1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Hotels close to Qualcomm for my trip???

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Chargers-Superhero, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    I was wondering what decent hotels were close to the stadium for my planned trip this year to the Bolts game. I was looking to possibly get a hotel within either walking distance, or within a mile or so.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    • Like Like x 2
  3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Theres many to choose from. If you want something close to the stadium, look up "Hotel Circle" or "Mission Valley."

Old Town is cool. It's right by the Trolley and is about a 10 minute trolley ride to the stadium.
    You can also get trolley access from Fashion Valley, Downtown, and La Mesa.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Hotel Circle.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I'd say to go with a hotel in Old Town for this reason only... sometimes the trolly stops closer to the Q can get tricky b/c the cars fill up at the earlier stops (like Old Town, which is also a Coaster stop) and by the time they get to like Hazard Center they can be full.

Obviously the earlier you plan on arriving to the stadium the less likely you will have trouble hopping on a trolly but just a FYI hehe - I missed the entire 1st qtr of the Jets game last season and missed the opening of the Denver game because of that :( it was super lame sitting at the Hazard Center stop for almost an hour before they got wise and sent an empty car for us.

6. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    • Like Like x 1
  7. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
  8. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,582
    You coming out for any games this year? If so, I'll have a ticket to sell.

Only game that's already taken is the Raider game. I give that one away to a friend of mine every year.

9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    MORE THAN 2 hrs to gametime = no sweat
    LESS THAN 2 hrs to gametime = enjoy your packed trolley

I've been taking the trolley to the games for the past 5 years and this rule never seems to fail.

Also, keep in mind, heading west after the game, expect a massive line (that's why I park east of the stadium).

10. Michael from Germany

Michael from Germany BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    We stayed in the already mentioned Doubletree last year for the Donkeys Game. It was nice, but not a really quiet place. You could always hear the Sound of the Highway.

Everything else was great, so it's not a bad place to stay.

11. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Welcome to the forum! :icon_banana:

12. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    Yeah I'm coming out to a game. That's really the only reason I'm coming out there. I was planning on staying a full week and checking out the city, but vacation days were eliminated at my job this year, so I can just come out for a game.

I don't know which game as of yet. I guess it will depend on price, and if it's a Sunday night primetime game, or maybe a monday night game. But yeah, I would be interested in a ticket. If I had my full vacation days this year, I could go to 2 games this season. (Damn economy, and my Damn boss) :icon_evil:

13. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Probably will...I'll have to see the schedule and see when it makes sense. I'll definitely clue you in :tup:

14. Boltzzz

Boltzzz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    I have stayed all over down there for games and my favorite places are Hotel Circle and Old Town. I usually get there shortly after gates open so the trolley being packed is not a problem for me, like ride the lightning says though if you wait too long the trolley gets packed. I like old town because you can walk right to the trolley from your hotel, Hotel Circle has lots of choices for rooms and I usually use priceline ot hotwire and get great deals. Good Luck :icon_toast:

15. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    I might be interested in any extra ticket you want to sell. Which game, and where in the stadium is the seat???

16. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Agree totally with the Doubletree in Mission Valley.Trolley pickup is downstairs and there's a Trophys Sportsbar, Quiznos, Applebys in walking distance. I should know since I attend a business meeting there twice a week!

17. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    HI i fly out there quite a bit alot of times if i just want a place to crash ill go to hotwire and book a room for like 60 bucks a night with tax just to sleep usually i dont stay in the rooms ,ita in hotel circle ,or for a lil more best western 7 seas in hotel circle but hotwire is the way to go in hotel circle take the trolley right to the Q 7 minutes ,

18. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Last year we stayed at the La Quinta Old Towne & loved it. Short walk to the trolley, lots of shopping & food, convenient to the highway, quiet, nice heated pool & hot tub, free breakfast, reasonably priced, free airport shuttle. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. :yes:

We stayed an extra week after the game & this hotel really met all of our needs.

19. StocktonBoltFan

StocktonBoltFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    the closest is the mission valley marriott, its walking distance to the stadium if you don't mind walking a mile or so.

20. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,582
    Forgot about that one!

21. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,582
    Check your PM.