1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Help re: another tab another site

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by VikingBolt, Sep 10, 2009.

1. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    When I opened my Firefox tonight, it automatically updated to latest version. Just a few minutes ago I clicked on new tab but no matter what location or bookmark I put in there, I get "problem loading page", can't even get to yahoo.com. If I rightclick on a link here within BT, it will open in a new tab.

I also noticed about half an hour ago, I get a yellow triangle with ! in it between the fan2fan alliance and the Bolt Talk shirt, so something isn't liking between those 2.

2. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    ACK! I can't get ANY other site but here at BT....
    helppppp

3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,673
    Have you tried clearing cache/cookies?

• Like Like x 1
  4. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Restart your computer.

• Like Like x 1
  5. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    Thank you for your replies CBF and SDNWY, much appreciated.

I always clear my history when I shut down. Is that the same as when using Explorer to clear cookies? I don't see that option with Firefox (to clear cookies). TIA

I thought it was due to the updates of MS and Firefox. I couldn't update my Trend Micro, said it couldn't find the server. I could get to this site and SDUT forums - drove me crazy.

A number of messages said I wasn't connected to a server and yet I was. Don't know what the problem was, but it's working now.

Before I retired, I knew how to run my own computer and understood all but some of the networking, but am lost on it all now.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Hey Vike - sorry for the late response. There was a problem with one of the updates in September - I just installed a full version of Firefox over the old one (it automagically grabbed all of my bookmarks/etc.) and the problem went away.

I only mention this should it happen to ya again.

I have since abandoned MS Windows XP and am happily running Firefox under Ubuntu Linux these days. :icon_banana:

7. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    Hey, no problem, thanks for the reply. I think what I finally figured out the problem, as I later noticed my provider connection was also acting funny.

• Like Like x 1