1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

How 'bout them Cowboys!

Discussion in 'Latest Chargers News & Headlines' started by robdog, Sep 6, 2005.

1. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    <blockquote>Source: Chargers.com

It was the "where's the beef" of the mid-90s... a catch-phrase that tripped off the tongue and annoyed the masses, pretty much simultaneously. However, the franchise that once proudly billed itself as "America's Team" has recently been drumming up all the excitement of a wet tennis ball. A drab 6-10 season last year was punctuated by the fact that it was tough to name many Cowboy stalwarts if one were given a 40-second play clock and a number two pencil. The days of "the triplets" are a faded memory. Emmitt Smith is retired, Michael Irvin is wearing $60,000 suits and Troy Aikman is heading to San Diego to announce this Sunday's game for Fox.

As a quick professional aside, this is the only time the Chargers will be on Fox all year, as the other 2005 NFC home game is the Sunday nighter against the Eli Mannings, which ESPN lucked into instead. Since Fox is my other little moonlighting effort besides the Texas Rangers, I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that it is, indeed, the network's "A Team" coming to town, meaning this is the best game on the national schedule. Note that last year, the two Charger games on Fox brought in the "G" and "H" teams (and I'm allowed to call 'em that because I've filled in on both those units!) It is a certain sign of the growing national respect the Chargers are gaining with the arrival of Aikman, Buck, and producer Richie Zyontz. If you see 'em at Dave and Buster's Friday or Saturday night, send 'em over a cold, refreshing beverage. Richie likes the kind with the little umbrellas in 'em.</blockquote>

<a href="http://www.chargers.com/news/headline_detail.cfm?news_key=2293" target="_blank"><strong>Article Link</strong></a>