1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

How S.I. Writers Envision This Season

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gridreaper, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...ls/preview/2008/08/26/main/index.html?eref=T1

...Well they have the Bolts getting a 1st round bye along with N.E. after both going 13-3. Then they have S.D. losing to Indy and Indy losing to N.E. I guess it's time to again..EMBRACE THE HATE :icon_evil:

In the NFC, they have the Eagles winning their division, beating the Cowboys, then losing to the Patsies in the SB. Not surprising to see the Colts and Patsies getting the love like they always do but it suprises me that they still dismiss the Cowboys so easily. Has Philly done that much to improve?

2. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I love it man. I hope they keep picking NE and Indy. That will make our victory in Tampa that much sweeter! :yes:

3. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    They have the giants making the playoffs. hoookkkayyy..:rolleyes2: thats i where i stopped. Strahan knows what im talking about.:lol:

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    they keep having this wet dream that "order will be restored" in the NFL by having the Colts beat us. I'm not saying it won't happen ONE OF THESE DAYS (like in 2025 :lol:). But its every single time without fail they pick us to lose early in the playoffs and to the Colts.

5. vegasboy

vegasboy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    With the Jags on the rise, Indy may not even win their own division this year.:icon_eek:

GO CHARGERS!

6. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    13-3!!!!Thanks SI. Why does everybody think the Colts are going to take us out? We've had their card since 2005 when we snapped their undefeated season hopes and in the playoffs, we are their worst nightmare. That said the Colts fans are the coolest and I think the Colts will beat us in the regular season only to watch yet another superbowl slip away in the divisional round of the playoffs against either us or Pittsburgh, the other team that continually crushes Colt dreams. As far as the Patsies, I want to CRUSH them. It's time we teach Tom Brady the meaning of revenge!
    Heres mine: (THE NFC is too wide open to predict)
    AFC Playoffs: 1. NE 2. SD 3. IND 4. PITT. 5. JAX 6. NYJ (Favre is Favre)
    Wildcard: IND over JAX, PITT over NYJ
    Div. Rd.: NE over PITT, SD over IND
    AFCC: SD over NE
    SB: SD over ?

AND those dickheads keep using the blue helmet!

7. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Yeah, I think the Jets and Favre get in before Tennessee too. I also think New Orleans or Green Bay would get in before the Gnats. Let's face it, Sheli's clan barely snuck in last year. They were inconsistent most of the time and lost what 5 starters on defense? Without those two studs at DE, the pass rush, that won games, including the Super Bowl, just won't be the same. That being said...

Big Ben got his ring, Sheli got hers, ooops I mean his and now it's Philip's turn :bolt::bolt:

8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    You had it right the first time. :yes:

The Colts have as much to prove against us as we do against the Pats. Just more of the usual sack-licking.

9. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    It'll be the cowgirls or the seachickens

10. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    they make their self look smart when they pick the colts and pats early then make their self look stupid when they are completely wrong lol

11. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    agreed if this prediction comes true i will be there to bow down and admit you re the new nostradomus with a smile on my face

12. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Indy better win their division!

I am already planning to go check out their new stadium next year, since we play them there if we finish the same in our respective divisions. I know we are winning the West, so Indy had better do their part.

13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
  14. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    I still say the NFC is too wide open to predict. ESPN is kissing our ***. I like it. I also like how ESPN sports writers were the only one to call the Giants a superbowl favorite, granted it was later in the season. But those guys are actually smart. They saw the writing the wall and a few said watch: NE will lose to NY. Everyone laughed but they were right. Oh! and it's good to see everyone else thinks Favre will sneak his way into the playoffs like me.

15. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    My thought is that there is no way in hell NE is going to be #1 this year with the current state of their secondary.

16. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    I thought that at first too but secondary isn't everything when you look at how amazingly productive the offense can be. Secondary or not...you CAN't count out a team that beat EVERYONE last year.

17. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I'm not saying they won't make the playoffs .. but I just don't understand how they can still be considered as a #1 team when they've lost sooo much on defense. Teams also have proven they have figured out their spread offense and so I question that the Patriots can keep up in a shoot out.

18. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    Ok. Maybe they won't be #1 because they lost the one thing that kept people from beating them. But it was their defense that kept us from a Superbowl. You're saying it's weaker. Does this mean that Indy and New England are primed for a San Diego beatdown? I sure hope so...:yes:

19. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Oh don't you worry I know they'll continue to knob Peyton, Brady and everyone when push comes to shove but for now i'm just laughing and enjoying their brief moment of perfect clarity
    :lol:

20. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    This is especially true from what we've witnessed while Sproles was acting like the blob while he squeezed through even small, brief holes. Does anyone else think 8-8 is some kind of pipe dream for the Donks?

21. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Indy and New England are starting to take hits to their personnel through injury, age and free agency and while they will probably both take their divisions (...the Jags and Jets could challenge) but I believe they will come back towards the rest of the league in number of wins and the margins of victory in games. As I have said in other threads...I like our chances.

22. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    How the hell is Indy going to beat us when we've been their foil since 2004?

23. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Seriously. We match up to them very well. We've been improving since the beginning of the Turner era. There's no reason to think they'll be healthier than us by the end of the season. We've rolled those batches for the past how many years??? We rolled them in the playoffs. We're younger and deeper. We have their number at home or on the road.

It's just like the playoffs last year. Everyone Ooooing and Aaahing over our "upset." What a load of crap. The one team we knew the Chargers were going to beat was the Colts. Unfortunately, the sports media doesn't actually follow sports. Just popularity contests.

24. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    We aren't encountering in new serious injuries on top of the ones we already have from last year. Our injured two guys will be back after the first few weeks of the season ready to play. No logical reason to forecast a trend, but maybe they are both snake bit this year.

25. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Esp. now with center Saturday not being able to play on "Sunday"!! (get it? lol)

26. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Damn. I can understand this much... until somebody can wipe NE out of the picture, they're the team to beat but enough about the Ponies already!!

27. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    Ya know...the writing is on the wall. The Texans will either just miss the playoffs or actually make it in. And Green Bay will probably win their division. It wasn't just Favre, it was Ryan Grant and the defense. As far as NYJ, easy-*** schedule. I say they still make it in. I doubt JAX is gonna be as healthy and potent as it was last year. If Jacksonville makes the playoffs, the Texans don't and vice-versa. I'm just thinking Houston might be ready to make the leap and no longer be the team that has NEVER played in January.