1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Hey BoltfanUK

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sd-local, Apr 30, 2007.

1. sd-local

sd-local BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    A little bored here and my eyes are starting to bleed from trying to read up on every single angle of the past draft...anyway, I was wondering if you're originally from SD or what? If not, what inspired you to become a Bolt/Pads Fan?

On the same page are there more of you who aren't from SD? and if so why did you become a fan?

2. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501
    Howya doin... Yeah I'm from Dublin, Ireland. Been a Charger fan since the early 80's when as a kid I wrote to a number of teams trying to get some free stuff. Football was being shown on TV for the first time back then and I was intrigued by the sport having had no exposure whatsoever up to then. Anyhows the good news is the people at the Chargers were on the ball and sent me loads of stuff like posters and their magazine (at the time). It was around the time Jerry Rice was drafted as I remember him being profiled as a guy the Chargers were looking at in the draft. We ended up selecting Jim Lachey who was a v good left tackle but somehow I don't believe he will be remembered ala Rice.

Ever since I am a glutton for Chargers info. Before the internet I was starved to death so I made the trip in 1994 to see them live in 'the Murph' against Cincy. Gr8 days with Stan and Hitman. I then caught them in Oakland of all places, imagine!!.

I am looking into going to the New England game this year if I can be guaranteed a good ticket for the game. Perhaps I should get onto the front office friends again!!.

3. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Hey my Name is Chris From the UK..I'm a 15 year old who has Loved all American Sports except Nascar since i was 10. The Buffalo Bills were my original team as my dad is a diehard Bill fan until The Chargers were on Sky Sports and i was amazed on how they played so i became a Charger Fan:tup: Then in Christmas 2 years ago i got an Ipod and searched for San Diego Charger Podcasts and found bolttalk then september last year i joined the Forums and the rest is history.

I became friends with Ray and Loren who host the show and was talking to them on skype on a regular basis so my love for the NFL and the chargers has grown in the last year

4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    And for someone who's only 15, I gotta say you're one of the most knowledgble fans of the game. :icon_toast:

5. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Hard to compare any offensive lineman to a WR. But, Lachey was a member of the "Hogs" at Washington and has a SB ring. So, I would say he was pretty good.

6. BoltsFanUK

Ratings:
    +848
    thanks mate...my mate said if i can't play it then i should either coach or ref the game

7. sd-local

sd-local BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    Can you play?

If you play European football SDSU can always use a kicker, we always have the worst kicker.

8. BoltsFanUK

Ratings:
    +848
    I can throw a nice ball but i would need to get practice with a coach who knows about the game

9. VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN

VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    Im VA, and btw East Coast not so great unless ur in FLA.

i was kinda born into it, my dad a fan my mom a fan, mayb its just genetics

10. BoltsFanUK

Ratings:
    +848
  11. BoltsFanUK

Ratings:
    +848
    Hye guys..just got my new book..called Offensive Football Stratigies:tup:

12. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    I'm living far away from San Diego, but not far away from American TV. I was born in the Frankfurt Area with the big Army Airport.
    My brother played basketball in the 70'ies with soldiers or kids of
    army families. He bought a receiver to get American Forces Net Work so we watch basketball and football games. My first Superbowl was Pittsburgh vs. Dallas.
    I started to love west coast offense with the camera on a long flying egg falling into the hands of a receiver and Fouts was the king in those days. I liked the lightning bolts and two heartbreaking losses in the playoffs. I remember listening the Miami heat game
    from 2 to 6 a.m. on radio walking up and down at my youth room.
    Since then I#m a die-hard Charger fan, who follows th ups and downs of his team, and so I will till I die - only when they don't
    move away from Southern California.
    I visited S.D. ans J-Murphy-St. with my familiy in 1996 during a USA trip.

13. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    to Dublin Bolt & BoltsFanUK
    it's great to know the chargers have fan across the pond. :tup: :tup:

i am a season ticke holder and i have 3 extra seats if your ever out here and whant to go to a game let me know i'll hook you up (hook you up= sell them to you at my cost) well tail gate and have some crane asada (mexican bar-b-q ) if you have not had this you will love it.
    you should also try to find some charger fan that has a slingbox so that you guys chould see the games live via your computer i am trying to convice wifie to let me get one :yes:
    GO CHAGERS!!!!!!! GOD SAVE THE QUEEN AND GOD BLESS IRELAND!!!!:tup: :abq1: :icon_toast:

p.s
    cant do the denver game or faider game
    i'll get killed

• Like Like x 1
  14. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288
    I LOVE Blair :yes: :tup:

15. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501

Wow that is some generous offer!!, is it genuine?, if so I'd love to take u up on ur offer some day. I have never had carne asada and the boys here just seem to talk about it all day. It sounds like some good grub with a cold beer lovely jubbly. Any chance ur goin to the New England game and can get me a seat there too?. :tup:

Also must look into that slingbox thingie. I have relied on things like Armed forces radio (goin back to the 80s) on dodgy MW to the tv over net players now to get the games. One year I subscribed to www.pontel.com to get all the games on dvd. It was no use though as more often than not the dvd arrived after the next game had been played and staying away from the net for that long killed me!.

There is a British Sports channel (Sky Sports) showing 2 live games every sunday but they do not show our beloved Bolts too often. Even as a 14-2 team we only got to see them twice during the reg season in 2006!.

Anyhows thanks for giving us props and look forward to meeting you sometime in the not too distant future!. :icon_toast:

16. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Great offer bro! Welcome to the forum!:tup:

17. BoltsFanUK

Ratings:
    +848
    cheers mate..i'll have to use this offer someday

Welcome to the Forum

This deserves MEGA UK Rep:yes: :yes:

18. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106

for sheezzy my nizzy
    that means yes

us bolts fans must stick out for each other
    btw they are kick a** seats

30/40 yard line 15 rows up chargers side

19. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    also happy b-lated birthday BoltsFanUK heard it on the podcast

20. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    Dublin Bolt
    my wife is half korean half irish
    so if you ever do come down bring some pics of her mother land or atleast half of it lol:tup:

21. BoltsFanUK

Ratings:
    +848
    Cheers.. Those tickets can be my present;)

22. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:
    hey i think we bufflo @ home next year your pops likes them right?

23. BoltsFanUK

Ratings:
    +848
    yeah he does