1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Hope you guys weather the fires!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by titanfan24, Oct 22, 2007.

1. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    Just wanted to make sure that all of you guys were ok and hopefully not too affected by the fires up in Northern SD County. I heard a report that you all had to cancel practice and that LT's home was located in one of the danger areas, so prayers to he and his wife as well.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Thanks TF. We all hope that the wind dies down FAST so that our firefighters can start to containing the damn fires.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Hopefully they can..and hopefully the fires don't spread to SC:yes:

• Like Like x 1
  4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    don't forget some humidity
    Hey chris, send us some British rainstorms!

5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I Hope all of you are fine and safe. I called my brother in RB this morning and he said all was ok at that time. I've been through many of these events and they're never good but I do hope the best for all of San Diego County.:bolt:

6. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Same here. Hope all of you folks out there weather this storm. I've been involved in some nasty fires and I know how nasty they can get. Here is hoping everyone comes out OK.:yes:

7. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    My brother was evaced this morning after I spoke with him. He went to a friends house in SR and when I called his cell about 30 mins ago, the police cruised up and tole them they had to evac yet once again.

I wish nothing but the best for all of you that are dealing with this crap.

8. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Thanks and i wish nothing but the best for all.

9. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Thanks TF and the rest of you. Stay safe everybody in SD and in the OC that are in the danger zones. Down here in East Chula Vista we had voluntary evacs for Rolling Hills Ranch and Eastlake Woods areas. Those areas are somewhat close to me in Sunbow (next to Otay Ranch) but those areas are in the outskirts near the open land and there are a lot of weeds and houses that are just being framed so I can see a fire happening in those places. Jamul is somewhat close to us here in the Southeast and there was a mandatory evac for those areas. My sister in law & their family who live in the San Marcos area in San Elijo Hills had a mandatory evac last night and they came here at like 4AM this morning. It's crazy man. This could be the worst fire ever. Stay safe and don't go out unless you have to. If you do, where a mask or put a wet towel over your nose.

10. SDC-IL

SDC-IL BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Here's hoping everyone in SD County survive this disaster.

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Everybody post in here just to let us know you're OK.

12. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886

This fire is just horrible, I've been through them and again i hope nothing but the best for all involved.

13. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    [​IMG]

I am praying for all of you, I miss you guys I really hope that maybe I can make it out there again this year if not maybe next year!

14. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    Hows everyone doing ,hope all is well you guys are my west coast familia ,i hope things getback to normal soon and the firemen can contain this thing ,god bless myself ,family and many around the nation are praying for it to be over soon,mr.&mrs.megold0715

15. msmith

msmith BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    May God give comfort and peace for those who suffer, and keep all of you from harm.

16. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Amen, HE will

17. oldschool1

oldschool1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    Hey everybody,

We were given permission to return to our homes in Scripps Ranch. This is the 2nd time we had to evacuate. The first time was with the Cedar Fires of '03. We stayed at a family friends house in Rancho San Diego and watched Mt. Miguel turn into a volcano. We were blessed again as our house was spared a second time.

Our prayers and thoughts go out to you all and to anyone who's been drastically affected by the fires.

I wish CalFire and the U.S. Military got their **** together so we'd have faster air response. So many homes could've been saved if it weren't for the red tape.

Here's a link to the Firemap, powered by Google. It contains all info and status of current fires.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/firemap/

Peace.

Oldie Out