1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Hochuli is at it again

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SDRaiderH8er, Sep 28, 2008.

1. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP)—Referee Ed Hochuli was at the center of another questionable call Sunday, flagging Julius Peppers for a roughing-the-passer penalty that wiped out Carolina’s interception return for a touchdown in the first quarter against Atlanta.

After Matt Ryan’s pass was intercepted by Richard Marshall, Hochuli threw a flag and announced Peppers made a helmet-to-helmet hit on Ryan. It erased the touchdown and gave the Falcons a first down on a drive that ended with a punt.

Replays showed Peppers made contact as Ryan released the ball, and appeared to hit him first with his shoulder.

Fans booed loudly when the play was shown on the video boards at Bank of America Stadium.

2. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Makes ya wonder what the dude is smoking....whatever it is, I don't want any.

Maybe he just needs new glasses?

3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    I saw that play. Definitely a "quick whistle" there. Good thing Atlanta really couldn't execute.

4. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Hochuli has definitely lost a step (mentally)...cut him!!!

5. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    There is a pattern developing here. If it keeps up, he's going to be seriously downgraded. I see nothing to change my mind about there being an integrity issue involved.

6. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Maybe its dain bramage?