1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

How do u celebrate Thanksgiving?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rexy2006, Nov 25, 2009.

1. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    I was thinking I wonder how my friends the Eurobolts celebrate Thanksgiving. Do they celebrate it? Then, I was thinking I wonder how everybody celebrates Thanksgving. Lots of folks do in Canada.

I head to my sister's house in the morning. Watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. (Love the big balloons.) We cook and bake all day. Eat snacks. Watch football. Usually eat a big ole dinner at about 5ish. Go into food coma. Go home.

How do YOU celebrate Thanksgiving???

2. English

English @tonywaters

Ratings:
    +92
    It's not something we celebrate in the UK.

However, last Thanksgiving Mrs English and I went to NY with friends for a week and saw for ourselves what a big deal it is in the States.

We watched part of the Macy's parade (a spectacular event) and went on a harbour cruise for a meal Thanksgiving evening. (The cruise and meal seemed very good at the time but that was before we experienced the Bolt Talk/Bolt Bunker taco Cart tailgate!).

It was a really good trip and there was a big 'feelgood factor' around the place.

But if I ever go over that side of the pond at Thanksgiving again there is no way am I going shopping on the Friday!

3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    The 4 F's .... Food, fellowship, football, & farting. :icon_party:

4. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Well we don't do anything special for thanksgiving- I do watch the all three games till the very early hours of the morning but as Rexy has stated to me many times- I don't sleep lol

5. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Well 1st I go to my best friends house about 10am watch football eat at 12:00 and big out then I go to my familys about 3pm watch football eat at 4:00 and pig out then I go home watch football and throw up... :lol:

[​IMG]

JK about the thow up part...

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Food, Family, Football and honey doos.

There are always chores to be done, especailly this year.

But in the end its a great day to spend with family and chilax.

7. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Sounds about like my family AHAHAHAHA!:icon_rofl:

8. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    That sounds like my Sundays during football season! :yes:

9. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    after the taco cart

10. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    I have a big meal planned with the family. Some years I smoke the Turkey, and sometimes I dont. This year I will not smoke the Turkey.

11. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    I'll be taking the family up to my brothers house up near Lake Elsinore. We'll watch 2 of the 3 games & eat all day.

12. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +502
    No such thing as Thanksgiving here in Ireland. Our Christmas is your Thanksgiving. I think it all stems from the fact that we are a predominantly Roman Catholic country, doh!.

As the US is so multi denominational it seems fit that a 'Thanksgiving' day replaces Christmas in terms of the big family get together/eat turkey shindig.

It is a regular thursday in November here. Those who watch football ofcourse know all about the Thanksgiving day games. I will watch the early one methinks. The others are on too late for an old man with a 3.5 yr old son!!.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you celebrating today!. Make sure u eat far too much and toast you and your family with some fine wine or whatever is your fancy. That is what we do on 25th December anyway!!.

:icon_toast:

13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    What will you smoke? :icon_twisted:

14. jerry62

jerry62 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Thanksgiving was first observed by the Pilgrims (immigrants from England) in 1621, to give thanks to God for their blessings in the New World.

15. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +502
    Yep. Just saying that it now fits that it is the big day in the USA since it is so multi-denominational.

16. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    We have our cousins from Orange County come down and usually have a few friends of ours join us and we normally go out to eat at a hotel and eat early. It's a pretty good system - no cooking, cleaning, panicking, or leftovers for 100 years. And math wise it usually evens out to what we'd spend on buying all the stuff we needed to make it anyway.

We do cook every few years, I'm looking forward to helping next time with the cooking :tup:

17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Horse ****. It was celebrated in Virginia before it was by those chowda headed Yankees. :yes: :flag:

18. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,415
    Stuff down some turkey then work on finals.