1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

How does the events of the last 24 hours impact the draft

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    With the Combine just eleven days away, how does this effect the ability of the Chargers to prepare for the draft and properly evaluate the talent out there?

Thoughts?

2. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Not at all. MIght even help. Less disagreements. And more danish and sugar rolls for everyone else with marty gone.

3. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I think that AJ and his stunt double (Buddy Nix) have this scouting thing down pat. The Coaches don't really factor in at this point.

That's the beauty of this situation. The team is Ready-made for winning now.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    doesn't affect it

AJ and buddy have stated such

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    AJ is all about getting the best guys he can now. I don't see this team in very much need to fill holes as to just keep amassing more superior talent. Yes, there's a need at certain positions (wr, db, dline, oline, ect.), but right now, go for the smartest, hardest working, most physically gifted athlete you can and roll from there.

6. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    But I guerss what I am thinking is doesnt the search for a new HC take away from the time he needs to research the talent?

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Not unless there some unknown college fb game being played this week, no it shouldn't affect anything.

I'll bet AJ already has a huge list of guys he likes and he will be watching @ the combine. AJ is a scout, first and foremost. He lives to break down videotape of players, and I'm sure he's been all over this year's draft since about 3 seconds after last years.

8. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Aight, thank you.