1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Hey leisure....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Thread_Killer, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Have you been watching Rockstar: Supernova? What is your take?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Is that another reality show? I swear I don't have much time for TV these days. I'm going to have to have a thread where people can tell me what's worth watching on TV, then just TiVo those shows. Right now I'm pretty much just watching the HBO shows. Just Deadwood right now.

• Like Like x 1
  3. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I watch it just to see Brooke Burke in tight outfits. :icon_eek:

[​IMG]

4. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    You're talking about the Rockstar: Supernova show? It might be worth TiVoing to see Brooke. Then again I could just scan through the bolthead cheer thread. :icon_mrgreen:

5. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Nothing like seeing them jigglies or her legs live in action. :icon_mrgreen:

6. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    No, Lukas looks like Clint Howard:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Lucas looks like he got his makeup done by a whore :icon_eek:

8. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    Hey leisure you making it out to the next tailgate?

9. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    Stick with Bolthead Cheer. Brooke isn't on-camera enough for it to be worth it, and some of her outfits have been "curious".

Like most reality shows, it is hard to jump in and get into it mid-stream anyways.

10. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    Hey leisure, IMO there are only three rockers who have any chance in hell of fronting this band.

Storm:

[​IMG]

Dilana:

[​IMG]

Magni:

[​IMG]

11. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Everyone knows Dilana is going to win. leisure go put all of your leisurebeans on Dilana it's MTL's golden boot of the century.

12. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    And the bad part about all of those things is....?

:icon_razz:

13. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680

I'm pulling for Magni as well, for all the reasons you mentioned.

Reason I put Storm in the top three is because those three are the only ones with enough stage presence to front this band. The rest of them, might as well send them home right now.

edit: I would hit Storm. :lol

14. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    My two cents:

Patrice: Very nice original song, didn’t look as much like a Soccer Mom in that leather vest thing. But after Gilby told her she could have success as a solo artist, it is clear that she has no chance to front this band.

Magni: Awesome job on “Smells Like Teen Spirit”. I didn’t get Tommy’s criticism that he should’ve played guitar, especially since Supernova has been bagging on the contestants endlessly for playing guitar TOO MUCH, and not concentrating on just singing. Again, I didn’t get it. IMO this was the best performance of the night, and Magni is still my front-runner.

Ryan: Another good original song. I thought throwing the guitar on the ground was stupid, but SN thinks that stuff is cool for whatever reason. Give me a break, these guys are all in their 40’s, they’re not gonna be smashing equipment on stage. Whatever. Anyways, Ryan to me is just a poser, another one who has no chance to win.

Storm: I can’t get over how pretty she is, like a cross between Courtney Thorne Smith and that chick who used to play Xena Warrior Princess, keeping the best parts of both of them. Anyways, she was so nervous about picking Aerosmith’s “Crying”, but I thought she killed it, none of the other contestants could’ve done this song. Storm remains in my top three. Oh yeah, that black leather corset was HOT!! :D

Dilana: Her worst performance ever, sang off-key, didn’t look comfortable, a big letdown since she fought so hard to do this song. But once again, Supernova thinks her sh*t doesn’t stink, and they fall over themselves giving her props. Not this time for me. :no:

Toby: I thought his rendition of Layla sucked, but again everybody else liked it. He’s another dude that will never win.

Lukas:
    I don’t get the love for this guy. He sucks almost every week, can’t stand the guttural warbling thing. I forget what song he did, but it didn’t work. Supernova praised him again though, maybe it’s just me.

PS. Have you been noticing the feud between Dilana and Lukas? Whenever one of them performs, they cut to the other one with a sour look on their face. Those two definitely don't like each other.

15. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Magni SHOULD win.

However, he might not.

Unless SuperNova is trying to be another Evanescence, the lead singer should be a male. Nearly all hard rock and heavy metal bands have such.

If Magni doesn't win, then he'll be their Chris Daughtry and be able to sign a contract to be the lead singer of some other hard rock band if he wanted.

Plus, the name Magni just goes well with SuperNova:

Magni SuperNova

:yes:

16. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    I'm starting to come around to the guy a little bit, I guess. And the closer it gets to the end, I'm becoming convinced that Supernova ISN'T picking a woman to front their band.

Toby has made a nice comeback, so my top three is now him, Lukas, and Magni, with Magni still being my front-runner.

Tonight's elimination show should be interesting, I think Ryan is going home.

17. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    :no: :icon_shrug: :tdown: :icon_huh:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    Rock Star: Supernova

Okay, here’s my thoughts after last night’s elimination show:

Brooke Burke looks hot again. Wow. :icon_mrgreen:

First up, Lukas performs with Supernova on an original song. They’ve done three of these, the first two sucked, this one is decent. Lukas sounds pretty good; I can actually see him winning this thing.

But here’s what I don’t get: All through this competition, Supernova has been warning the contestants that they have to be REALLY HEAVY to jam with this band. If that’s so, why are those three songs so wimpy? It’s just ordinary pop-rock, nothing special, certainly nothing “heavy” about it. Where’s the Metal influence?

Toby is chosen for the encore, he does a very nice rendition of “Rebel Yell”, but there should be a moratorium on walking through the crowd. Enough already. Last thing about Toby: Man, I had totally written him off, but he’s making a nice comeback. And if Supernova is gonna just do wimpy pop-rock, than his voice is just fine for this band.

Now for the bottom three, as they take turns performing one last time to try and save themselves. First up is Ryan. He does an amazingly bad job on the Who’s “Baba O’reilly”. Amazingly bad. He is such a poser, not natural at all. :tdown:

Storm is next, first time ever in the bottom 3. She takes on “Helter Skelter” and totally kills it, very entertaining. I don’t know if she’s right for this band, but Storm has that star quality, it makes her stand out from the crowd. I will be following her career after this show is over.

Dilana’s arrogance and lack of class are coming through. She was so surprised to be in the bottom three, you could totally see it in her body language and expressions. As proof, she didn’t even pick a song to perform until the last minute (Psycho Killers from the Talking Heads). Anyways, it was definitely a WTF performance; creepy and disjointed, she seemed to lose her place in the middle, it was uncomfortable to watch.

Dilana has been the front-runner for so long, but after that song, and with her recent screw-ups, I half-expected her to get the axe. But she is safe for another week, and so is Storm. Ryan goes home, and I’m glad to see him go.

Now there is nobody left who bugs me; I like everyone. I still think that Magni is best to front Supernova, but guys like Lukas and Toby have definitely closed the gap. Can’t wait for next week. :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  19. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Flordia INT 6-0!!! I put 1.5x on them!!!

20. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680

IMO, last night was the best SuperNova show so far. There are only five rockers left: Last night, each of them performed two songs, one cover tune, and one original song.

[​IMG]

First up was Dilana: Very nice version of the Who’s “Behind Blue Eyes”. Her original song was called “Super Soul”, pretty catchy tune. Not great, but 100 TIMES better than anything that SuperNova has shown us. My problem with Dilana: She started off so strong, but really hasn’t evolved, or gotten any better. Meanwhile, everybody else has been stepping it up; it just seems like Dilana has no momentum, which is bad news going into the final competition next week.

[​IMG]

Magni was next. Did a killer version of “Back in the USSR”. His original song was catchy as well, but I thought it went on too long. He should’ve spiced it up with the bridge section, instead of the chorus-verse-chorus-verse pattern. To make a football analogy, Magni to me is a “Game Manager” Quarterback. He’s got a strong voice, probably the best of the remaining contestants. But he lacks charisma, lacks an interesting or unique quality. So he’s not the type who will elevate a band by being their lead singer. That’s the problem: SuperNova is so weak from a song-writing standpoint, the last thing they need is a vocalist who just “administers the contest”. It would be like Drew Brees going to… going to… the New Orleans Saints! :icon_rofl:

[​IMG]

Storm followed, did a great job on Bowie’s “Suffagette City”, but her original song was INCREDIBLE. Hearing something of this quality underscores just how much SuperNova sucks in their songwriting. She is definitely NOT a Game Manager QB. She’s more like Philip Rivers, somebody who can play on Norm Chow’s team and win a Super Bowl. :icon_mrgreen:

[​IMG]

Lukas was next, with a strange version of Bon Jovi’s “Living On A Prayer”, just him playing guitar, with faint keyboard in the background. Didn’t do anything for me, but the SuperNova guys dug it. Then Lukas proceeded to blow me away with HIS original tune, again overshadowing the lameness of SuperNova’s songs.

[​IMG]

Last up was Toby, who has quietly been mounting a major comeback. I had written him off for dead about a month ago, but after last night he is my new front-runner. Toby kicked SERIOUS ***, starting off with a great rendition of “Mr. Brightside” by The Killers. Then he kicked it up a notch with an awesome original, a heavy rock song, that I am still humming in my head. The best performance of the night by far.

Bottom line: Can't say enough about the quality of those original songs, especially Toby, Lukas, and Storm.

Tonight’s show should be interesting. I’m guessing that Magni gets the axe.

21. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504

I don't agree. Magni has the strongest vocals of this group and he was the number 1 guy last week. Doubt he'll go from first to worst. I think that Dilana puts on a good show but she may be toast soon. I think Lucas is extremely talented but not right for the party rock that Supernova is pushing for. He is much more of a hard alternative type guy. Storm is awesome but should go out on her own and rule the stage. Toby is my pick for the guy who wins this because he's unattached, decent singer, and will be able to hang with the party lifestyle this band will have.