1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Home Opener Weekend-Big Fun!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pointyearedog, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,844
    I realize that is posted simultaneously at one of our other websites, but here goes:

Bolt Home Opener Weekend-Big Fun!

As is tradition, we will be having the annual Meet & Greet/Home Opener Weekend with Taco Cart Extravaganza for all Bolt fans coming from out of town, locals, members of any of the Bolts websites and their guests, or just fans of the Chargers. Those of you who have been to the last couple of home openers can probably vouch for festivities. The event will be held in the usual spot, M-4 parking lot under the trolley bridge. For the home opener on the 20th of September, I will need the following info:

1. I need to know how many of you will be attending the game, to get a head count. This is for the Taco Cart.

2. If you are going to the Meet & Greet at the Triple Crown Pub on the 18th, (Friday night) let me know if you are attending.

3. I also need to get the money at least two weeks in advance or at the Meet & Greet if it is more convenient before the home opener so that I can pay the caterer for this function. If you wish to pay via PayPal, I can PM you the information to do this. I will also be accepting cash payments at the next home game against the Neeners. If you wish to send a check, contact me via PM and I will give you the pertinent info. I want to try and avoid payments on the day of the event, because then I am juggling between beers and payments, not a pretty picture.

Please do not add any unnecessary comments to this thread, just let me know if you are attending both functions, and how many you are bringing. The cost is 8 bucks per person if we can get 50 people to pay for the cart.

If (suggestions only) you want to do something on Saturday the 19th, we will try to organize either a beer-tasting tour (cost around 60-70 bucks) or a half-day (3/4 day?) fishing trip.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.

Bring on the crows!!! GO BOLTS!!!

Thanks,

Pointy :icon_twisted::football::icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +5,059
    NICE! Pointy always does it up right!

3. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,199
    Myself and Rexy will be attending this one, I will have the money for you when we hook up for the 49er game

4. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,844
    Thanks SD, I will jot that down in the big notebook. Is anyone else from BT interested in our Taco Cart Extravaganza? I am trying to get the numbers to our caterer, so I really need to know if you are attending, and if I can count you in to contribute for the food.

Thanks,

Pointy :tup:

5. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    1. ) I will most definitely will be there. It will be just myself. Please add +1 for the Taco Cart. :tup:

2. ) On this, it will be a no. Work is getting in the way of it sorry.

3, ) I will give you my money for the Taco Cart this Friday at the Preseason 9ers game and I will add some more for others who will not be able to get in their money on time to help out in some ways. :icon_toast: :icon_party:

I thank you very much for the invite and hopefully we will have a lot more as the season goes on.

!!!!! GO CHARGERS GO!!!!!

6. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,844
    Just a small update in case you are keeping count. 47 persons have paid for the Taco Cart. 2 or 3 others from BT have stated that they are interested, but have not contacted me about payment yet. If you are still considering it, please contact me as soon as possible, the head count is very important for an event of this magnitude, especially since I am trying to get information from several other websites. I think we are going to need a lot of name tags for this one...

Thanks,

Pointy :icon_twisted:

7. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,844
    We are still getting some payments in through PayPal, but remember that most of you really owe turbo turtle since he paid for most of the members from this site. We have over 50 persons on the books that have paid or are in the process of paying.

Thanks,

Pointy :icon_toast:

8. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,199
    sounds like another great party in the making!!!!!!

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Carpe Diem et omni Mundio Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +3,016
    I'll be there with a guest too