1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Hochuli at it again....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LT-Express, Oct 6, 2008.

1. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Kinda funny now, cause everytime Hochuli makes a call he explains it for 2 minutes so that everyone doesnt think he screwed the pooch....:icon_rofl:

2. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    I feel sorry for the guy man. He made one mistake and now every call made is suspect. His one mistake doesn't erase the years of good officiating he's done. I mean, it hurts BAD that he made his big faux pas against our team, but he's been calling a good game tonight I think.

3. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    The guy is a good official -- one of the best in the business -- and he made a mistake, albeit an egregious one that directly affected the outcome of a game and just happened to go against us. He obviously took it really hard (as did we). It wasn't as if he was out to hose us intentionally, at least there's no evidence to support such a claim.

Looking at the big picture. even that one call should not keep us out of the playoffs if we're any good (Take a hint from that last sentence Norv, Ted and all of the players who were celebrating pedestrian plays yesterday).

4. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    He has made at least 3 or 4 bad calls this year .. while it doesn't erase what he has done in the past, he may be past his prime. And with 2 minute explanations of mess ups really doesn't make it any better.

5. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    He threw another game tonight. How many more until he gets the hook?

6. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    Well....if he was listening to the biased announcers, he would have given the game to the Saints. I finally had to mute them, just like yesterday I did the same and turned the radio on to hear the Chargers announcers. It was weird, though. The radio was at least 2-4 seconds ahead of the TV. LOL, at least I knew what to watch for.

7. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    On the front page of the Saints website today,

[​IMG]

No story, just the photograph. Your move Goodell.

:icon_rofl:

8. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    **** him :tdown:

9. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    The Dolphins probably had to shower an extra few minutes to get all of Steve Tasker's slobber off of their nutsacks.

10. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    Facemask calls are missed almost every game. I saw at least 3 or 4 holding calls against Jammer alone in our game that weren't called, yet the official for our game isn't blasted for it. I don't even remember who it was to tell you the truth.

11. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434

:icon_rofl: :fan:

12. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    The announcers (who were IMHO very biased against the Vikes) said it wasn't the kind of face mask that's usually called, so it was ok that time.

13. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    Sorry, don't recognize the name Steve Tasker.

14. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Former special teams guy for the Bills, current TV announcer who must moonlight as a PR guy for the Dolphins with all the love he was giving them from the booth.