1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Hmm, paging Jim Johnson of the Eagles. . .

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Rule12b, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Rule12b

Rule12b Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116
    Did you all see how he mixed up his packages against the Pats? Sure they lost but those beeatches had all they could handle. Imagine what that guy would do with the talent we have on D by comparison. . .

Perchance to dream. . .even when we win, I find watching our D play this year hard to stomach. Today there was a glimmer, a gleam, that once in a while we might actually blitz. But it wasn't enough.

Last season, the agression of our D set the tempo for our entire team, offense as well. That is why we are flat this year, period.

Ted sucks. That is all.

2. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Dude, today we brought the heat. You can't complain about today. We got 4 sacks and were all over Boller's ***. Believe me, I love Jim Johnson, but today is not the day to bag on Cotrell.

3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    I won't say Ted sucks...yet.

But...

I will say that EVERY team that is going to face the pats or MIGHT face the pats this season will study tonight's game to see how the Eagles disrupted Brady & Co.

I hate to play the "if" game. But IF they have McNabb at QB, they DO NOT lose tonight.

4. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    The Philly defense was so physical with those NE receivers that they were actually dropping easy passes!! Moss got lit up, Welker got lit up, Stallworth took some punishment, and best of all BRADY GOT HIT TIME AND AGAIN. He didn't like it one bit. Madden was right.... this was the blueprint to beat the Patriots. If Philly doesn't jump offsides on that damn punt... they would have won this game.

The Eagles also showed today that the Pats defense is highly overrated, too.

5. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288
    I thought Philly played a GREAT game tonite. Jim Johnson is a GREAT dc, I wouldn't mind having him but he has no desire to be head coach :no:

6. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    But, according to B4L... it is the desire of EVERY asst. coach to become Head Coach. :lol:

• Like Like x 2
  7. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings:
    +288

Far be it from me to question the football intelligence of B4L so he MUST be right :yes: Jim Johnson for HC!! :lol:

8. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Yeah, good luck with that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings:
    +288

I want to see if we can string a couple of defensive efforts like this one together before we put away the Teddy SUCKS chant :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rule12b

Ratings:
    +116
    Defensive efforts like we put up on the Ravens would fall flat against a team with a decent, much less good offense. It's a shame people think we "brought the heat" when in reality, we pressured a lackluster offense very marginally at best. Worse, even against a really poor offense, we gave up more 3rd and forevers.

I'll take the win, but a good offense will expose our D. By the way, the sacks we got, came on blitzes with at least 5 people or more coming. Its about the first time we've seen that all season. Finally.

11. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    The only this Rule12b is that you can't blitz all the time or eventually you will get burned. The Ravens tried to blitz a lot but Rivers had good o-line protection and found the wide open guys. As for us blitzing, I loved how Wade would disguise the blitz and you didn't know who was coming. Is it a LB, a Safety or someone else and which one? Philly did a good job with that yesterday and we have the personnel to do that as well. It's not just sending the house all the time but to disguise it as well. Teddy does an o.k. job doing that but not nearly as good as Wade did last year. I miss Wade. But the boys played well yesterday and I'll take that W any day.

12. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Our defense was exposed...in week 2 by the Patriots. We won yesterday and I won't trash our defensive performance, but we didn't have anywhere near the day Philadelphia did. Our defensive effort against the Ravens would not have shut down the Patriots or come anywhere near doing so.

13. Rule12b

Ratings:
    +116

I agree. However, disguising a blitz in 3rd and long might be preferale to giving a QB as poor as Boller all day long in the pocket to make a throw. Seriously, there is not denying the unimaginative and unaggressive nature of TC's schemes.

14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Teddy, IMO, doesn't know how to utilize an attacking defense, which used to be our strength & identity under Wade. Now, I must admit that I wasn't high on Wade as our HC, but I sure would have kept him as DC if possible. Too late, that ship has sailed.

Norv will probably stay on after this year, but Ted has GOT to go. He's turning a very good defense into a mediocre one. So let's forget the friendship with AJ & show his a$$ the door at year end.

Think Rivera or Rex Ryan would be satisfied to remain a DC?

15. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I sold a few things :yes: Inflation was nice to me.