1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

How bye-week rusts No 1 + 2 seed

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by cranberry, Jan 10, 2009.

1. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Since 1990 there are 18 years of bye-week in the playoffs for the first two seeds in AFC and NFC. The development shows that it gets harder for those teams to overcome those 14 days of rest and preparing. The wildcard-teams get hotter exspecially in the AFC. Here are the results:

90 - 95 AFC 9 WINS 3 LOSSES NFC 11 - 1

96 - 01 AFC 8 WINS 4 LOSSES NFC 11 - 1

02 - 07 AFC 7 WINS 5 LOSSES NFC 9 - 3

The losing teams are:

92 Pitts
    93 Houst
    95 KC
    95 SF

96 Denv
    97 KC
    99 Indy
    00 Tenn
    01 Chic

03 KC
    03 St. Lou
    05 Indy
    05 Chic
    06 SD :icon_sad:
    06 Baltimore
    07 Indy
    07 Dallas

get your kicks Chargers and Ravens
    See us at Qualcomm

2. SteelersDave

SteelersDave BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    This is the 7th time we have had a bye week since 1992, and as you can see, 1992 was the only year we lost in the divisional. Just something to think about in regards to the chart. ;)

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Damn, CB for being all the way over in Germany you sure keep up with you love of football. :tup: :icon_toast: :icon_party:

4. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    You should check out his pictures from the German American football league over there. His local team the 'Wild Boys' (love the name) won big last year:tup:

5. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Did he learn English just to chat with us about football???? damn dude is amazing.:bolt: :tup: :icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  6. IGOR RULES

IGOR RULES BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7

Cranberry is a hard-core Chargers fan. He was part of our trip to London earlier this season with some other Eurobolts.

If it is an omen to play in London to earn the right to play the SB (and to win it), then the Giants last year paved us the way to Tampa.

7. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I remember all that, but the last time I checked, English is not the native tongue in Germany. :icon_shrug:

8. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Thanks for the preps.
    It all belongs to the Chargers and the Air-Coryell-Years and then to the Internet and that I found you, my bolttalk family for over two years now.
    My wife supports me. too. She is born in Gelsenkirchen, a town like Pittsburgh, her father was fan of the famous soccer team of "Schalke o4" , so she knows, what's a sportsfan is about.
    And I'm so pleased of my Philip River's led Bolts. The third consecutive time under the last 8 teams. We haven't had this since Dan Fouts. And a little more luck.......

9. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Thanks for the nice words. I really feel good being so much
    into football. And I got introduced with our European bolttalk
    friends in England and elsewhere.

But I didn't had such good marks in English in school. Just Bs and Cs. Because writing and grammar wasn't so big.
    But when I was young, it was cool to listen to English
    spoken music - I tried to translate and to understand the songs. At first Creedence Clearwater Revival, then Led Zeppelin, Santana (okay spanish-american) and Manassas (Steven Stills) and Neil Young.

Then I followed american football with AFN radio and had to unterstand everything very quickly to follow the game. That's all about it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Hands across the ocean!! Props to you, thanks for the info. I was wondering about that but didn't have the stats on my fingertips, so to speak.

11. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Well... seeing as how our Bolts basically took the first 12 weeks of the season off... they're well rested and showing no signs of rust! :lol:

12. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    What did I tell you ?

There's already 2 rusted team again this season
    hope Eagles and Chargers finish with upsets of their own.

13. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Eagles are through..... Bolts will follow