1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

How do we attack the next 3 games?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by tboltzcali, Nov 27, 2006.

1. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    This sundays game at Buffalo is another we should win. I say should simply because we are a better team than the bills are. Denver and KC, especially KC, are the more important games we need to win. Do we sit the questionable again and hope we pull the DUB out or do we try to go full force? I believe Merriman will make a huge difference on the defensive side of the ball so I dont see Marty rushing back Castillo if he cant go. But as far as KMAC, Dielman, and the others that didnt play, what do you think we should do?

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Rest the horses but have them at the ready. The Bills are an AFC opponent and the Conference records are looming large as tie breakers for seeding.

3. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +108
    So if we dont rest them and use them sunday, is that saying we dont have confidence in beating denver and kc the next couple of weeks? Or vice versa?

4. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    i agree have them ready at all times resting lights outs goin to be an animal this game 3 sacks we need keenan we cant take them bills for granted they played good the last 2 weks especially on kick-offs or punts our special teams need to step it up ,ill be there in buffalo cheering them on im goin to make a bolttalk.com sign ill be sitting right behind the chargers 50 yard line reppin as for denver and k.c biggest gmes of the season but they all are at this game ata time i bleed blue and gold

5. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    It was a calculated risk to hold most of those guys out of yesterday's game. However, I think half of them could've played. I think this being a road game, they will play. It is important that the Chargers establish a playoff spot before trying to establish homefield advantage and perhaps even a bye. Thus, I think if they can go they will. Marty is pretty cautious with injuries, so he won't have a guy play if it may cost them more weeks than this coming game. As for Denver and KC, those are perhaps the biggest games remaining on our schedule. We need to lock up the AFC west crown. :bolt:

6. megold0715

Ratings:
    +70
    agreed well said

7. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I do not think it has anything to do with confidence and everything to do with knowing we still have a long road. We have guys who are critical to have healthy to get us over the hump.

Buffalo should be a cakewalk realistically. It sounded like Castillo could have played yesterday but the Chargers were cautious.

8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516
    Rest no one. Play all who are healthy. Rest those who can't play effectively but play everyone else. We are going across country to play a gutsy little Buffalo team that has won a couple in row. This is not a game I want to take lightly.

9. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +108
    I dont think we take this team lightly. They are far more dangerous than the chokeland team. Better receivers can burn us if we dont get pressure on Lostman.

10. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Not really. :no:

Oakland is last in OFFENSE and Buffalo is three spots away from the dead last Raiders.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-TOTAL/2006/regular?sort_col_1=4

Buffalo has a way worse defense than Oakland's defense.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-TOTAL/2006/regular?sort_col_1=4

11. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    You can let us win and focus on your division. :icon_shrug:

Seriously, our O line is rather poor [to be polite - look at the number of sacks we allowed] and our run defence has been a letdown.

Yeah, we finally beat a team with a winning record and we won two in a row. This will bring the team back to earth and the weather will not be a factor. I say 41-9 Bolts. Talent, coaching and player for player the Bolts are better, but you know what they say 'any given Sunday'.

I'll be there 12 rows from the field in section 114. Whoever else besides megold0715 is going to The Ralph have fun and enjoy the game.

12. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Thumper is going to this game along with a UT MOD.

13. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    I'll look for the BoltTalk signs! :icon_mrgreen:

Whether we win or lose I'll eventually post the photos and video footage from my seating perspective. If I am not too sluggish I may try to catch some of the pregame warmups ... maybe an autograph from LT too!

14. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Bolt fans have no beef with Bills fans other than the Conference rivalry but other than that there is nothing for bad blood.

In other words, you never punked us at anything which left an impression. :icon_mrgreen:

15. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
    How do we attack the next 3 games?

Wins would be good.

16. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    How do we attack? Well, considering we haven't won jack sh*t yet... we attack with all guns blazing. We got away with one against the second worst team in the league. The game was close partially because Marty decided to rest some guys who could have played. We can't afford to lose any games right now. So I wanna see McCree, Castillo, Dielman and the other "Walking Wounded" at least start the game.

Everyone can rest for Arizona.

17. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    :lol: - The simplicity.

18. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    The main problem for this time of year is injuries. Hopefully the guys we really need for the push to the playoffs will get healthy. :icon_eek:

19. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Wow.

Cranking on the nut vice of our walking wounded when we are looking at a 19 game season with 11 under our belts.....hmmmm....

I say easy simba !!!

Buffalo should be had with the same scrubs we fielded yesterday.

Fortunately, we have ol' "Lights Out....Needle In" back in the fold threatening to spike others supplements and feign ignorance which translates into bad news any way you slice it and dice it. :yes: :bolt:

20. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
    Keeping it simple is the best plan.

PAIN

21. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516

How much do you think Shawne is going to get booed this week? I hope alot. I want that mother lathered up from the opening whistle.

22. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I just hope he plays within himself after seeing Junior Seau's arm snap like a twig. :icon_eek:

23. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Exactly !!!

You asked me the same question yesterday and I mumbled some **** and then said PAIN. You godddamn right.

24. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +422

This is a big game for us!! If for whatever reason we looked past this game and the Donks and Chefs manage to win, we are only one game up with four to play and still have to play both of them! Anybody on this team who says coach I can play put him in! This W could be a deciding factor!

• Like Like x 1
  25. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Nobody is looking past anyone in the NFL. Fans included.

This team can win out and has proven it can win without Merriman/Castillo against one of the best AFC teams at their home in the Broncos.

If key players are not 90% or better, sit their ***. The Bills are not a powerhouse team.

Our front 7 is back intact which is huge so this gives us space to rest a McCardell and play VJ or rest a McCree and play Clinton Hart or rest Dielman and play Mooch (Mzkowski-whatever) etc etc etc....

Otherwise, you are burning out the race horses which got us here and we are only barely beyond half way through the race.

26. megold0715

Ratings:
    +70
    Were Goin To Do What We Have To Do L.t Is Goin To Have A Game Like No Ones Ever Seen Before Total Domination Rivers Wants To Make Up For The Chokeland Faiders Game And Get Crazy This Will Be A High Scoring Game For Us I Feel Buffalos Defens Isnt As Good As The Raiders Against The Run I Bled Blue And Gold

27. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I'm just sayin'... Buffalo has won two straight and they just beat a pretty good Jacksonville team. Suit everyone up, start the guys who can afford to be out there and win the game. Nothing would piss me off more than losing to Buffalo because they chose not to play guys who could have been the difference.

That's all I'm sayin'.

28. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    YES. :tup:

29. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Oh I agree but it appears we settled at 90% :lol: