1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

HOF Class of 2010 finalists trimmed - NO Don Coryell

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Feb 6, 2010.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    NEWS
    Class of 2010 finalists trimmed to seven
    Posted: February 6th, 2010 | Frank Tadych | Tags: Emmitt Smith, Hall of Fame class of 2010, Jerry Rice, John Randle, Pro Football Hall of Fame, Rickey Jackson, Russ Grimm

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — Russ Grimm, Rickey Jackson, John Randle, Jerry Rice, and Emmitt Smith are the five finalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2010. They are joined by seniors committee finalists Dick LeBeau and Floyd Little. A final, secret ballot is taken that will determine how many of those seven are elected. The class will have a minimum of four.

The NFL Network will have live coverage of the announcement at 5 p.m. ET and NFL.com will stream the announcement beginning at 5:30 p.m.

The final list was paired down from a group of 15 modern-era nominees by the 44-member Hall of Fame selection committee that met this morning at the Super Bowl XLIV media center. Each finalist had to receive a minimum positive vote of 80 percent to be elected.

Rice and Smith, widely considered almost automatic entrants, were both eligible for the first time. Rice, who holds every major receiving record, was chosen first-team All-Pro 10 times, and was a 13-time Pro Bowler during 20 NFL seasons. Smith was a four-time first-team All-Pro and voted to eight Pro Bowls during a 13-year career that he finished as the NFL’s all-time leading rusher.

Dick LeBeau and Floyd Little were this year’s senior candidate finalists, selected by the Hall’s seniors committee in August 2009.

– Frank Tadych

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/02/06/class-of-2010-finalists-trimmed-to-seven/

2. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    This is straight crap again. :tdown: Don Coryell deserves to be in the HOF.

3. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Total BS. :tdown:

4. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    How can you not elect a man who CHANGED THE GAME on both sides of the ball, who walked into two teams and within a year made them winners, who developed HoF coaches and HoF players under his leadership and guidance...

So beyond bullshit... it's a god damn joke is what it is and now Don Coryell will make it but posthumously... a bunch of stupid *******s on that crock of a committee :pissed: :(

5. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    We need a list of all of the HOF voters and bomb them with emails! :yes:

6. Boltsessive

Boltsessive Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3
  7. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Dick LeBeau?

He was initially drafted in the fifth round in 1959 by the Cleveland Browns but was cut from their team, and was signed as a rookie free agent by the Detroit Lions. He spent his entire 14 year NFL career with them as a defensive back, teamed during the early part of that run with Dick "Night Train" Lane and Yale Lary, and later with Lem Barney. He was a Pro Bowl selection in 1965 through 1967. Even though he was never a First-team All-Pro he was considered a pretty good player by making Second-team All-Pro a couple of times. He was a leading interceptor, with 62 career interceptions for 762 return yards and 3 touchdowns, and holds the NFL record for consecutive game appearances for a cornerback with 171. He also recovered 9 fumbles, returning them for 53 yards and a touchdown. Johnny Unitas always had respect for him, stating, "Dick is a good corner, I am just glad Night Train Lane is gone, because there was a great corner, Night Train was the best".

On 2009, LeBeau was named by the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s seniors committee as finalists for election into the Hall of Fame with the Class of 2010 along with running back Floyd Little[5].

ARE YOU FUGGING KIDDING ME!!!

:tdown::tdown::tdown:

8. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    I'm bummed. I was hoping this was Don's year... he ain't getting any younger!

9. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    you know it's bull%hit when a Detroit Lion gets elected to the HOF... it must be rigged. We all know he's only there because of what he's done as an assistant coach.If he's not coaching the Steelers then no one knows his name.

10. cool arrow

cool arrow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    How does "pretty good" get in??? I should be in the HOF cause I'm "pretty good".......for nothing. This is so much a kick in the nuts.

11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    this is criminal bullshit

at this rate it'll be 20 years before he gets chosen, and LeBeau will probably be a first ballot, probably because he was a bleeping steeler and Coryell's just a Charger.

Goddamned horsecrap

12. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    LeBeau is already in, as of this afternoon... can he go in as a coach after he's gone in as a player??

I mean, he really got in b/c of his coaching anyway which just adds insult to injury. It's ****ing crap, absolute craaaaaap!

Don is really sick right now too, he's been in the hospital for some time and I heard last week he's also had a tracheotomy... I would have been surprised if he'd been with us for the 2010 inauguration let alone 2011. Trotter is right (never thought i'd say that) they need a category for coaches/contributors like they have for senior players.

13. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Dick Lebeau Seriously :S. He was a ****ing assistant coach in Pittsburgh

****ing BS

14. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    and an average DB

:tdown: