1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

How come we're not allowed to criticise Norv?

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Enough denial!

Norv defenders... I strongly suggest that you NOW kick him out of your bed! As usual, we were completely unprepared to start!!! STOP DENYING!!

ONLY reason we didn't get our asses hammered in week one is because the Raiders didn't have Jeff Garcia.

Week two... coaching was the WHOLE reason for the loss!

Week three... Had Dolphins scored on their first drive instead of fumbled in the endzone, I think we might have lost that game. We got a gift.

Week four... we played against a contending team and we got our asses kicked!

Slow starts are not just about the season but about every game. We are completely unable to do anything in the first half, so we have to dig ourselves out of the hole in the second half.

I understand that you wanted Marty gone at ALL cost... well you got it!!!
    And I don't want to hear the crap about winning playoff games! YOU DON'T GET RINGS FOR WINNING PLAYOFF GAMES!!! THAT'S NOT ENOUGH FOR THIS TEAM AND THIS ERA!!!

What has Norv done in his career?
    He sucked in Washington... He sucked in Oakland... WTF made you think he was the key to Super Bowl(s) here?

Fact and pure fact... AJ has too much power!
    Norv will never talk back to AJ because if he did, AJ will smack the s*it out of him!!! Not to mention, if Norv gets fired, he'll never ever see another job as HC (in the NFL) again!! DON'T DENY IT, NORV DEFENDERS!!! THAT JUST MAKES YOU A FLAT OUT LIAR!!!

We will never have a winning coach because of AJ. Cowher, Gruden, Billick, Holgrem, etc. won't come here because AJ won't let them do their job! AJ will argue with them, call them out, and make it known in the headlines.. just like he did with Marty.
    A COACH WITH A PROVEN PAST WON'T STAND FOR THAT S*IT AND SHOULDN'T!!!

Football fans all over the nation know about AJ calling LT out and mocking him. I have friends back East that are Steelers, Ravens, Eagles, and Redskins fans and they knew about this before they spoke to me. THAT SHOULDN'T HAPPEN!!!

AJ and Norv need to exit San Diego hand in hand. We got what we needed out of AJ and now he's more of a cancer.
    Norv defenders are not going to convince me that no other coaches could have got us those playoff wins. BECAUSE MOST OTHER CHARGERS FANS ALSO DISAGREE WITH YOU!!!

Best part of all of this is that when I go to games at the stadium and watch games at sports bars, those fans realize the damage caused by Norv and AJ. It's good to know that the majority of Chargers fans know better.

You disagree with me, that's OK... YOU'RE WRONG!! :bolt:

2. sdrocks

sdrocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Enough denial!

I'm a big AJ fan but I'll put our success this year on him as well. He gambled by not drafting a replacement for Jamal and he pretty muched ignored the beef in the drafts. I can see both him and Norv gone after this season if we finish with a losing record.

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Reality Check!!!

2002 - 2006... It was all Marty's fault (according to majority posters in here).

2007 - present... Now it's "we don't have the talent, LT's done, and anything but Norv's fault (according to majority posters in here).

Most of you were ready to throw LT under the bus in defense for AJ.
    LT has been the heart and soul of this team since 2001. Most players of his status would have asked to be traded after the 2003 season. Not only is he awesome but he's as unselfish as they come. He wants to do anything he can to help this team win a championship.
    The vast majority of you in here threw him under a bus at AJ's demand.. WOW!!! :icon_eek:

Like I said in the other post, "I'M JUST GLAD THAT THE MAJORITY OF POSTERS IN HERE REPRESENT A VERY SMALL MINORITY OF REAL CHARGERS FANS!!!"

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Enough denial!

Norv's lack of sack to go for a TD before halftime (a few games ago) iced it for me. That dude sucks balls. :tdown:

Spanos is to blame. He will not let A.J. bring the hardware to San Diego.

Why?

The Bolts want out. :yes:

Bringing the hardware here would complicate an exit to more fertille pastures.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Eat My Boltage

Eat My Boltage Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +41
    Enough denial!

I gave him a year and we have gotten worse each year since. I also told trumpet man basically the same thing you said about AJ Smith two years ago and he said I was nuts then but I don't think so. Norvacaine and AJ need to GO!:bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Enough denial!

Spanos will and has let AJ do whatever he wants. Why do you think Norv is our HC and Cottell was our DC?

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I see that there are two threads based on Norv's bad coaching (that I didn't post) that were moved to the "Smack Talk" area?

Any criticism of Norv always gets moved or closed. Why is that? Does Norv financially support this forum? Just curious.

8. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +491
    Enough denial!

if this continues for the entire season then yes, Norv must go, and AJ's power should be reduced when it comes to coaches

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632
    Enough denial!

I said it in my post on making changes

AJ made the push to bring Norv/Cottrell in and we're paying for it in spades. I have a very hard time believing honestly that Spanos looked at Norv alongside Singletary and Rex Ryan and thought Norv was the better choice. And this team has gotten progressively weaker, progressively more finesse and has steadily lost its discipline, desire and drive.

Spanos needs to find a proper head coach and then tell AJ to nut up and STFU or GTFO - AJ can't have any more say in any coaches - his job is to find players (a job he's done very poorly as of late). AJ better get his *** in gear or he'll find himself receiving a pink slip.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Enough denial!

BRAVO!!!
    :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Norv lovers and AJ worshipers... please study this!!! :bolt:

11. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Enough denial!

:abq1:Couldn't have said it better:abq2:

We need to start a real petition to fire norv turner. I haven't gone to a chargers game in a while. I wanna go and buy tickets and bring a petition board to petition him off the team. Who would help?

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Enough denial!

I think you'll get plenty of help from people at the game. Just don't rely on the hee haws in here. For some reason, Norv gets the kind of respect in here that Vince Lombardi gets in the Hall of Fame.

13. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    Enough denial!

can someone point me to the gleam?

seriously, these are professional athletes. they shouldn't need a coach to motivate them. if anything, it should be a team captain or someone. damn, i wish the rest of the team had half the heart that Philip Rivers does!!!!!!!

14. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Enough denial!

I wish that LT was half the back he used to be... I guess then he would be a quarter back though...?

15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Enough denial!

That's where you're wrong. The coach runs the show. The coach's personality reflects on the team. The players absorb it.

A great coach can make a bad team good or a good team great.
    A bad coach can drive a good or great team into the ground.

Some people in here adopted this theory that since Norv's hire, a coach is just a fan that gets paid millions to stand on the sideline.
    Yet from 2002-2006, those same posters felt it was Marty that was holing us back.
    I guess it all depends on what meds they're on as they speak!

16. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
  17. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    It could be that you keeping posting garbage threads.

18. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Enough denial!

I was kinda upset about marty ****ing up in the playoffs but come on.... Norv does the same thing only 100x worse. I was kinda on the fire marty bandwagon.... UNTIL THE MINUTE THEY SAID THEY HIRED NORV!!!

19. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    That doesn't make sense though? Norv likes garbage... especially calling garbage plays!

20. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Enough denial!

We were ALL upset about that playoff loss but I think firing Marty was premature ejaculation for these reasons...
    a.) 90% of the team had never been in the playoffs.
    b.) With McCardell out, we had NO wide receiving.
    c.) We were young and still developing.
    d.) MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL... LOOK AT A-C AND REALIZE THAT WE WENT AGAINST A TEAM THAT'S BEEN THERE AND WON IT MANY TIMES!!!

Marty was in his last year of his contract. They should have let him finish out his contract and then make a decision!

21. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Enough denial!

I wan't to start a petition and start getting signatures at chargers games!!! Who would help me?

22. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Enough denial!

Yep... ya gotta remember he blew it against the jets though 2 years before... that was why i think. Anyway, why would they fire him just to get NORV TURNER? Marty did lead them to best record in franchise history... that would have been like releasing LT after that record setting year and replacing him with Ricky Williams and then releasing rivers too and getting ryan leaf to come back!

23. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Please put on your Coke bottle glasses before you read, old man.

"I see that there are two threads based on Norv's bad coaching (that I didn't post) that were moved to the "Smack Talk" area?"

Does that help?

24. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851

I was talking about you creating 4 threads in 30 minutes. All of them complaints.

25. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    No. They are all making points that you (and other posters) will never admit to.

I don't know how Norv got such major props in this forum but I'm glad to know that you all represent a very small minority of real Chargers fans!!! :yes:

26. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    If norv was beating the steelers by 28 pts or we were 4-0 like Denver maybe it would be overkill but this needs to be brought up as long as he drags this team down the shitttter and into the cesspool.

27. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Hey nomorenorv.... sread these signatures around if you'd like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Wow those are amazing!!!!

THat's when you know its time to get rid of your coach. When people start joining forums because of how much he sucks!

BTW where can I buy some of that norv away?

29. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    "Uhhhhh, I guess we should use Burnett more" -Norv Truner 9/21/09

That was the stupid dimwit's answer when a fan asked him in a press conference why we didn't see Burnett much in the game against the Ravens.
    Then we saw Burnett next week against the Dolphins and it worked. IMAGINE THAT... A FAN DID HIS JOB FOR HIM!!!

Where was Burnett tonight? Too bad that fan didn't talk to Norv tonight, huh?

30. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    "Uhhhhh, I guess we should use Burnett more" -Norv Truner 9/21/09

Oh... yes, I meant Norv Turner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.