1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Help re: another tab another site

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by VikingBolt, Sep 10, 2009.

1. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    When I opened my Firefox tonight, it automatically updated to latest version. Just a few minutes ago I clicked on new tab but no matter what location or bookmark I put in there, I get "problem loading page", can't even get to yahoo.com. If I rightclick on a link here within BT, it will open in a new tab.

I also noticed about half an hour ago, I get a yellow triangle with ! in it between the fan2fan alliance and the Bolt Talk shirt, so something isn't liking between those 2.

2. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    ACK! I can't get ANY other site but here at BT....
    helppppp

3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Have you tried clearing cache/cookies?

• Like Like x 1
  4. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Restart your computer.

• Like Like x 1
  5. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    Thank you for your replies CBF and SDNWY, much appreciated.

I always clear my history when I shut down. Is that the same as when using Explorer to clear cookies? I don't see that option with Firefox (to clear cookies). TIA

I thought it was due to the updates of MS and Firefox. I couldn't update my Trend Micro, said it couldn't find the server. I could get to this site and SDUT forums - drove me crazy.

A number of messages said I wasn't connected to a server and yet I was. Don't know what the problem was, but it's working now.

Before I retired, I knew how to run my own computer and understood all but some of the networking, but am lost on it all now.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Hey Vike - sorry for the late response. There was a problem with one of the updates in September - I just installed a full version of Firefox over the old one (it automagically grabbed all of my bookmarks/etc.) and the problem went away.

I only mention this should it happen to ya again.

I have since abandoned MS Windows XP and am happily running Firefox under Ubuntu Linux these days. :icon_banana:

7. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    Hey, no problem, thanks for the reply. I think what I finally figured out the problem, as I later noticed my provider connection was also acting funny.

• Like Like x 1