1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

How embarrassed are you?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Dec 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I'm really embarrassed!!! :broncfan:

Yeah yeah... Norv got us to the AFCC last season.
    BUT I DON'T WANT THAT TO BE ALL WE HAVE TO SHOW FOR THIS ERA OF GREAT PLAYERS LIKE LT, RIVERS, GATES, MERRIMAN, ETC.

I just hope we're not damaged beyond repair. Some posters are comparing this to the 4-12 season under Marty but it's not even a close comparison!
    That was in 2003... Well we did not have a good team in 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998 or 1997. We were still rebuilding!

Five seasons later, we're back to rebuilding when we have all this talent. NOW THAT SUCKS!!! NO OUR TALENT IS NOT OVERRATED!!! YOU'RE BUYING WHAT RAIDER FANS ARE SELLING YOU, IF YOU BELIEVE THAT!!!

At least we ALL have this agreement... a change of leadership is needed. Just hope the new guy can put the peddle to the metal at the drop of the hat!!! Cause time isn't making it any easier to cross that finish line.
    Don't rely on the Queifs, Donkos, and Retards to suck every season either!

AJ... you destroyed it, you fix it!!!

2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,694
    I'm embarrassed FOR THEM.

LT seems seconds away from giving up, Gates looks horribly average, we have bad ILB's, a bad offensive line, overrated WR's, an undsciplined secondary, and worst of all NORV TURNER!

3. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    I am embarrased by that sickening offensive performance we gave on sunday. 24 yds on the ground. Without the defense getting the turnovers- we score 7 points.

Norv- your playcalling is embarrising but i did like the fake punt call

4. Chargersrmylife

Chargersrmylife BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    So embarrassed that the only time I have wore my Charger jersey on a week day the next day is when we beat the Jets.

5. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    Look another anti Norv Thread

who woulda thought

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'm pissed off, disappointed, & a little depressed about the Chargers, but not embarrassed. :no:

I save that emotion for my or my families actions. And maybe GWB. :lol:

Still wearing my Charger colors proudly. For anyone who feels that they can't - there are 31 other buses leaving the depot regularly.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Double Post there Buck :lol:

I am embrassed as i said but I will never be so embarrised I wouldn't wear my Charger gear with Pride

8. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Being embarassed is watching your team go 18-0 and then losing the Super Bowl by not running the ball one more time to run the clock. That's embarassing....I still wear my gear proudly, and I have since 1960.

9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    ****ing dial-up. :tdown: :lol:

10. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,358
    The day after the Colts game, I drove my son to school like I always do. I pull into the carpool lane his door opens, a teacher takes him out. Another teacher (fat as a cow) walks up to my window so I can sign him in. That teacher says "Aren't you EMBARRASSED to be wearing that?" (I had a 5 year old Charger pullover on). I snapped back "NO!".

I could have said "Aren't you embarrased to be so FAT?"

• Like Like x 2
  11. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    It's kind of amazing...skinny people are fair game for remarks, but fat people aren't. What's up with that?

12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I usually make fun of ugly people. Fat people can lose weight. :icon_tease:

13. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...I'm more pissed off than embarrassed. I'm not entirely sure about your statement that ALL OF US AGREE on a leadership change though. I'm with you there for sure on dumping Norv and never wanted him here to begin with but there still seems to be a sprinkle or two of Norv ISN'T the problem.

14. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,684
    Embarrassed? No, but I'm definitely sad and in shock. I didnt see this season coming, not even with Norv at the helm. I thought our players were better than this honestly, regardless of the coach.

I wish it was so easy as to point out one or two specific things that made this all happen, but it just isn't. There are many different elements here from Coaching, to the refs, to travel, to the Players and beyond. Winning and Losing are both contagious. At this point, if Norv has lost the team then he needs to go. I don't think this collapse was all his fault, but once you lose the team there is little chance of repairing that damage. Apparently they need a coach who will grab them by the face mask and tell them to nut up.

:icon_shrug:

Bottom line - whatever gets the job done, I'm on board with.

15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Just hope we don't lose to the Raiders. It will get ugly. Really ugly!!!

16. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Embarassed, no but wearing a Charger jersey in niner/Raider country will always get heckles. I still wear it on gameday, all day. I go to dinner with it on and patrol campus proudly in the bolt logo but I wouldn't wear it on any weekdays. I wore one the day after the Patriots beat us in the playoffs BTW. THATwas a bad day to wear it!
    nevermind, I'll have it on Thursday for sure. GO BOLTS!!!
    It's only a game. Think about it it could be worse; we could be Lions fans. eek

17. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    LOOK! I found her YouTube Video!!!!

18. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,358
    :icon_eek:

19. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Wow........I feel positively svelte next to that poor woman, and I'm not exactly a lightweight myself. I guess some people will do ANYTHING for their fifteen minutes of fame.

20. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,358
    As I said in another thread, I do not want to be anywhere NEAR the stadium if this happens. If it is close at the end of the 3rd, I'm leaving.

21. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,626
    The only thing I'm embarrassed about is being associated with other Chargers fan who are chanting for Marty like a bunch of idiots.

• Like Like x 1
  22. BooBolt24

BooBolt24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Not embarrassed at all. What if the broncos lose 3 of the next 4 . and we win the next 4. Now losing that type of division lead would be embarrassing.:bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  23. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I love the optimism but I doubt it. At this point, I think our best bet is to look into next season.

Merriman will be back with a vengence and with a new HC, I guarantee we'll see the LT that we all know and love return.

24. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,761
    Why should I be embarrassed? I neither work for or play for the Chargers.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +127
    Embarrassed? Hell no. I am only a fan, I don't work for the Chargers. If i did, I would hang my head in shame. I am pissed off, mad, confused, angry, etc., but not embarrassed at all.

• Like Like x 2
  26. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    I'm not embarrased, none of you should be (aside from the new comers) as you should be use to it. I know we rarely have the type of bullshyt hype that came out of this offseason, but we've been let down before.

I hate that the Chargers suck (or play bad enough to lose close games) because it ruins my winter. I don't watch other games when we are not contending so if Fuqs up my Thanksgiving, and Thursdays throughout the season.

I have high hopes for next season but only say that because I always have high hopes, I haven't peered into next season just yet, nor am I able to sleep at night with the shining fact that Merriman will be back next year. Not yet anyways, this season has put me in a no mans land sports funk that I have no experience with.

27. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Translation....

"you think i am bad now, wait to see what comes if we lose that game".

28. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,684
    QFT!!!!!!!!!!

29. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    You mean the coach who has only 2 more playoff wins than the current chargers coach... despite playing in more than 3 times the number of playoff games? :icon_shrug:

Yeah... I'm with you here. Those fans should be embarrassed.

30. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I know for myself that I do not want Marty back at all. I do not want any more of the 1 and done in the playoffs, if there is playoffs to be played.

So you are not the only one embarrassed about all chants of Marty. I am too.

Other than that I am not embarrassed yet. This is just not the chargers season. Our injuries from last season and this season is the ones that have hurt the most literally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.