1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

How long till #17 asks for a trade?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LightEmUp, Oct 25, 2010.

1. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    This dude wants to win. Atleast I think he does. Maybe big money means more but I dont think so.

How much longer does PR sit around while Spanos and Co. just wash this team down the tubes so they can move?

Thats really the NFL path PR set out for? I dont think so. I think he wants more.

If we continue like this I believe he asks for a trade soon. If not, we know PR, just like every other athlete is all about the money.

2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    But we'll make the playoffs at 11-5 nuff said.

3. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Rivers won't ask for a trade for at least a couple of years. So this should probably be put on the shelf.

4. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    It is going to take a lot for him to pick up his 25 kids and find a new place to go. But I wouldn't blame him if he did.

5. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Not any time soon if at all. You act like we're the 1-15 Chargers (although they did have a pretty good defense).

7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I don't know. He could just not attempt a tackle in a playoff game like Cro and it would be pretty easy.

8. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    I think the guy wants more than to be wasted while the Org. plays games and cares less about their current losing streak.

This might look like a stretch today but if we continue down this path PR will leave.... - unless they keep paying him well and he is content with money.

9. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    He threw for 330+ yesterday to a bunch of practice squad scrubs and no running game. He said something to the effect yesterday that the team goals are out the window and now they're just trying to win a game.

10. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    How long before this thread starter goes away?

11. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    I think PR has already entertained those notions. He isn't getting younger, and the Chargers don't appear to have the solution to the funk they continue to embrace. Is there an incentive for him to want to stay?

• Like Like x 1
  12. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    93 million dollars.

I said last offseason this team was putting all it's eggs in the PR basket. LT's window closing is currently happening to PR right before his eyes. If he is the competitor we all know, he will ask for a trade soon. This isnt what he signed up for and I think he understands our GM's ego is bigger than his desire to win the big one.

13. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    The thing that worries me is the relationship between Rivers and Norv. Let's hope he handles it better than LT handled Marty being shown the door.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    When was the last time a QB demanded a trade (other than Eli and Elway)? It's not going to happen.

15. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    Fair enough and good point. I believe it's looming if this is the direction of the team. PR wants to win it all. He wants the league to know he is one of the greats. Money doesnt drive him, competition does. I could be proven wrong over time though.

16. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +378
    Why would Rivers ask for a trade? Its the NFL you could have one bad season and the next be a SB winning team(See 2008 Saints to 2009 Saints) Nothing is guaranteed in the NFL. I bet Rivers stays and wins a SB here in San Diego. L.T couldn't do it, Brees Couldn't do it, and Many other great chargers couldn't do it. But he will.

17. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    There seems to be a chemistry that doesn't exist among the other team members and Rivers. Maybe I'm wrong, but...and this is an honest question....I think Rivers is one helluva gutsy tough QB, but does he have the kinds of leadership skills necessary to jell the talent and win...to this point in his career the answer 'seems' to be no. Whaddya think?

18. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    Unless your the Chargers. We havent proven we can go one and done yet. In fact our history says it will be a long time before we get another crack at it. (1995)

19. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +378
    So we're going by history now? Then that means we will will win the division at 11-5. Which I believe will happen.

20. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +378
    Keep doubting the guy. Just like we were doubting Brees. This guy is special you don't get QB's like him a lot. I believe we will win a SB with him not by trading him. Does that even makes since? To win SB by trading your Talented QB.

21. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    I appreciate the fact you want this team to win. Me too dude. I base my "hope" off of what I see on the field. I no longer have hopes this team is A. a super bowl contender. B. going to win the AFC West C. that they even care about winning a championship.

11-5 is never going to happen. If it does I will ban myself from here and never post again. Thats my word!

*I'd be stoked as **** to do it too.

22. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +378
  23. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Rivers and Gates (our two best players) are super tight.

• Like Like x 1
  24. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,554
    Why are you people even entertaining this fu*king retarded thread? Is it common for franchise QBs making 93 million to demand a trade these days? Or at any time in the NFL?

If he did it would be the most childish and pathetic move I've ever seen, and completely out of his character.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    I'm not doubting him...he is an incredible talent and yes what you say makes sense, but you sidestepped my question, so... I'll ask it again...does he have the leadership skills necessary to get the job done?

26. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +378
    Of Course. But you can have ALL the leadership in the world and it wouldn't do you any good. If you don't have good enough players around you.

27. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    CUTLER

• Like Like x 1
  28. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    Touche

29. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Buck he suited up against you guys with a busted up knee in the AFCC game a couple years ago and up until this year I can't count how many 4th qtr comebacks #17 has had (many of them on the road).

Rivers is not the problem and if not for him I wouldn't even watch anymore.

30. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,554
    Only after the Broncos admitted they had already explored a trade. And besides that Cutler is neither a franchise QB, nor does he have a 93 million dollar contract, nor is he exactly what we would call...."down to earth."

Comparing Cutler to Rivers is retarded.