1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

How far from Mission Valley would it take for you to stop being a Bolt Fan?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by wrbanwal, Dec 7, 2007.

1. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    well, I see that this thread hasn't progressed much farther than when I left it this morning... :lol:

that doesn't pencil either....:lol:

2. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +81
    Dave Tipton, he was a DE with the team a couple years in the '70s. not a big deal just my linkage to the team.
    he played for the giants and seahawks too.

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I would tell your wife you are jealous the kid gets more tit than you for starters.

I am not well versed on how to get a baby to shut the fuc up.

Maybe simulating a statute of liberty play with the kid but if you fumble, you are fuc't. :yes:

Nevermind the kid, wait till your rented set of tits gets after your asss.

4. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +81
    the kid is actually an angel, sleep'in away. we did learn the hard way about the tapatio though...
    i jus' like bein' funny when buzzed.

5. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Kids change your life forever. I have only one and they cost too much money.

6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    This thread was started by an old fart and left to old farts to maintain it.

Welcome. :lol:

7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Got it. :tup:

That was the Harland Svare era.

I went underground as a fan in those years. Way Deep. Coryell saved my life otherwise, I would have been a fulltime fan of the nude beach at Torrey Pines.

8. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    let's see.... Balboa Stadium is still there.... maybe...

9. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    :lol: - I think the team is better off playing on the freeway.

You are having a Vietnam-like flashback. :icon_eek:

10. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +81
    freakishly hairy times i bet...

11. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Unitas was one of my idols. Joe Namath was another.

When I saw Johnny Unitas live as a Charger fan, I was crushed. Dude sucked assss.

Fouts was worse but I grew to love that bearded bear. He got me so mad at the beginning that I swore on everything holy and unholy he would never amount to a pile of ****. I am so glad the internet was not invented then. :lol:

12. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    come on now... the land is looooooooooooooooooooong since paid for, it's centalized with all the infrastructure in place... in a civic area, by visitor attractions.... chiat man, think of the possibilities... :lol:

think outside the bowl *man*...:icon_rofl:

13. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    hell, one could even tailgate on a grassy knoll... :icon_eek: or watch the 4th qtr from the zoo tram... or somethin...

14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Get help.

One too many rides on that motorcycle has blown out that pilot light.:lol:

15. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +81
    do you see similarities with your "chosen one" and fouts developmentally? i.e. are they have'in similar bumps?
    i tell ya the kid is like fouts in terms of mobility but he is like a dick with a lead rubber on in terms of feel'in the rush.
    perhaps it's more prevelant with hardwick out, but still.
    i like him but the kids shaky...

16. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    For a minute, and maybe even less, I gave your suggestion serious consideration

After considering what kind of POS 163 is going into Balboa Park, no effing way.

That is why Jack Murphy said we need to get out of the park and get into Mission valley and if he did not say it, he would have said it.

17. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    that's it... blame our situtation on a dead man... your a sic phuq....:yes:

think I'll donate all my bolttalk bucks to the Pat Curran re-election campaign...

18. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I see no comparison in development. Rivers is clearly (and I dig Dan Fouts) better at this stage than Dan ever was.

The only two things they share is when they run, they look like a bear running on its hind legs.

Rivers shaky-ness is nothing compared to what Fouts put us through. Jesus christ that was a nightmare. His first 3 years or so, Dan pretty much sucked ***. Bad.

Rivers will be the best QB this team has ever seen. I know it and feel it and last year when given the chance, he guided the team to its best record albeit with a weenie schedule.

The kid has that "it" factor going on in droves. He needs to channel that energy and fine tune it. When the game slows down for him, lights out.

19. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Hey man I do not blame the Murph. I have nothing but respect for the brother but in a twisted way, yes. Blame the dead guy.

20. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +81
    we shall see...

21. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    yep, I can see his column in the U-T now... "No more Super Bowls in S.D. - The Press Box Suxx".... send em packing...

that's one thing this city IS lacking - a media member with Super BALLS....

22. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    There is no one in that County with some clout.

I was hoping Ron Roberts with the County would get **** going but as I said earlier or in another rant, until we see a Joint Powers Authority formed, we are all just circle jerking each other.

Private financing is another fuc'ing ruse. It is a sham and misnomer.

The collective clout of the entire County of San Diego needs to come together in another Joint Powers Authority Commitee (the same County entity formed to get the Murph built 40 years ago) otherwise, fuc-kit.

23. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    am checking out, but I'll stop back in 8 hrs to see how this thread is progessed... or not... lookin for tics to Detroit and Donkies... latter...

24. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Trumpy, my friend, you don't seem to understand the proposal from the Chargers to the City of San Diego.

The Chargers offered to build the stadium and give it to San Diego.The Chargers would then rent it from the City of San Diego. In return the Chargers want 60 or 66 acres (I can't remember which) to develop as they'd like.

:yes:

Listen to the "Real Chosen One".

25. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    I believe Dan Snyder own's the Stadium too as part of buying the Redskins. I'm too lazy to check it but I think I'm right. :yes:

26. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    He's a Season Ticket holder.

27. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I understand the proposal. I am not agreeing with it. It keeps going back to an exchange. I do this if you do that.

Forget the exchange is what I am saying.

Offer to build the stadium and make an offer for the land without tax payer money. Get it done. The Chargers were looking to finance the cost of ths stadium so now they can finance the land cost as well.

Bada bing.

28. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I know I am going off track here (actually addressing the original question), but yes I would still follow the Bolts. You sorry *** bastards that say goodbye if they leave. You guys praise those who are fans and live on the other side of the country (NJ) and yet if the Bolts leave, you quit. What the fuk is that? I've been a fan for 35 years. Have only been to one game and have never stepped foot in California, yet alone San Diego. I would give my left nut to get to see them in person up to 8 times a year along with the tailgating with the group you folks have.

Ya'll should be ashamed of yourselves to call yourself fans!:icon_tease::tdown:

• Like Like x 1