1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

How Fanatical of an NFL Fan Are You?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BoltWalt, Sep 7, 2012.

1. BoltWalt

BoltWalt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    This Sunday the early coverage of the NFL starts at 4am San Diego time on the NFL Network with First on the Field.

Time NFL Network-------------------ESPN--------------------------CBS and FOX Networks
    04:00 First On The Field
    05:00
    06:00 NFL Gameday Morning
    07:00 .................................................Sunday NFL Countdown
    08:00
    09:00..................................................................................................FOX NFL Sunday & The NFL Today
    10:00 The Games Begin on CBS and FOX

2. BoltWalt

Ratings:
    +68
    There was a time once when I would have been watching from 4am, but nowadays my only regular sleep hours are from 4am to 7am(if I am lucky I might add an hour or two on either or both sides of those times), so I most likely will not begin watching at 4am unless I can manage some sleep before 4 am. I'll give it a try at least.

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Nowadays I'd say I'm moderately/mildly fanatical. Season ticket holder, I attend every game I can, a game on the road in a city I haven't been to yet, and that's pretty much as hardcore as I get.

I am still passionate about my team and interested in the rest, especially the division rivals, but I won't go out of my way to watch 2 teams I don't like about just because it's NFL on tv (Giants v Cowboys). I also don't watch any of the pregame shows because I find them boring and I think the guys on the shows are mostly full of sh1t. Just give me a few key match up games a weekend and I'm a happy guy.

I'm the fan NFL Redzone was created for, I get to see all the best highlights without all the commercials and other nonsense involved with watching every single game but still get the feeling I did see them all.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,158
    GO BACK TO RUSSIA!!!

;)

5. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I'll prob DVR the "First on the Field' show, since LT will be on it.

When I lived in Orange County and had DirecTV w/Sunday Ticket and no season tickets to the Bolts... I used to get up at 8am to watch all the pre-game shows while I set my fantasy line-ups and chatted on BT and Twitter. It's a lot of the same info being regurgitated over and over by different people though, so I mostly had it on as background noise.

These days, being back in SD and close to friends and family again, I'm lucky if I catch the pre-game shows at all. This season having season tickets will definitely rule them out when the Bolts are in town.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I will stay up to watch Charger games that air from 2AM to 5AM Central European Time, but I didn't watch the Superbowl live, and I only watched about 1/4 of the playoff games. I'm a Charger fan, but if there's a really good game on at 7 PM (the early game) I'll usually watch it.

7. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    I have kids so getting any sleep when you can is a priority, so I (hopefully) won't get up until after 7am on Sundays.

Since I am a Charger season ticket holder, I am usually out the door 10am for afternooon games, 2pm if it's a Sunday/Monday/Thursday nighter.

I did go to Denver last year to watch the Bolts play. Flew out there & back the same day. I flew on Frontier so I was able to watch NFL Network game day morning all the way to Denver, as well as the Sunday Night game on NBC on the way back.

I had the NFL Sunday Ticket from 2000-2009. Had to drop it in '09 when my wife lost her job. Still kept my season tickets though. My wife did find a temp job in 2010 & full time job in 2011. I did get DirecTV's Redzone Channel for free the past two years. This year they offered me the full NFL ST Max for half off. I took that deal.

8. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    6 AM CST with Corona in hand.:abq1:

9. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I see your Corona and raise you a Flensburger

• Like Like x 1
  10. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Whataburger?

11. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
  12. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
  13. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    How fanatical am I? I'm already wearing eye-black! :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Going rock climbing all day sunday
    #fuckalltheotherteams

• Like Like x 1
  15. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    On Game Day, I am usually the first Chargers fan in the stadium parking lot at 6:30 AM...

16. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,158
    Mr. Doug, meet Mr. Natural Light.

Ack.jpg

17. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    1 - being a light fan who's just happy we have a team and an excuse to drink on Sundays.

10 - being the guy who tricks out his den with a Charger felt pool table, checks his twitter for Acee's posts obsessively, and wears his Shaun Phillips jersey to Walmart on a Wednesday.

I'm probably a 7. And I would say its gotten lower in the last 2 years due to things like fumbled snaps, bad special teams, and rediculously bad luck with injuries thats kept us out of the playoffs the last 2 years. Along with 9-7 teams winning the Super Bowl...that just kind of devalues it for me, parity is such that luck has become the most important part of the game these days. I've lightened up on my NFL fandom a lot over the last few years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    oh man, this so much

19. BoltWalt

Ratings:
    +68
    I tried NFL Redzone for one year but hardly used it. I thought that it would replay continuously through out the week but I was mistaken.

20. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    But, you can set your DVR to record it.

21. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    A: Very Charger then Football in general, Fanatical.

IRONY: Im short of a Inet connect AND this the first year in a while that I wont be able to see EVERY Charger game via Sunday Ticket. :'/

AND I got too bad of credit to get the DTV deal I ran into recently that is pushing free NFL Sunday Ticket. DAMN the circumstance/timing/luck or whatever.

Think im try to find a way to get DTV to sign me up and still give me ST. Crosses Fingers.

Otherwise anyone that wants to hit me up with a pvt msg regarding this potential critical problem of me missing as much Charger football as any dedicated, fanatical fan should be privy to in the first place. Im even debating the NFL Cell setup as a means to ANY end of my suffering of missing out on what I love the most in a NFL Season. :/

Win or Lose.

Somebody that knows somebody should msg me about something. Im freakin out and I already have got the opener figured out since its NAT broadcast. I will miss it due to work, but at least can catch the recording about 1 quarter in and at least FINALLY see my team in action since my last viewing. (GB game)

DID I mention that im Freakin Out!!

22. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341

Lightened up?? WHaaa?? How can you lighten up on football? When even college football is at a all time broadcast high in viewership draws??

America is at an all time high on football and NFL. You should jus stayed juiced up with the rest of us *masses* and deflate at another time. This year is..._____ .

It is what it is.

23. BoltWalt

Ratings:
    +68
    Yes, but I did not have a DVR at the time.

24. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    I have partaken in a few Natty Light in my time. Maybe not a good beer but not a bad beer. :D

25. mando-charger

mando-charger BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    i really enjoy football, ive actually even been getting into college ball. i work 7am to 3pm and i have thur/fri off at the moments, so ill catch the late game sundays and the monday and thursday night games and ill dvr any charger game that is earlier so i can watch when i get home.

if im home and football is on its on the tv, i won't go out of my way to watch 2 teams i dont care much about but ill have the random games on as backround noise and passing entertainment as i do house work, take car3e of my son, etc.

we go to one game a year usually, though wwe are stepping it up and going twice this year. we get there about 9-930am. we get all chargered up and ive even made starwars boba fett style helmets in chargers theme to wear. ive already got my 6 month old son chargered up as well!

this year im having my uncle come with me, who enjoys football but dosnt have a team or anything, so i bought him a new charger shirt to get him into the spirit for the game and hopefully turn him to the blue and yellow for good!

• Like Like x 2
  26. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    You should meet my buddy that drives in from Phoenix, he wears a storm trooper helmet to the games.

27. newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    You and me are going to be good friends come game day when I'm in town :D Show you how Australians drink (since apparently we have the stereotype of being big drinkers).

I am so looking forward to a BBQ and a lot of drinks before the Chargers smash the Broncs at home on MNF!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    I've tipped back a few with the Aussies and other expatriates near Hyde Park in the Australian quarter. Just let me know when you hit town...

29. newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    Will be landing in SD on 10/14/2012 around 3pm. So will be at the stadium nice and early 10/15/2012 :)

• Like Like x 1
  30. BoltWalt

Ratings:
    +68
    Now that I think about it I believe it was one of the channels that the DVR would not record. Has anybody been able to record NFL Redzone? If so on what system(Cox, Time Warner, or ATT Uverse).