1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Home Opener Tailgate Party!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pointyearedog, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,124
    As is our tradition over at M4, our home opener tailgate is usually one of the craziest, yet fun outings that we host during the season. We would welcome any ideas for a food theme, and one of the main things that has been discussed would be how we will work out the donations and such. With Ivan (Eat My Boltage) and Sally (Boltage Bimbo) running the grill, we expect a lot of folks to respond and attend this year's event.
    What we would like to do, of course, is have some kind of payment plan like we have had in the past, where you pay anywhere from 5-10 dollars per person, you get a wristband and it's a buffet done M4 style!
    What we need from everyone that plans to attend is a head count, and / or if you would like to bring an additional dish that coincides with the theme. This helps us in planning how much meat, side dishes, etc. we may have to bring. The cost will be determined by the number of people that plan on attending. Since we are having the team from TN playing the Bolts, it may be some kind of BBQ.
    Along with the food, there are usually some kind of entertainment things such as a DJ, or a game like beer pong, possibly a poker game too. And we know that Ivan will most likely bring his famous Irish car bombs, and Charger Chick may bring those Jell-O shots. We will also need a couple of things such as folding tables and maybe an extra chair for some of our guests that may arrive by trolley.
    We will also bring a sign up sheet for those who want to donate to the bathroom fund for the season. It's 20 dollars for the season, and if you are just coming to a single game it's 5 dollars. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me either on this thread or a PM.
    So, if you have any ideas for the food or entertainment, we will gladly welcome it at this time. Remember, it's only 3-4 weeks away, so please do not delay in getting back to us with the necessary information. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Go Bolts!

Pointy (Party Planning Committee) :helm1:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,124
    Anyone thinking that they might go?

3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Sure wish I could be there. :(

4. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    M4?!?

Damn, I was under the impression it was MS13.

Well, that's gonna really alter the theme ideas I was coming up with...

(I think I'll still keep my tat appointment, though...)

5. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,124
    That's more like it...

6. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182
    pointy loco ill be there + 5

make sure you guys have the beer pong set up. you need anything let me know. ill bring some sides and donations.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,124
    Thanks Luis, looking forward to it!

8. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Is McLovin gonna be there?

9. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +208
    Angela and I will be there! If you want us to make/get a side dish, let me know. I'll also have some newly fabricated cornhole boards to bring for some festivities!

10. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,124
    ^^^ As it gets closer, we will see how many we have and we will need to bring. I appreciate all of the support you have shown so far.

11. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,124
    I just got a message from my buddy Rich, no pun intended, (one of the owners of the Triple Crown Pub) and he will be in attendance.

12. mando-charger

mando-charger BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    hey pointyeardog, im new to the community here, it sounds like you guys have a really good time planned. i was wondering what the specifics where on your guys tailgate party, time, specific place in the stadium lot and if it was open to any chargers fans here to participate?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,124
    Welcome to the boards, man! The specifics are pretty much laid out beginning with this thread. We have our spot in parking lot M4, directly underneath the trolley bridge about 75 feet or so from the M4 sign. We welcome any Chargers fans, even if you don't necessarily belong to a Chargers fan site, and you are welcome to the tailgate grub and use of our private restroom facility for a nominal fee. If all goes according to plan, we will be asking from anywhere in the 5-10 dollar range per person for the food. Bathroom rental, 5 bucks for Game Day, or 20 bucks and you are good for the entire season. (We call it the honor roll-no pun intended) Come on by, introduce yourself, and you are welcome to bring family and friends. If you bring opposing team fans, we cannot be responsible for the chiding that may ensue. (But at our tailgate, our motto is: We don't hate, we tailgate!) if you have any other questions, feel free to send me a private message or ask here by posting a message.

Pointy

P.S. If you have any ideas for the theme of our home opener, or if you bring your own beverage, you are welcome to do that. Just be forewarned that members of our group are known to share Irish car bombs and Jell-O shots with other folks at our functions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,124
    Okay, here is another idea. If anyone wants to bring an item for a mini auction, feel free to bring it. I am thinking of auctioning off a bottle of the Chargers special wine, so all of you winos that want this item better bring your lunch money...

15. Nileboltfan

Nileboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    I'll be there. We'll see what's needed as we're getting closer to the event before I decide what I want to bring. Pointy - I think my chair and table are still in your custody from last season, right? Because I don't remember seeing them since then.

16. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,124
    ^^^ Thanks for the response, and yes the chair and table are with the other tailgating supplies.

17. Eat My Boltage

Eat My Boltage Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +41
    Finally!, gonna fire up the DCM BBQ awesome! The Titans eh? So do we want to do Tri Tip or carne the wife and I are kicking around the idea of pulled pork with her home made sauce. give us some feed back it"s getting close to game day.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    CARNE!!!!!!!!!

19. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,124
    Carne is typically what we have, so I would like to suggest the tri-tip. It's still a big grill, and maybe now we can think of some other side dishes to go along with this.

20. boltfanatik

Ratings:
    +112
    Crap wish I could make this one:mad:

21. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,124
    Dennis, you know you could make it to the tailgate, even if you don't go into the game...

22. Eat My Boltage

Eat My Boltage Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +41
    We can do Tri Tip no problem, if that's the general consensus. Oh, Thanks pointy for getting the ball rolling on this.

23. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,124
    ^^^Now we need to get working on the bathroom funds, and hearing from some of the others that will be showing up. It's time to stand up and be counted, people. If you plan on attending, please let us know so that we can order the proper amounts of food and such. Also, if you have PayPal and would like to donate to the bathroom fund, send me a PM and we can make the arrangements for payment.

Thanks,

Pointy

24. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Hey Boltage, Pointy, RaiderHAter, and everyone else. Mad props to y'all for kickin down the best tallgater ateach and every home game. Hope to make it to a game and one of the awesome bolttalk tailgaters if they ever let me out of this sanitarium. Hope it happens soon.

Yesterday I spent my time tryng to figure out how many times a marble will bounce when dropped on the floor. I tried this as an experiement and repeatedly dropped the marble. Each time I counted the number of times the marble bounced. I ran this experiment 792 times yesterday.

CONCLUSSION: Marbles don't bounce on padded floors!

I miss bolttalk carne asada tacos.

25. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,124
    ^^^ Thumper;

Maybe they will let you out for normal behavior, just don't end up like this guy:

Ace-Ventura-Pet-Detective.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  26. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    They put padded floors in prison now?!?!? :confused:

The most I ever got was a squeegee. :eek:

27. hypermikem

hypermikem BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Hey there guys. It's that time again. I will be showing up Plus 3 1/4. My little one is only 6 months but I'm grooming her early. I will be contributing of course, so tell me what you need from me. I will be bringing a bottle of Casa De Fruta special Pomegranate wine for the mini auction. Can't wait to get down there and chill once again.

• Like Like x 1
  28. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    I am going to miss those parties!

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. mando-charger

mando-charger BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    Sounds like a really good time. We usually do a big breakfast on the way down, so we will probably skip the food, but definitely like to walk over say hello and hang out for a bit if thats alright as well?

• Like Like x 1
  30. boltfanatik

Ratings:
    +112
    Damn Vic it's a 210 mile round tip for me , I'd do it in a heartbeat if I can find a DD Those gaters are the bomb!

• Agree Agree x 1