1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

How long do we stick with Kaeding?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Oct 22, 2006.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    When it's a clutch situation, he always misses.
    Jets, Ravens and Quiefs.

Kickers are like insurance. You don't want to rely on them much but when you do, you want them to come though.
    How good is our insurance?

2. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    How long do we stick with the d-back coach.

And herm edwards has the chargers figured out.

3. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    How was his miss today a "clutch situation". He knew of the possibility of that field goal determining the outcome of the game but "clutch" is synonymous with "knowing with CERTAINTY" and not with possibility, that a particular play will determine the outcome of a game and such a scenario can only occur on a "final play". Clutch is 1 second left in the game down by 2 and kicking a field goal.

By the way did we forget his game winner vs. KC last year so soon? It appears so.

4. Kitsune-udon

Kitsune-udon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4

I agree. Kaeding was fine. The kick he missed was into the wind, I believe. Regardless, it wasn't his missed FG that lost the game. It was 3 turnovers that turned into 14 points and let that KC crowd run the game.

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
    Steve Crosby still works for the Bolts.

[/thread]

6. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,727
    He worked for Marty so he personally knows what a PU$$Y Marty is.

Losing to Herm has become a bad habit fot the Bolts, and everytime we've lost to one of his teams it pisses me off because he has yet to field a team BETTER than ours.

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,848
    Sorry, I think this is one of the most silly threads I have ever seen. Right up there with the concept of benching LT.

8. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,727
    For the record, Nate rules. I got your back #10.

9. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Yep, I agree. I still can't figure out how the chefs could have recievers so open. And that with a barely 2nd string qb lobbing the passes. Fire the chargers d-back coach. This has been going on way too long..

10. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432

What does the DB coach have to do with DFlo getting torched all day? :icon_shrug: What does the DB coach have to do with the coverages that Wade called in his Prevent Defense at the end of the game? :icon_shrug:

11. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    How long is Wade going to stick with that prevent defense on an opponents final drive? :icon_evil:

I dont blame Keading at all. They also missed a FG and an extra point.

12. t.druann

t.druann Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    Kaeding got ALL of our first half points. Granted he missed for 3 points that could have turned out to save us, BUT he still did us good today. Let's not forget that fact.

13. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Neither do I.

Even though the turnovers were bad, the pass defense today came up crappy. That plus the shoddy tackling that has been mentioned.

Not double-covering Tony G except for one or two plays for the whole game? He's only their most reliable and most determined receiver. He was responsible for more than half of Huard's passing yards.

14. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Chargers need to dump:

Marty Schottenheimer (anyone notice how before pittsburgh he was on the players for a horrible week of practice and the bolts came out and owned them, and that this week he told the players they had a great week of practice and they laid an egg?)
    Mike Goff (most inconsistent guard in the AFC)
    Donnie Edwards (POS player who plays well when his teammates are doing all the work for him)
    Keenan McCardell (he'd be a good #4...oh no wait his YAC is 0.9 this year, scratch that... dump his ***)
    Randall Godfrey (said this two years ago... NOT a playmaker. I want a playmaker. We need playmakers. F that "oh he is great against the run" or "he plays for the #1 rush defense" chit.... I want an all-around player who can blitz and who has hands and more range)
    Terrence Kiel (looked like a future borderline all-pro in 2004... has sucked a fat wand since. dump his *** and pick up some brains legs and hands)
    Wade Phillips (there's something called a "zone-blitz". you should try it sometime. can i call you "wade prevent" for the rest of the year?)

And I would dump LT because he's the 2nd most overpaid player in the NFL right behind Adam Archuleta, but we can't do that now can we?

15. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    A little overreaction?

16. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Nothing I haven't reacted to in the past. I have targeted all the players/coaches I listed in the past, some of them years ago. We can upgrade every position I listed and I am just pointing out the weaknesses of this team which slip under the radar because of associations with previous achievements or abilities of a player/coach which no longer exist or may not have truly existed in the past.

17. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516
    I have to disagree. While Nate has missed two field goals this season at unfortunate times, both in games we lost, neither would really be considered a "clutch situation."

No kicker is going to make them all. And Kaeding has made as many as anybody this year.

For my money, I lay the blame for this loss on our defense. If you allow a team to move 50+ yards on three plays in less than 30 seconds, you have no right calling yourself the #1 defense in the league. I don't care what the stats are.

We need to fix our red zone defense and our 2:00 defense. Every score we've given up in the red zone this season has been a TD, and we've lost two games where the defense has allowed the winning score inside 2:00. That's unacceptable.

Sure, the offense played like crap early and put our defense in some tough situations, but they came back and scored when they needed to. When called upon, the defense did not step up.

18. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,889
    What do we need to do?
    Dump Nick Hardwick and either move Shane Olivea into guard or dump him.
    Hardwick is just too small and gets too often blown off the line. No question. Olivea can NOT protect as a tackle and doesn't get the good jump in run blocking. Might be better at guard.
    Mike Goff is gone at the end of the year same with Edwards and Godfrey so relax on that
    KM did whatever was asked of him so don't blow your lid. Kaeding is still a great kicker.
    Phillips was a God two weeks ago, didn't organize a good game against KC, fine I'll give it to him on that.

19. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    ahah ya what is this the SDUT forum? LOL

20. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432

Gotta agree with WonderSlug. Over reaction.

I'm a Marty Hater. Not the problem today.

Mike Goff- Who do you replace him with? I bet you can't answer this one correctly . Same with Keenan. How about the always injured Vincent Jackson?

Donnie Edwards? I'm glad he wasn't traded.

I'm done . No sense going on.

21. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    all respect for MtlBoltsFan has now been lost :icon_shrug:

22. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FireReich #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +853
    Nate is fine. (Stick with the kid, he's good)
    Marty is fine for now. (He's allowed Rivers to blossom)
    The Chargers are fine at 4-2.

This team is real good. As long as we take care of business at home, we will be in good position for a playoff berth.

23. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Hardwick is fine. You must not watch NFL football other than Chargers football because 90% of centers in this league will get blown off the ball as much as Hardwick does. KM's YAC is pathetic and he has struggled getting separation all year long. Put him up against a veteran corner who has yet to lose a step and McCardell becomes a ghost. What a pathetic excuse for a #1 WR and AJ was on new england crack thinking that our WR corps is comparable to the supposed "good yet not spectacular" WR corps of New England during their superbowl runs. Kassim Osgood a budding young WR? My *** AJ. I remember that press conference word for word. And where is the depth? One of our WRs goes down the season is over... McCardell is washed up.

24. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Trade Osgood to Miami for Welker and move Olivea to RG...bench Goff and trade with Detroit for Jon Scott.

Oh wait....the trade deadline has past this week :icon_eek:

25. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Jon Scott actually shut down Aaron Kampman last month when he was called upon to start :icon_banana:

26. curtisboltfan

curtisboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    i still got faith in keading but the secondary lost the game today. Jammer ONCE AGAIN gets killed! you could drive a cadillac through the middle of arrowhead and not hit anyone today. olivea also got eaten alive today by jared allen. not complaining just stating facts.:bolt:

27. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432

That make's me want to trade next year's #1.
    Signed: Bobby Beathard.:icon_rofl:

28. curtisboltfan

curtisboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    mtlboltsfan, wtf? are you serious? get rid of lt, mccardell, goff, wade, kiel, and marty? why don't you try getting rid of your "charger fan" label.:wave:

• Like Like x 1
  29. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432

:icon_rofl: