1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Hester Wtf, Scifres Hurt Another Punt Blocked!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by L.T Bolt, Nov 7, 2010.

1. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    How Long Befor The Special Teams Coach Gets Fired 9 eeks And They Dont Know How To Block And punt????? Wtf This Shyt Is Ridiculous

2. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Why do we even bother punting? This is retarded! Just have rivers throw it deep to there db's.

3. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    True we should have rivers throw off for the db's to return a interception as a punt smh damn shame special teams that bad

4. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    seyi ajirotutu appreciation

seyi ajirotutu justgot his first td on a VJ looking play. Way to step up man. On a day when So many receivers are out its great to see seyi helping us stay in it. I liked this guy for a while and although injuries suck, im glad he is getting a chance to prove himself. Itll be nice having another 6'5" target when jackson or floyd leaves.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Brandon Lang with the bad block leading to Scifres injury

6. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    I think it is time to start training Rivers how to fake like we are going for it on 4th and have him kick. Net yards would probably be MUCH higher...

7. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    I believe they ended up ruling it a ONE YARD PUNT, lol, not a blocked punt. It was deflected.

8. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    I feel bad for Scifres, because it brought down his punting average quite a bit...

9. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    In the Lions game, their kicker got clobbered and left the game. Guess who had to kick the extra point? Ndamukong Suh. He missed it, FWIW.

10. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Hester should be shot. Jesus christ. WTF was he thinking on the kickoff ? We gave up 36 yards on that stupid play. If he lets the ball go out of bounds, we take possession on the 40 yard line. Instead, we are on the 4.

That is just flat out mental stupidity.

11. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan Unhappy Camper

Ratings:
    +13

Every time that character screws up I can't help but be reminded we traded up for THAT.

12. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    The players need to hold a kangaroo court and hold themselves accountable. Someone needs to step up and do it. I suspect Norv will not impose punitive measures such as laps or push-ups etc etc so something needs to be done by someone on the team.

Until the players know they will be held accountable in some fashion, they will continue to do stupid stuff. Accountability and follow through are key.

13. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I tell you. In all the many, many years of following the NFL I have NEVER seen such a bad special teams unit. I mean, my 12 year old son was asking what the heck is going on? He said he remembers when we USED to be one of the best ST units in the NFL so I don't think it's Crosby. I'm not sure what the heck is going on but if we don't get that stuff corrected real soon we aren't going anywhere. The elite teams will be salivating when we punt or kickoff and will exploit the heck out of us. I always look at the replay of a blocked punt or FG and in almost every case guys were missing their assignments with 3 guys blocking 1 freeing up the opposing rusher to get free. Thank goodness we have a bye week because we need to be focusing on Special teams for 2 solid weeks at LEAST. That bad ST play may have cost us the season!

14. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I would like to formally nominate 1 COOL GUY for Special Team Coach.

15. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Quick point. Hester caught the ball in bounds and then stepped out. What if he didn't catch it and the ball hit inbounds and then bounced onto the field of play and the Texans landed on it? Then everyone would be yelling at Hester because he did not field the ball.

16. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    The Texans players were not close to the ball. Hester or Sproles had ample opportunity to still pick the ball up. Trying to justifying Hester grabbing that kick off the way he did is completely absurd. Zero times out of a hundred should he have caught that ball where and how he did.

17. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I'm not trying to justify anything. Just saying that if the ball took a crazy bounce and the Texans ended up with it, there would still be a lot of cussing out of Hester, but for a different matter.

18. floridaboltfan

floridaboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    No we wouldn't b yelling its not his job to field a kick inside the 10

19. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    The dude should have been rooting for the ball to go out of bounds. Hester pitched the ball back onto the field as he went out of bounds. That is a LIVE ball for the other team to pick up.

If the ball would have bounced in bounds with NO CHANCE of going out, then yeah, Hester should be fielding it and earning his money.

My point is if the players knew that they would be held accountable because they fear the coaches doghouse, the players would think twice.

20. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    What's astonishing about this is not that its just one person or a group of people but its something new every time and someone new every time. I've never seen anything like this before