1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

How did you feel while Vinatieri was lining up for the field goal?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Nov 12, 2007.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Did you notice that the crowd was ready to kill?

I was glad for the gift that we received but it looked like we were going to blow it in the last 90 seconds.

2. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    While watching the play, all i could think to myself was, GOD please let norv wisen up and put Cromartie back for the kick because a kick return was the only way we were gonna put any points on the board, our offense sure as hell wasnt going to do it

3. pgreenbe305

pgreenbe305 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +22
    I personally felt like a choad, but for no other reason that I keep believing this team is better than they really are, and they haven't proven that yet. I guess that's what there's next week for.

:abq2:

• Like Like x 1
  4. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    I felt tipsy.

5. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    I kept thinking, "oh no, here we go back to the days of old" this team could never finish an opponent, and regardless of this win, I think that mentality is coming back to this team...as in the days of Gilbride, Riley, etc

6. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I knew the Chargers would lose even when they were up 23-0. So when Vinatieri lined up I wasn't really feeling anything because I had prepared myself for that moment.

Now, when he missed it... I was shocked. But I still didn't have any confidence in this team to actually get a first down and close 'em out.

This team is in serious trouble right now. All they proved last night was that they could come away with a "W" against the Colts' pre-season squad.

7. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Yeah I agree, this team no longer has the "tough guy" mentality...neither our O-line nor Defensive front seven have that' "we can shut anybody down anytime" attitude they had last year...but we now have a "yes man" HC, so that "the ego" can be happy in his own little mind...well this team is rapidly taking on that same wimpy attitude.

8. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    I felt that the game was over... because there was no way, Philip was gonna mount a come back in 90 seconds... Last year, I believed in our offense's ability, this year... no so much....

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I was thinking if Rivers could pull this off

10. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    At the time I was just glad there was still over a minute left on the clock and that we could possibly get a good run back with a return. And nate would kick the winning field goal. I was actually not too worried. But vinitari made it easier by just missing. :no::flag::flag:

11. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    It's kind of like Rivers and Lt against the defense. Our O-line flat out sucks this year.

12. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    In all honesty, and I really mean this.

I thought he was goign to miss.

13. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    I felt like putting a serious voodoo whammy on his ***, same as Carrie, and damnit it worked!!!

14. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

THANK YOU!!!!!

That is the fear I had from the very beginning of this new era!!!!
    I really hope our head coach can prove me but "So Far, Not Good!" :no: :no:

15. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I told everyone around me that we had to believe and that anything could happen.

16. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I was positive. I was thinking (if he made it) that Rivers had the opportunity to atone himself and create a repeat of last year's Seattle game.

17. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    First and foremost, I wanted the bolts to win. However, having put a chunk of dough on the colts at -3.5, I figured that they were going to win no matter what, so I wanted them to make a TD so I'd at least win my bets. So, with the 'first down' that was reviewed and moved back and all the stuff that happened after that with the movement penalty on the colts..... I was biting my nails. It looked like a "lose/lose" situation. The chargers would lose and I'd lose my bet, also.

I just whispered, "miss it" when he was lining up for the kick. I think that's what made him miss..... :yes:

never happier to lose $600. (although, I made most of that back last night with a big bet on the seahags.)

18. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    I was wondering what the playcalling was going to be like on the Chargers next offensive series was going to be like.

19. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I was praying for Sproles to have a big return.

20. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I thought it was over... straight up...

I was clinging to hope and telling myself the he could miss it... but I was ready to hang my head in shame.

21. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    That moment was a very religious experience for me.

:abq2::icon_party::abq1:

22. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    I knew we would win the whole time, but didnt stop holdng my breath until the final whistle.

I actually thought he would make it and we would come back and score the final FG for the win. But this way suits me just fine.

:tup:

23. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    My thoughts were, we can still win this after he makes the FG. I'm always the optimist.

24. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    i just looked up to the heavens and said pleeeeeasssseeeee then miss miss miss miss.i was calling stuff all game i said sproles was goin to run back the opening kich called his punt return and 2 ints i was on fire

25. BestInTheWest

BestInTheWest Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    For some odd reason, NBC's opening skit popped into my mind, and I was praying for the San Diego Chicken to grease the ball up with crisco again, and put a little itching powder in Vinatieri's jock strap. :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  26. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I wanted my mommy.

27. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Wait 355 days...:icon_rofl:

28. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it Miss it

29. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I did not feel surprised and I thought "here we are about to blow it again"...sort of a resigned fate...but he kicked that field goal about as well as I did in that "kicks for cans" contest...

I felt worse though when PR fumbled/dropped that damp ball into the Indy end zone and they got that TD...that was terrible (and I might not be saying it right but you guys know what I mean)...Rivers looked so defeated.