1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

How many WRs does one team need?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Mar 12, 2007.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
  2. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
  3. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    The way they structured the contracts of Washington and Stallworth leads you to believe that they're not sold on either one of these guys. Both of these guys can be dumped after one season, or held onto at a hefty price tag.

I have to say I'm puzzled by the Pats decision to sign everyone they can get their hands on. I still think they would have been better off resigning their own guys the last couple years.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    they're signing some real POSes though in Welker, Stallworth and Washington, hell Curtis and McDonald have more upside then those three guys

5. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    maybe they figure none of em will stay healthy... they still could draft a WR... :lol:

6. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I think they are in panic mode personally. They over spent for Welker just because they needed a receiver. Stallworth has a lot of question marks surrounding his health.

7. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    but then they do it again with a guy who has MORE health concerns ten Welker and Stallworth put together. Hell Caldwell's more reliable

8. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    They would be better off going to the draft. I have no sympathy for those classless pr*cks anyway.

9. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    One million wide receivers!

[​IMG]

10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    :lol:
    [/thread]

11. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    i think dr. evil has a point here. caldwell is always going to be a turnover waiting to happen, and while stallworth and especially washington have battled through injuries i still think those two have a lot of potential. if only one of those guys comes through in the end i think it will be worth it for their team, considering the options in their contracts.

i think the rest of the afc will pe pissed at these signings, a good dime back is going to be a commodity soon

edit- you guys think gregory can start at dimeback next year?

12. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    I think the Pats contending with the Colts and Chargers has something to do with this. The Patsies know they got away with one at the Q, but one thing they did was gameplan Merriman and our passrush out of the game by sitting in the shotgun. Look for a lot of 4 wide against us.

13. getfresh

getfresh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Did they lose Gaffney, or is he in the mix too?

14. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    None of those recievers are all that great. We have better recievers in San Diego. There's a reason why they ended up in New England, nobody really wanted them, and STALLWORTH has been injury riddled his whole career. Let the Pats have them. None of them will play in all 16 games for them this year.:bolt2: :bolt2:

15. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    I'd like to see us get CALVIN JOHNSON in the draft to replace McCardell. Although he won't be around by the time we draft. We need another reciever in case someone gets hurt.:bolt2: :bolt2:

16. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    yea it wouldve been a fitting end. i just couldnt help but talk about dr evil that shiz was funny.

17. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I wonder if they're keeping all of them, I'm guessing Gaffney or Brown is getting cut, maybe Caldwell after his game against the Colts.

Brady seemed upset about not having WRs last year maybe this is the Pat's response. Seems a little desperate but like already said they could dump Washington or Stallworth if it doesn't work out.

I doubt they keep the both of them unless they lose/lost faith in Jackson developing into a good receiver.

18. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
  19. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Which is more then likely with Jackson, Parker and Floyd.:unsure: