.

The key to this game is Norv calling a smart game (no more pass attempts from our own endzone) and Sproles/Bennett/Hester holding onto the ball.

The Steeler D will be hacking away at the ball on every carry.

It's gonna be another war. The type of war the Steelers usually win. If our Bolts can show up with the same intensity as last week, they can win this game. If they come out with hangovers... we won't stand a chance.

28. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +334
    Ms Polamalu is going to get bloody and dirty in this one. What a biotch.

29. SteelersDave

SteelersDave BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    I think you are pretty dead on. Our idiot OC got rid of the fullback in leiu of a 2 tight-end set for run blocking and we haven't been right since. Mewelde Moore has probably been the more productive option for us this year. I have been pleasantly suprised with his play. I expect a lot of involvement with Moore, especially if Parker cannot get it going. What I would like to see, but probably won't, is more opportunity for our TE Miller. He has great hands and finishes plays. I really think we under use him, to our detriment. We have a great history at stopping the run, but Sproles is so fast and slippery he could break a long run, which may be a deciding factor in a game I believe will be very close. This one may just come down to one big play!

30. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Welcome, Dave. Thanks for stopping by.