1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Hester Highlight Reel:

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by mandude, Apr 27, 2008.

1. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
  2. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    I'm Definitely Glad To Have Him....

The Running Game Won't Even Break Stride....

:cool:

3. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Thanks for the link Mandude. Hester looks like a stud and like you all said will fit real nice in this dynamic offense. AJ and Nix got their man and I think he will be yet another gem. Cason looks like a stud too. Everyone else is drafting to build their team, we are drafting to build depth and a Lombardi!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
  5. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    Wow, that is pretty funny. Not sure if it's a good sign for our man Cason though. :lol:

6. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    Now THAT's What The **** I'm Talkin About....

7. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Thank You! Rep time action! :yes:

8. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    man I like the way he drops his head, he's gonna punish a few DBs

:yes:

Kinda reminds me of Lo with hands!!

:tup:

• Like Like x 1
  9. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    Here's another clip:

He totally destroys a safety who hits him dead on.

10. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    The announcer dude said he was a superb lead bblocker; erikwhatzizface said otherwise...whom to believe :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

11. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205

I Paid Attention To This Guy The Past Season And I'm Telling You He's Better Than Advertised....Between The Tackles He's Great....He Has Great Hands And He's Got A Lil Speed To Him.....I Think He's More Like A Lorenzo Crossed With Michael Turner....This Guy IS Gonna Be AWESOME.....

I Can't Say How Much I'm Pleased With This Pick...

12. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Well hopefully our hideous two-yard out to the fullback might actually get us a first down once in awhile now.

I like the pick. :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  13. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Don Banks Snap Judgments:

don't know if dude know shiit but big props to AJ

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/04/27/snap.judgments.day2/index.html?bcnn=yes

• San Diego really must have a conviction about LSU fullback/running back Jacob Hester, throwing New England a second-round pick in 2009, plus a fifth this year in order to move back into the third round and take Hester 69th overall. Hester is certainly a different kind of runner than the departed Michael Turner, LaDainian Tomlinson's former backup, but he has been productive for the Tigers, rushing for more than 1,100 yards last season.

I'm going to give Chargers general manager A.J. Smith the benefit of the doubt on this one, because his body of work in the past five drafts or so deserves it. When Smith targets a player and goes after him, he usually knows what he's doing. And let's face it: The Chargers' roster is so talent laden that Smith can afford to be choosey and take a few chances.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    I googled Hester and I found this...

jacob-hester-ode-to-white-running-back.html

I'm not sure if this is even funny...Well the last line is funny...Here it is....

Jacob Hester, we will cut you some slack
    You aren't too bad for a white running back.

TBF

15. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    As far as I remember, AJ hasn't wiffed on anyone he moved up to draft, so I have to have some confidence in his track record. Cason and Hester should be able to make the roster, but I am going to be more reserved about their eventual impact. Marcus Thomas and DeJuan Tribble are guys. No doubt they were better than average among those available. Tribble is the same size as Sproles(more or less), but DB's don't make their living being evasive and hard to find. Clark is too clumsy to be a tackle, but at the same time, he's not presently strong enough to be a road grader. He's a project, so right now we are vulnerable to injury along the O Line.

16. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Yep. Loneal. God love him sadly lacked any kind of foot speed and was tackled before he made a step or two. If hester can get us that extra two and 3 yards on either a fullback swing pass or a full back plunge after faking the pass we'll be hugely upgraded. To just keep moving the chains which we seemed to always have trouble with in the short yardage situations we should be hugely better off.

17. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I am just wondering if we got Lo Neals replacement with Hester.

Hester is smaller than Neal but faster.

But what is up with AJ moving up to get these kind of players. Giving up Draft choices next year. Geesh! :icon_sad:

I hope that Hester is worth what we gave up for him. :unsure:

• Like Like x 1
  18. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    o my lord ahahha, yessss, perfect replacement for Neal/Turner

19. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Anyone who lowers his head & plows over folks like this guy can block. B5Erik or whatever his name is has established absolutely zero cred here so far. So my backing is still behind AJ.

Surprised?? :icon_tease:

20. boltmanbz

Ratings:
    +86
    Hester = a football player

21. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    AJ has been crushing on this guy since November! :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  22. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    This kid's a baller. Heard an interview with him this morning on Scott & BR on 1090xx. He's gonna be great for us.

23. boltmanbz

Ratings:
    +86
    heard it too, i love this guy, no wonder everyone talks about his character

24. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Here is the video embedded for those that just want to watch it here.

<object width="408" height="347"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://static.si.com/pvs2/lib/swf/eplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="408" height="347" allowfullscreen="true" FlashVars="acfg=http://static.si.com/nfldraft08/xml/app_player.xml&scfg=http://static.si.com/nfldraft08/xml/nfldraft08-system.xml&c=Draft%20Order&p=216304&s=3030740&i=277789"></embed></object>

25. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    In the same article is this comparison:

• Only the Raiders. Oakland finally admitted the mistake it made when it traded up in 2005's first round to take Nebraska cornerback Fabian Washington. The Raiders went for him because Washington had a great 40 time that year, and we all know how Al Davis feels about speed. The Raiders traded Washington to Baltimore on Sunday, in exchange for a fourth-round pick.

What did Oakland do with that pick? They took Richmond receiver Arman Shields, who missed almost all of 2007 with a knee injury. That'll make him feel right at home in Oakland. The Raiders already have receivers Javon Walker, Ronald Curry and Drew Carter, all of whom have endured major knee injuries in the not-too-distant past.

26. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205

:cool::tup::abq2:

27. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Hello Charger fans.

Y'all got a good one with Hester. I don't watch much NFL, but will start to follow San Diego now that Jacob is heading there. The guy is a class act, and tremendous leader for his team.

I'm a lifelong fan of LSU football, and can say without a doubt that he is one of my top 3 All-Time favorite Tigers.

In the 4th quarter vs. Florida this year (with the game and National Championship aspirations on the line), he was the only guy I wanted with the ball in his hands. Even tough the entire country knew he was getting the ball, he still somehow wills himself whatever distance is needed. Without him, there is NO WAY we win the National Championship this past season.

He put this team on his back and carried us in every crucial spot of the season.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Welcome to the Chargers. Don't forget we've also got former Tiger WR Craig Davis on the roster.

29. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16

Another good one. Steady hands, and doesn't get rattled in pressure spots. Not really a big play guy, but is cabable if called upon.
    If y'all keep picking up our guys, I may have to become a full time Chargers fan.:icon_toast:

30. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Welcome to the forum. :tup:

Hopefully you stick around and enjoy watching Hester raise the Lombardi over his head in about 9 months from now.

I love following LSU. I wish Les would have gone to Michigan because I am not a big fan of his, but that's a conversation best saved for another time. Again, welcome.