1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Hester's Pancake

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Joy Division, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    This shows Mathew's highlights...but at 1:23 watch Hester.
    This is the play before he runs it in for a td.

That linebacker got p@wned!

2. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Very good block and Hester has been an important player on this team, unfortunately he will always be bashed because of what was given up to get him in the draft. If he was a 3rd, 4th, or 5th round pick, he would probably be a fan favorite. But since they gave up a 2nd round pick for him, he will always be looked down upon

3. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Thanks for posting that. I was going to go back and find the replay after reading Hester's quote in the UT.
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/sep/06/even-best-blocks-often-are-missed/

“After the game, all everybody in my family wanted to talk about was the touchdown,” says Hester, who ended the Chargers’ game-opening drive with a six-yard burrow into the end zone. “I said, 'Yeah, but did you see the play before?’ They all said, “No.’ I was like, “Oh man, that was my best play of the game! I pancaked (flattened) the linebacker. Didn’t anybody see that?’

“They go, 'No, we just saw the touchdown.’ Even my wife said she didn’t see the block."

Also watch Dombrowski's block on 52 while being chopped on the next play. Killer.

[​IMG]

4. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    Let's call him IHOP cause he's serving pancakes! :yes:
    [​IMG]

5. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    I don't look down on him. I don't really care where a player was taken or what was given up to get them, as long as they produce. The draft is a big guessing game anyway. Who is to say that we gave up a superstar instead of a Rogers Beckett or Reche Caldwell?

6. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Some people may not, but I think as a whole, that is how he is view by many Charger fans