1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Hit On Welker...Fear Factor

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gridreaper, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96

...I personally enjoyed this hit from the Steeler's Ryan Clark on Welker. Sorry Beerguy and Buck Blinco but last year's arrogance and continued smugness just gets under my skin.
    Rodney, Seau, Foley, Merriman...I remember when the Bolt defense used to scare people. It's amazing how timid a lot of the Patriot routes looked and drops were made by Moss even before this lambasting. Even Hines Ward has defenders looking around wondering when and if he'll undress them. We need some of that toughness!!

2. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    If Rodney did that with a Pats uniform on you guys would cry foul from here to eternity..........:yes:

It's funny how peoples perceptions can change based on the situation.

I'll send Wes your love when I get on the plane with him tomorrow.:lol:

3. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Hahaha I commented on that video.

4. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Not quite my beerdrinking friend. You forget, Rodney played in San Diego first :lol: I have no problem with a nice, clean hit. By the way, Mike Pereira ruled this a perfectly clean hit and no fine will ensue. He stated that this will nearly always result in a flag when it happens in normal speed. Upon further review though, no foul and certainly no fine.

Oh and do give Wesley my love, can he tie his shoes by himself yet?:icon_rofl:

5. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    ....and O.J. is innocent, so say your peers in the CA jury pool........

How ironic that it took a place like Vegas to get it right with The Juice.

I'm sure, unlike you and I, Wes can afford to keep someone on the payroll to tie his shoes for him.:icon_rofl:

6. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    I probably would have called for a penalty at the moment, but looking at it now, it's a clean hit. Welker was looking upfield, so I wouldn't call it a dirty hit. Nasty as hell though, and even though he's on the Pats I'm glad he's ok. He's one of the few that I can respect on that team!:tup:

7. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Only if he hurt one of my Chargers ;) I'm a homer, so sue me.

but deep down inside - I love seeing a trainwreck when it's a clean hit. Gotta keep your head on a swivel right? Does ESPN still do a "Jacked Up" list? Those were always fun to watch :tup:

8. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Don't get me started...

More ironic is where he got busted. Palace Station is second (or third) rate at best. Guess that judgment put the Bellagio out of reach. Oy vey...

Too true!