1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

How many of you turned off the game?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Ekdog, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Ekdog

Ekdog BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    Okay, I'll be honest. I gave up and turned off the game after Kaepernick made that long run for a TD. :oops:Anybody else want to own up? It was half past five in the morning or something like that here in Spain and I needed some shut-eye..., but enough excuses. I thought the game and the season were over for the Bolts.

To wake up this morning and see they actually won is an early Xmas gift for me. Is there anywhere on the Net where I can watch a replay of the fourth quarter? That must have been one hell of a comeback.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +481
    Never turn your back on Bolts......they've been give'n us heart-attacks all year.....

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +162
    No, didn't turn it off but I was screaming at the tv, while playing xbox live on the other tv lol

• Like Like x 2
  4. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    The fifth quarter was where it was at. Skip the 4th Q and save yourself some pain/time.

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I was at LAX. The only part of the game I got o see up to the final TD and over time was a few early plays and PR17's pick 6. I will tell you early in the game it looked like PR17 needed to be benched for his health. His throws were well off target and he looked to be in pain with every throw.

6. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    I went for a work out at the start of halftime, when I came back it was right after Liuget scored the TD, just enough to keep my *** on the couch for the rest of it.

Plus I started Rivers and Gates in the championship game so I was kind of invested that way too.

7. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Watched the whole ugly thing...the cat found a hiding place around halftime to get away from the screaming. For the first half our guys looked terrible and were on the wrong end of the highlight reel...but fortunately the are two halves, and overtime. I was getting concerned with Charger players dropping left and right. Thankfully, the entire team stood up and refused to lose. Wow! Get well guys...we need all of you Sunday in KC.

P.S. The cat came back around after the game...all is forgiven (...or she wanted food, I'm never sure.)

• Like Like x 1
  8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Didn't miss any of the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DenverBolt

DenverBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +52
    Watched the first half in a bar, then got home and watched other shows until I checked back into the game with about 2 minutes left. I was recording the game so I could watch what I missed. Now I have to go back and at least watch the strip sack TD. It may be too painful to watch the rest of the crap.

10. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    I watched the whole thing, and a lot of customers at the bar left during the start and half, but some came back towards the end of regulation, and then it got interesting as the Bolts played for OT. Then the bar became lively again! I never lost my seat at the bar. Great time, got hammered after the win! And for all of my Bolts bretheren who were repping us out in Frisco, I salute you!!! Way to support our Bolts!!!

11. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +449
    I was at the game... Watched some (not many)49er fans head out early! :rolleyes:

The game for me ranked up there with the OT playoff win VS. the colts when the older #43 scored a TD.... :D

• Like Like x 2
  12. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Was wondering how it was for you there. Saw a fair amount of Charger blue in the seats, along with a lot of empty seats too.

How was the game experience at Levi's?

13. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    When I heard from someone that the stadium was sparsely filled, I wondered if the nyners fans were just casually being late getting to their seats. When I saw the cameras panning out to see the crowd, it almost looked like an Aztecs game at the Q...

14. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +449
    The experience (Levi's stadium) was OUTSTANDING! Pre-game and game itself... Not sure if its the 49ers or just being so-close to the field... Not one word from a 49er fan, only thing said was from a Bolts fan since I had a 49ers fan with us...
    YES! Lots of Blue everywhere!!! Best part was when our end-zone went into a "LETS GO CHARGERS" chant after the fumble recovery in the endzone for a TD.. We were in the far end... Getting in was easy--- getting out sucked, I got home around 1:30am and its only 45mins away...... Bottom line a NEW Stadium = Better game day experience for me..

Our seats (Row 11) were right where Floyd got the final TD. Thank You StubHub :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +449
    The 49ers side had some empty seats the rest all looked packed to me, No empty seats around us at all

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    Was there too, voice is gone. Man what a game, the lets go chargers chant was epic. Never had a person say squat other than some good natured ribbing from people around us who obviously didn't have anything to say afterwards. Great facility but missing mystique. Kapernick is fn fast...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. House of Hayne

House of Hayne Chargers Smash

Ratings:
    +204
    Way too many heart attacks

18. House of Hayne

House of Hayne Chargers Smash

Ratings:
    +204
    Was your experience good
    How a new stadium would be in SD?

19. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Like I had something better to do? :laugh:

20. gonzokrb

gonzokrb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64
    I don't have NFL Channel. Had to follow the game on the computer. My youngest son and I were screeming at the monitor. What made my evening was the EX calling to rub in the beat down in the 3rd Qtr. Be nice if a stray lightening bolt found it's mark!!

• Like Like x 1
  21. English

English @tonywaters

Ratings:
    +92
    I'm also based in Europe (UK) and missed the 1st quarter. I watched the remainder and stayed until the end. Finally got to bed around 5:45 Sunday morning.

It was worth it...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Bigkdb

Bigkdb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +74
    I would have but I was at work when I saw it was 28-7

23. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    I didn't turn it off, but admittedly I took off my LT jersey in the 2nd quarter thinking it just wasn't our night.

And then... ;)

24. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    The game was on NFL Network and broadcast nationally on CBS.

25. Chargefwd

Chargefwd BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +78
    It was painful in the beginning.... But I hung in... Had to drive my Older son and 4 year old daughter to the movies and listened to it on my Iphone... If they brought in Clemens, I was going to turn it off.. Late in the 3rd, I had the kids back in the car and couldn't watch for a few for fear of wrecking the car... Walked in to the local liquor store for some pain killer just in time to see us down by 7 and raced home to finish the game! My son and I tore the place up.
    I love these kinds of heart attacks... !

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  26. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +389
    Didn't turn off the tube, but spen a lot of time wondering why I was forcing myself to endure the pain. Also invented several new cuss words.

• Winner Winner x 1
  27. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    When I get the chance to watch the Bolts on the TV there is no way I can turn it off. Besides, I've been hardened by being a season ticket holder and I never left early while sitting though a live drubbing of the Bolts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  28. Ekdog

Ekdog BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    My dad used to want to leave early if the score wasn't close in order to beat the traffic. Hated that!

• Agree Agree x 2
  29. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I didn't like leaving early either but when I didn't have control I had to go with the flow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    ...I put ON my LT jersey at halftime. I'll take partial credit for it. Made people sit in certain spots and as soon as my 49ers friend left early in the 3rd...destiny sealed the victory. I then went to a party that the same 49er friend invited me to. He had no idea of the outcome and was shocked that I was still wearing my LT jersey. It was glorious giving him the news...

• Like Like x 1