1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Hey! You! Yeah You Rivers Rats! Listen Up!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    We spent the last two years (or more) arguing about Quarterbacks. Spittle flew to the point of flooding the forums. I argued for Drew, you argued for Philip. I asked for proof that Philip was the QB you said he was, no one could offer it.

His previous preseason plays were horrid, tripping over his feet, throwing passes to the ground, running from phantom pressure. His camp time didn’t impress me either, I was seriously worried when it looked like we would hand the reins of the O to Philip, based on that assessment.

This preseason however Philip has shown what you guys were hoping for. His play has been good, he has handled pressure like a veteran starting QB. The play against the Bears where the corner comes in on the blitz and hits Rivers, and Rivers shrugs him off and moved out to the side and hit Floyd for positive yardage. BEAUTY! He showed he can handle pressure and make things happen.

Bottom line, Budsman, Eldwin, PR#1, Reiff, Hexedbolt and all the other Rivers Rats. You were 100% right about PR. I offer the props you deserve. I am comfortable with Philip as our QB, he is good, and I expect no drop off in our O from last season. He may not take us to the playoffs this season, but that will be because of the OL more than PRs ability.

I am a believer. Rivers is a good QB. I do not agree with your assessments of Drew, but that doesn’t matter as he aint no Bolt no mo!

• Like Like x 1
  2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Waiting for Leisure to acknowledge it too... :icon_wink:

3. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Before Leisure says anything, allow me to say to him.

SHADDAP!!!!

:lol:

4. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    What is a River Rat anyhow? Always thought that was dumb.

5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Hey, its better than the PR Corps!:lol:

Man I spill my guts, and admit my wrongness and you have to go there! Your hurtfull!:lol:

6. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    When leisure gets around to acknowledging this thread, ask him how Brees looked tonight ...

7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Brees' highlights didnt look too bad. Though do the saints have a D?

8. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Dallas should have had a pick six but dropped the ball. How many 3 and outs did Brees have?

Saints have no D or OL.

They'll need a gunslinger to keep them in games, and even a healthy Brees didn't have the arm for that. It's going to be a long season for them.

9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I dont know how many three and outs he had. I was on the plane. I am just saying the highlights didnt look bad. What was his final stats?

10. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Allow me to answer your question: NO. Defense does not exist in New Orleans.

As for Brees... clearly there is some reluctance to open up the offense and let him really test the shoulder. They are not taking any chances with him. Dump offs, underneath routes, screen passes... these are all designed to keep him out of harm's way. Wisely.

Unfortunately for Drew... that lack of Defense is going to hurt him more than any blitzing defender will. Reggie will bail him out a lot, but those guys are going to be backed up more often than Toniu Fonoti on a weekend buffet tour. :icon_eek:

11. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Its fun I suppose to keep arguing about the qb position.

But as everyone saw against the bears what really matters is how well the o-line does. Rivers is as good or better than brees. But if he doesn't get o-line protection he's going to have trouble. Same as brees had when the o-line wasn't helping..

12. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Brees still has major accuracy issues and I don't think that NO got a first down until about halfway through the second quarter.

NO sucks big time. Anyone that thinks that team will make the Playoffs isn't watching the same team that I am.

13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Did you read the posts here? Who is arguing QBs?:icon_huh:

14. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    You suck conc :tup:

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    You swallow!:icon_rofl:

16. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    you sleep with your brees-a-molee on each night :lol:

17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Aaaaand?!:icon_evil:

18. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    ISnt LJ physically more powerful than McNeil though?

19. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    this is why the NFL needs a NBA type slotting system, its very lame to have such huge contracts withoutt a single play

20. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Quite right... A freudian slip?:lol:

21. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I don't know if they wanted DB back as a starter or not. From the way he's looked in preseason, his arm isn't where it was before, and he never had a cannon.

PR signed only after SD moved more of the money to the front of the contract. That is what broke the ice to get him into camp.

There is no perfection in QB's. When people glowingly look back on Fouts, they forget that he threw a TON of INT's in the postseason.

DB getting biitch slapped is his own doing, with the lies and whiney way he crawled out of San Diego.

22. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Well he is by all reports impressing Shotty, which means he will get playing time. Be good to have a good rotation to keep them fresh.

23. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I am not sayin I hate Drew. I am just happy with Rivers so far, I think Drew is, was and will be a great QB. But unfortunately he isnt here anymore. Rivers is putting my fears to rest, I am very happy with that.

But Brees is still a good QB, and no hatin goin on here.:icon_banana:

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    :lol:

25. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    AHEM!!! This thread is about Conc saying he was wrong about Rivers, not you guys bashing on the Breeser.

You may now return to your normal posting (if there is such a thing!).