1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

How did you develope such a harcore man crush for Norv?

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Oct 6, 2008.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Seriously... I'd like to know.

He completely drove the Redskins into the dirt.
    Raiders... I'll give him that. I don't think anyone could have coached to them to winning.

But all we heard is how the playoff loss to the Patsies in 2006 was all Marty's fault. But if Norv were the coach... ALL you would see in here is "the Parker fumble, the McCree fumble, Rivers interception, defense not stopping the Patsies offense with seconds left, and anything else with the players."
    NORV'S NAME WOULD NOT EVEN BE MENTIONED!!! DON'T DENY IT!!!!

Now we see and undisiplined, uninspired, unemotional, and unprepared group of players (as opposed to a team) every Sunday and it's "DON'T YOU DARE LOOK TOWARDS NORV ABOUT THIS PROBLEM."
    And I'm talking about 99.9% of you!!! You'd rather rip on LT, Rivers, Gates, and any of our other players then ever look towards Norv.

Oh... then there's Ted. Not that I'm a Ted fan but I think the defense did it's job by holding the Dolphins Offense to 17 points.

Norv is suppose to be the "Offensive Guru!!!" That's why AJ hired him!!!
    He's got all the talent in the world to work with and could only get a whopping 10 points?!!!
    When does the "Offensive Guru" get called out? If we get shut out?
    Even then, I think you all would hate on the players and give Norv more man love!!!

Oh... Norv gets paid well too. So don't even go there about how much the players make!!! Since most of you keep calling on the players... WTF are we paying Norv to do?!!!

Seriously... please fill me in. :icon_shrug:

2. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279
    am i included in that .1%? i havent put the blame on any ONE person, because at this point, you cant, the defense played with no heart, the offense was a little sketchy, the coaching staff was horrendous, all of these things have been far consistent in my posts

3. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    It just takes alot of practice I guess.

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I'd have to say "yes." Cause I haven't seen you get all bent out of shape about any criticism towards Norv's play calling.

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

LOL.

6. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
  7. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +208
    I think you're looking at this all wrong. I haven't really seen anyone excessively blaming any one player on the team. All I've seen is YOU blaming Norv. A few blaming Teddy too I guess, but mostly it's you making all the noise.

You know, I think it was Freud that said that the root of hate is an unrequieted love. Maybe you should ask yourself some hard-hitting, soul-searching questions? :icon_tease::lol:

• Like Like x 1
  8. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,897
    I think you're the one with the man-crush on Norv.

Every other post you make is about him. :icon_tease:

9. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    :lol::lol::lol:

Does Norv know that he has not reciprocated his love??

:icon_shrug:

:lol::lol::lol:

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

True... just ALL of the players.

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    He IS whats holding us back!!!
    An average coach would have us at 5-0 right now and that's pure fact!!!

12. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,897
    It is not pure fact.

Just because it's your opinion doesn't mean it's fact.

A fact is something that can be proven. We can not prove in any conceivable way what record an average coach would have us at right now.

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    But it is proven that Norv is a below average coach. So average can only be better.

14. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,897
    Irrelevant to whether or not an average coach would have us at 5-0.

15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    So you agree/admit that Norv is below average.

16. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,190
    Got facts?

17. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    58-82-1 before the Chargers signed him.

If he's so great, how come nobody signed him after the Skins canned him?

The Raiders signed him 5-6 years later but that was only because they could get anyone else to coach that team.

How come nobody wanted to talk to him (about being a head coach) after the Raiders canned him?

18. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,190
    Wow... Again no thought shown in your position.

Tell me, have there been any head coaches who have had bad records before going to another team and winning?

Shannahan
    Belichick

Heard of them? Does that fit into your mindless rant anywhere? Lets talk what matters. What is Norv's record with the Chargers? Put up or shut up brutha....

19. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,897
    Make up your mind. Do you or do you not fault him for his Raiders tenure?

Is it only when it allows you to use facts to make your argument look stronger?

20. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Both those coaches got canned from their first team as Head Coach, went back to being and Assistant Coach, then got an second chance at Head Coach and excelled.

This is Norv's third Chance at Head Coach and if you're going to tell me that he's got the Chargers playing to their best of their ability... you're on drugs.

Also, before you start comparing Norv to Shannahan and Belichick... keep this in mind.
    Shannahan 2 Super Bowl titles
    Belichick 3 Super Bowl titles

With all of this in mind, I think Belichick's firing is over looked. His last season was the (original) Browns last season in Cleveland. In fact, they were doing great until the move was announced.
    No, I can't prove it but I believe he would have stayed if not for the move.

Anyway... if Norv gets us 2 Super Bowl titles, then I'll pay him respect. He hasn't earned respect. So far, just a lot of unconditional man love from the majority of the posters in here.

21. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I see no facts listed here, pure or otherwise.

Would an average coach have been able to change Hochuli's call or fix the replay machine?

I'll admit that I probably feel as anti-Cottrell as you feel anti-Norv, but I'm not going to monopolize the board stating it nor will I call my opinions fact.

We all know your opinion of Norv. How about changing the tune just a bit, OK? :icon_shrug:

22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

With the Redskins... 49–59–1.

That's STILL below average.
    Like I keep saying "I lived in the area at the time and witnessed his whole era." Ask Skins fans how much they loved him.

23. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

No but an average coach wouldn't have got us in the sh!t hole from the start.

Same situation in Oakland and Miami.

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,190
    :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

man your arguments show the lack of thought you put into your posts.

What was Norvs job before this one?

Did either coach get their Superbowl rings in their first year with the other team?

Frankly based on your arguments I dont care if you respect Norv or not. Because there is nothing you post that I find worthy of respect...

Get some facts, put some thought into your stance and come proper...

25. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Awwwwww. Point out what part of my statement is untrue.

As far as thought goes... what's to think about?
    It doesn't take an Einstein to see that Norv is not doing good for our team.

Spin it till your eyes are in the back of your skull but there are no more excuses about "the team just needs to get to know Norv" left. That was done last season.

26. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,190
    None of what you stated helped your case. You said that the other coaches did not do well, went back to being assistants then came back and did well. That is Norv. He went back to being an assistant and has a winning record with us.

You cant even argue your own point without punching holes in your own argument...

Spin? Einstein?
    Yeah, first coach since Bobby Ross to lead the team to the Championship Game... I see your point... NOT!

27. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I asked you to "point out what part of my statement is untrue?"

With that said, you already spun something...
    Yes I did say the other coaches did not do well, went back to being assistants then came back and did great but you left out this part... "This is Norv's third chance at Head Coach."

I get it... It doesn't matter what happens to this team as long as Norv is still our coach.
    If we don't win any Super Bowls, this will be the biggest waisted era in NFL history but as long as Nov is still the coach... you'll be happy.

28. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,190
    What you dont get is that your constant whining and crying, or as you prefer it b!tching changes nothing.

Sure, go for the doom and gloom, be unhappy, kick your dog. Do whatever you want. Look to the sky and worry which piece is going to hit you on your head.

If that makes you feel better go for it. Because the last time I checkd neither the owner or GM was a nausferatu wana be...

29. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I just have a hard time understanding where all the man love for Norv comes from no matter how poorly coached this team is.
    That's what this thread is about and nobody has answered.

I mean even when we were playing great, hate for Marty was all over the forum.

Doesn't make a lot of sense.

30. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,190
    You would never get it. You are not in charger of your emotions. have never liked Norv, and refuse to shut the phuque up about it.

Of course you dont get why people are giving him a chance. You have already stated if he doesnt win 2 superbowls he is a failure. So no matter what, you will find problems with him.

We get it, you dont like Norv and cant stand people not taking every post of yours and calling it the Newer Testiment. Well get over it...