1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Home Opener - Taco Cart & More!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pointyearedog, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,737
    Originally posted at the other site:

Home Opener! Taco Cart!!!

It's that time again, and we hope that people take advantage of the PayPal system to make this thing happen. Sunday September 19th will be our home opener and the famous Taco Cart will be serving up the most delicious tacos this side of Tijuana. Last year, we had approximately 100 people that showed up. If you are interested in attending and enjoying a local tradition, we welcome members from all groups, cost is $8.00 per person and includes all you can eat beef or chicken tacos, home-made sauces and salsas, cooked beans, quesadillas and mulitas. We would like for everyone to utilize the PayPal system to make your payment. Send all payments to Nileboltfan, (from the Bolt Bunker site) who will handle the transaction. I also have the ability to accept PayPal payments if needed. We will try to have a DJ if it's possible, and maybe even some fun activities for the kids. If we can get some interest, we would also like to do the annual Meet & Greet at the Triple Crown Pub on Friday September 17th, or possibly on Saturday the 18th for the out of towners coming to the game. Let us know if you plan to attend. The cut-off date for PayPal payments will be Tuesday September 14th. It is also possible to pay cash in advance at the preseason game or you can contact me if you want to make your payment in person. If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a PM or call me if you have my number. Go Bolts!!!

Thanks,

Pointy :icon_twisted:

2. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,737
    Hello all;

I have only heard from a couple of you, the big Home Opener Tailgate Party needs your help. Please go onto the Bolt Bunker.com site and get those PayPal payments in early for the Taco Cart. Great food at a bargain price for all-you-can-eat Tijuana style street tacos and quesadillas. If you have any questions, please contact me via PM here or on the Bunker site.

Thanks,

3. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,737
    I just ordered a pinata for the kids (???) to bash at the party... Just an update.

Thanks,

4. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,737
    Another update, the pinata has been ordered, (and hopefully will not be detained by Homeland Security) and there will be a DJ to spin the wheels of steel. Here is a list of folks that have paid so far:

HBM
    PimpJack +2
    Charged4Life +1
    SDRaiderH8er +3

joesniper +3*
    boltfanatik*
    LABoltFan*
    Nileboltfan*
    Pointy*

* Paid via PayPal

Thanks,

Pointy :icon_toast:

5. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    the Taco Cart is great, its all you can eat, and the best thing is that no one has to cook!

6. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Please everyone who is going to be at the HO Tailgater at M4 needs to get the money by the end of the week so we can get this into Epic Mode. WOO HOO!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,737
    Thanks Turbo Turtle, just a reminder to all if you don't have PayPal that you can also send me a money order, contact me via PM for details. The deadline for sending in money is September 14th, so please don't delay.

Thanks,

Pointy

8. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    We'll reminder everyone during this weeks podcast.

9. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    come on now, lets get this party started!!!!!!!!!

10. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,737
    Just an update, please get those payments going, only two weeks left and the cut-off date for sending a PayPal payment is the 14th of Sept. Here is the list of those who have paid:

HBM
    PimpJack +2
    Charged4Life +1
    SDRaiderH8R +3
    turbo turtle

iblanco +3 (pending)

joesniper +3*
    boltfanatik*
    LABoltFan*
    Nileboltfan*
    Pointy*
    Boltzzz*
    Eat My Boltage*
    Boltage Bimbo*

* Paid via PayPal

Thanks,

Pointy

11. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,737
    Just a reminder, the last day to arrange a PayPal payment is the 14th of September, that's next Tuesday. If you want to make plans to meet me in person to make a payment or send a money order, please PM me. Also, if anyone is interested in a casual Meet & Greet at The Triple Crown Pub on Saturday the 18th to get primed, let me know. The Triple Crown is on 3221 Adams Avenue in Normal Heights (Where it's anything but...) near the corner of 32nd and Adams. The owner is a buddy of mine and a frequent visitor to our tailgates and has been hosting all of our Meet & Greets from years past. So far, a few of the guys on the Bolt Bunker have responded to meeting at the Pub for a couple of brews.

Thanks,

Pointy :bolt:

12. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,737
    Newly updated list:

This is the latest information that we have on those who have paid. Remember, you can also send a money order, check, or meet me in person if you are in the San Diego area to make a payment. Just send me a PM for more details. I hope to hear from more of you sooner than later.

HBM
    PimpJack +2
    Charged4Life +1
    SDRaiderH8R +3
    Turbo Turtle
    Bolt Soldier +7

joesniper +6*
    boltfanatik*
    LABoltFan +2*
    Nileboltfan*
    Pointy*
    Boltzzz*
    Eat My Boltage*
    Boltage Bimbo*
    iblanco +3*
    DesertBoltFan +3*
    * Paid via PayPal

Let's keep those funds coming in! I need to get the numbers verified so I can advise the caterer that we will need more product for the taco cart. I still have not heard from a few of you, like NY Mike, Coach Craig, Static, Charger Chick, Anteater, Drunk, Sarah & David, HD, any of the Las Vegas contigent, some of the people over at Bolt Talk, etc. What about our Northern neighbors from Canada?

Thanks,

Pointy

• Like Like x 1
  13. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Come on guys is there anyone else going to the HO to Tailgate?

Please get your $$$$$ just PM Pointy for the options of payment.

14. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,737
    This is the latest update:

HBM
    PimpJack +2
    Charged4Life +1
    SDRaiderH8R +3
    Turbo Turtle
    Bolt Soldier +7

joesniper +6*
    boltfanatik*
    LABoltFan +2*
    Nileboltfan*
    Pointy*
    Boltzzz*
    Eat My Boltage*
    Boltage Bimbo*
    iblanco +3*
    DesertBoltFan +3*
    * Paid via PayPal

The deadline for PayPal payments is past, now it's time this week to arrange a meeting for payments that need to be made. If you plan on being at the tailgate, please post it here and contact me for available payment options. We need to have about 50 persons total to make this work for our catering crew, and we are still just a few people short.

Thanks,

Pointy

15. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Add Rexy plus one to the list.

16. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    It will be great to see all you great friends again.

17. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,737
    As an added treat, there will be adult candy in the pinata, like miniature liquor bottles, compliments of one of our military members flying in from Alaska for the game. Also, bring a couple of bucks and be sure to tip the catering crew. Oh, and someone wants to bring a bag of candy, that would be fun too.

Thanks,

Pointy

18. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,737
    Here is the most recent list:

HBM
    PimpJack +2
    Charged4Life +1
    SDRaiderH8R +3
    Turbo Turtle
    Bolt Soldier +7

joesniper +6*
    boltfanatik*
    LABoltFan +2*
    Nileboltfan*
    Pointy*
    Boltzzz*
    Eat My Boltage*
    Boltage Bimbo*
    iblanco +3*
    DesertBoltFan +3*
    * Paid via PayPal

Bolt Soldier +3 Paid
    Coach Craig +3 Paid
    Rexy 2006 +1 Paid

There is still a chance to get in on the taco cart, you can arrange to make payments at the Meet & Greet tomorrow night.

Thanks,

Pointy

19. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,737
    Guys & Gals;

I just want to thank everyone who contributed to making this tailgate a success. The taco people worked till the very last tacos were downed, the DJ was spinning the tunes, the folks who helped with the pinata, and the general debauchery that ensued. Lots of great Chargers fans getting together and having a grand ole time! The victory was great too! I just want to send my personal thanks to all of you. To the ones who came across the country to be there with us, and to all fantastic Bolts fans, I salute you!

Thank You!

Pointy :bolt: