1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Homecoming King

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Nomadic Bolt Fan, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Show some love for my adopted son! :icon_banana: :bolt: :icon_banana:

Saturday, Nov 18, 2006
    By Casey Pearce, Chargers.com
    Linebacker Marques Harris remembers it well. As a rookie who made the Chargers as an undrafted free agent, he stood on the sideline as he watched his team battle the one he grew up cheering for.

Nearly 14 months later, he and the Bolts return to his home area, this time with Harris playing a prominent role on a team looking to claim first place in the AFC West.

“This one’s huge for our team because of the implications, having first place on the line,” Harris said. “Then there’s a little extra meaning for me since I grew up in the area and will have a lot of family there. We all feel like we need to do something extra and make a play this week, and I can’t think of a better place for me to do that.”

On a team that seemingly gets a big play from a different guy each week, Harris has made his presence felt. He didn’t get a lot of snaps early in the year, but when Shaun Phillips went down in Week 7, Harris stepped in. He recorded a sack and forced a fumble that allowed the Chargers to tie the contest in the fourth quarter.

Two weeks later, his fumble recovery for a touchdown sparked the Bolts’ win over Cleveland. Last week, he teamed with Philips to drop Chris Perry for a three-yard loss on a key third-down play. Instead of Cincinnati driving for a go-ahead score, they settled for a field goal that left the game at 42-41.

Click here for full article.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Nice article! Harris is a good one.

3. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    The Harris/Robinson duo are filling in nicely for Castillo while he's out.