1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

How many QBs will go in the top 10?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by MasterOfPuppets, Feb 12, 2013.

1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +519
    and which ones?

I'm hoping 3 teams fall in live with QBs (KC, Arizona, Buffalo) and that lets Fisher fall to the Chargers

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    Looking at Mocks today one thing that makes me notice, every mock that has us picking Lane Johnson make a lot more sense. The thing that worries me is the one that have Eric Fisher going to us seem to have that one or two wild card moves. Sometimes that's all you need.

As of now I would be happy with either Fisher or Johnson. Now that Jones has officially cleared out medically it should help sure up his stock in the top 10. If not I would be happy to take him

3. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +519
    good thing that Geno Smith and Matt Barkley will be doing full work at the combine, QB needy teams will fall in love with them and draft them no matter their draft grade, it happens every year (remember Ponder, Locker, etc)

4. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    Reports are saying if Blaine Gabbert were in this class he'd clearly be the best QB, other reports saying Glennon and Wilson would be ahead of Flacco and Ryan if in the same class.

Right now its a lot of he said she said but lets hope one or more of these kids make a huge step forward.

The other thing that worries me on the teams that need QB's is if they look at Dalton and Wilson who were picked later finding more success that the QB's who were picked in the 1st. A side from the 2 obvious last year (Luck and RGIII) even the QB needy teams chose to wait.

5. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,079
    Sorry, but there's just a lot of not looking at the whole picture here. The "reports" saying Blaine Gabbert would clearly be the best QB in this class... are coming from Jacksonville's new QB coach - the same Jacksonville that has recently come out and said they're going to give Blaine Gabbert one more chance to prove he can be a franchise guy. So a QB's new position coach coming out and saying that IF Gabbert had stayed in school another two years and developed he would have been a better option than any of the QB's in this draft (who, like most rookie QB's need some form of work on their game to further develop) is inconsequential aside from it affirms (barring a MASSIVE smokescreen) that Jacksonville's not taking a 1st round QB - which IMO is dumb because declaring that hurts leverage they might have had with trade partners foolhardy enough to want to move up to #2 overall.

The Glennon/Wilson comment is coming from Trent Dilfer - who is like the Skip Bayless or Colin Cowherd of draft prognostications for ESPN - he's effectively paid to make outlandish/controversial claims then argue animatedly for them. It's also Landry Jones (not Tyler Wilson), he's arguing is a better prospect than Matt Ryan - and he's insane. This is the same Trent Dilfer who argued that the Rams should have passed on Sam Bradford at #1 overall to take Suh "because Colt McCoy and Jimmy Clausen were better QB prospects". Put simply, Dilfer has about as much credibility as Mel Kiper - he'll just have instances where he appears to have more than he deserves because he's made a career out of singing the praises of anything the 49ers organization does and trashing anything the Carroll-run Seahawks do (mostly because he holds a grudge that Carroll moved on from Dilfer's good friend Matt Hasselbeck).

As to Dalton and Russell Wilson - you realize that both of those teams had what they viewed as starting QB's already on the roster, right? Seattle had just signed Matt Flynn in free agency prior to the draft and to a contract that suggested they were intending him as their starter. Cincy, at the time, was still embroiled in the will he/won't he ordeal with Carson Palmer (Dalton also came onto a team with AJ Green - of which, short of Arizona, there is no team coveting a WR this year that has that sort of receiver to make said rookie QB's life easier - or that kind of receiver in this year's draft class to boot). If anything I think the success of Dalton (i.e. QB with less than ideal arm strength but smart, accurate passer with more good tape than bad) is going to push Matt Barkley up boards.

That said, I still stand by my assessment that we're more likely to see 4 quarterbacks go in Round One than just 1 or 2.

6. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Cant really believe that. Gabbert sucks. I didnt like him coming out either. Im hoping for 4 top 10 QB's but doubt it happens. Maybe only two that i see.I dont like this QB class. Hec Elway even said id Osweiler were in this draft he would be the number 1 QB. Still not a ringing endorsment if you ask me. I have some hopes for Geno though. Think he has some game.

Im hoping for us at #11 we get Fisher, Johnson, Jordan, maybe Warmack if those three are gone. Not interested In Jarvis Jones and his spinal stenosis. We got two good season out of McNeill till started going downhill.

• Like Like x 1