1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

How Pathetic Is This

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gridreaper, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    From SI's Peter King...

<<<Here's the scariest note of all, if Denver loses at the Jets and the Chargers win this one: San Diego would be 5-7, Denver 6-6, setting up the legitimate chance that the AFC West could be won with a 7-9 record. Imagine San Diego hosting Denver in Week 17, with the Chargers 6-9 and Broncos 7-8. Chargers win. Let's go to the tiebreakers. They'd have split the season series. Now we go to division record. As of this morning, San Diego's 2-1 and Denver 2-2. The Chargers have Oakland at home and Kansas City on the road before Denver in the last game. Denver has Kansas City at home. If you ask me, the AFC West will be won with a 7-9 record.>>>

...The Bolts could actually win their division at 7-9. Quite an accomplishment there Norvy. If it happens you are the luckiest piece of turd on the planet.

2. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

It's an embarrassment is what it is.

Kinda like the Pads in 05

:icon_sad::icon_sad::icon_sad:

3. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    i dont give a crap, if we get in and i get to go to a playoff game im all for it

4. clontarf_bolt

clontarf_bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +40
    hah kinda sad alright, but yeah a playoff game, who knows what could happen then!

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    i'm watching the titans/lions game, trust me, it could be more pathetic

• Like Like x 1
  6. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    You have a point.

It is kind of embarrassing when they showed San Diego is still in the hunt at 4-7. The AFC west use to be a tough division.

• Like Like x 1
  7. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    all that matters is getting into the playoffs.

Chargers are a very good team. Just have not got it going this year for one reason or another.

Chargers could win it all once in the playoffs. That would shut the idiot media up.:yes:

8. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    If we lose to the Falcons then we should be out of this race. we have been competing well week after week. If we CAN just get it togehter right now we can do some damage. This team has already been through alot. I think this weeks game will tell us all what the next weeks will be all about. Playoffs or draft discussions....

9. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Now we get a reminder of just exactly why we should have franchised the Burner. If I'm going to fault AJ for anything, that would be it. No need to surrender draft choices and room for some new fat boys. Turner will be the difference in the game. One way or the other.

10. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Can you imagine what it must be like to be a Detroit Lions fan?

11. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96

I grew up a Lions fan and still am. I however moved to SD in 87 and couldn't wait to pick up a "favorite AFC team". I am so glad I did. The Millen years have been simply awful. There seems to be something in Detroit that keeps them from doing anything positive. When the Lions hired Bobby Ross I thought very good things about the Lions future. Mr Ross figured it out real quick. This team is a loser!

12. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    Well, at least when a Lions fan goes to a game or watches one, they pretty much know what to expect. Silver lining and all that. :icon_tease:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    The Titans scored 38 first half points on them....at least the Titans will cover the spread....they now lead 44-10. :icon_rofl:

14. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I had to turn the game off. :yes:
    I'm watching Rocky III. :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  15. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155

Would Turner really make that big of a difference? All it would do is delay his breakout with a new team when he became a FA. I mean how much better is he than Sproles as far as backups go?

Now we don't know what AJ's options were in the 07 draft, but man if the Titans were really offering their first or Griffin he'd be nice to have right now.

16. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Maybe we could give Norv away to Lions it might improve their team. :icon_rofl: At least they would know they couldn't be any worse off.!!!!!!!!!!!:yes:

17. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Just beat the Raiders!!!

I'm looking towards next season. Think of it... we just beat the Raiders and Chiefs by the skin on our teeth. That's NOT a good team!!!
    Even if we make the playoffs, we'll be on the road the whole time and get knocked off immediately. I WANT A SUPER BOWL TITLE!!
    There for, a 5-11 season is fine with me.

a.) hight #1 draft pick.
    b.) Most important of all... Norv is fired.
    c.) AJ will be forced to swallow his ego and STFU as he will be on the hot seat.
    d.) With all of that done, we might actually get a respected head coach.

Results...
    a.) The LT we ALL know and love will be back next season!!! Possibly ready to break another record or two!!
    b.) Merriman will be back with a vengeance!!!
    c.) The chemistry we had under Marty will be back.
    d.) The intensity we had under Marty will be back.
    e.) The respectability through out the entire league will be back.
    f.) We will once again be one of the most feared teams in the league.
    g.) A LOT more calls will go our way. Let me explain... the ref(s) make a bad call but look to the side line and see Norv... they're like "pffffft. Who cares?" If they saw a Cohwer, Billick, or someone of that stature on the side line... they'd swallow their whistle and say "oh ****. I better get this call right!!!"

ALL OF THAT COMBINED... SUPER BOWL!!!! :bolt:

18. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

Dude, no we're not. Good teams don't run around with 4-7 records.

19. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Sweeeeeeet.

Take that Osgood... you piece of cancerous shiit. :bolt::lol:

• Like Like x 1
  20. BajaBolt

BajaBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    I wouldn't say we're very good, but I would say we're good. We just can't close the deal on close games. Every team except the raiders and chiefs we've played this year is above 500. In hindsight- this has been a mother of a schedule with trips to Miami, Buffalo, England and 9 of 11 games versus teams with winning records.

Our guys just need to make 2 to 3 more plays a game and we're victorious in almost ALL the games this season. We lack the killer instinct, but you just never know if we somehow make the tournament. We've been to the playoffs before, know what to expect and could get hot. If the defense continues to improve and somehow Rivers and LT get it going, you just never know.

The cardinals won the world series after seriously backing into the playoffs. You just never know. We'll go 8-8 and get in (one loss to the Bucs) over the Donkeys who will also finish 8-8.

This week's game will tell us all we need to know. If they show up, we've got a very good chance. If they get clocked by MT and Matt Ryan, then yeah, it looks like wait till next year and higher a FULL TIME HC- not just an OC masquerading.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    If Denver and the Chargers keep losing, and the Raiders keep winning...

Guess who wins the AFC West? :icon_eek:

Now THAT'S PATHETIC...:unsure:

22. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    as a division champ wouldn't the Chargers host a wildcard game? :yes:

23. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Yes.

24. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Man .... if that happens I'll be very, very glad not to be living in CA!!!! :icon_eek:

I hate to back into the playoffs, but I'll take a seat however we can get it. Remember - everyone is 0-0 when the post season gets here.

Stranger things have happened .....

25. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Not really. Nothing was expected of the Lions.
    We're suppose to be a Super Bowl contender. This is pathetic.

26. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    The only way I see Norv keeping his job, is to win the Lombardi. The chances of that happening are slim and none, and slim has left town.

They should promote RR or get Ryan form the Dud's, either way, I think that would be a win, win situation.

27. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    What happens if the broncos, chargers and raiders all tie for 1st?

who wins the tiebreaker if the chargers/broncos tie records and also division records? anyone??

28. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    thats really pathetic. but whats even sadder is that we can win the superbowl with a what? 10-9 record?

29. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    i think we'd get it cuz i think theyve lost to more AFC teams than we have

30. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Stop this thinking - at once !:tdown:

• Like Like x 1