1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

How should chargers improve offense next year?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Jan 8, 2010.

?

Stud Back or 2nd Dominant Wideout Next year?

1. Stud Back all the way.

13 vote(s)
    81.3%
  2. VJ and Domiant 2nd receiver. Abandon running we did fine w/o it!

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    To improve our offense next year which of these plans do you think is better.

1. Getting a stud back in place/in addition to LT and or Sproles. Say Deangelo hall, Jonathan stewart or some rookie.
    2. Letting sproles go and getting a cheap back and then here the important part, finding another top nfl receiver to compliment VJ. For example Brandon marshall wont be back in denver and anquan boldin may want out of arizona to name a few. Even someone like steve breaston or TO could help Rivers out alot. If we do this we better hope rivers has a Marino type record season and throw for 158.3 rating every game!

2. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117

Beef for the O-Line, and D-Line.

3. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    While they may be the best and most practical way to improve the offense this thread is about a studback vs the somewhat more out there option of a receiver tag team with 2 TOP receivers like Boldin/Fitzgerald in AZ accept we have gates 2!

4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Why are we talking about next year?

5. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    Boredom and lack of things to talk about for next week until we know who we are playing. But I get your point, we might want to enjoy the ride and not worry about the bummer that could be losing LT.

Personally, if we HAVE to do something about the offense this off season, I would get a RB for the future but keep everything the same including LT for 2010. Next year won't have a cap so why not keep LT and Sproles for another sufficient running game?

This off-season should be spent on beef and depth.

6. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Run the wishbone 100% of the time.

7. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +275
    How about drafting some defense? A few more three and outs will put our offense on the field more often.

8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Win another Super Bowl.

9. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I say put ten linemen on the field every play and just quarterback sneak our way into the endzone and the history books.

10. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820

^ ^ ^
    This

11. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Am I the only one who thinks Norv4life is a troll? I don't think a single thing he posts is sincere. He's just trying to phuck with us.

12. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I would also like to add that while genetic engineering has made leaps and bounds the past few decades, we shouldn't mess with making something as risky sounding as a "Domiant 2nd receiver."

13. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Every team in the league has their greedy eyes on Brandon Marshall, Anquan Boldin, and possibly Vjack if we can't resign him. We won't bring anyone big in.

Without a doubt we need a RB that garners respect from defenses. I think far too many people around here are counting on Rivers to play perfectly every single week, as of right now the Bolts are not a complete team.

14. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Markus Mcneil in motion? :icon_eek:

15. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    If he is then he is.

If he's sincere then he's sincere.

The best thing is to just take the posts at face value and reply to them or ignore them.

If he somehow gets a kick out of generating responses on a message board then more power to him. I don't get the appeal to that sort of thing, but whatever.

16. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    Draft two rookie RBs. One in the first round, one in the fourth or fifth.

17. sdrocks

sdrocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    1) Beef
    2) Back
    3) WR

18. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    I certainly wouldn't want an overpaid pretty useless corner playing running back. :icon_rofl:

As someone so perfectly put it 'everyone know's he's stealing a living'.

Just kiddin I know who u meant.

I'd love to get Felix Jones from the Cowboys. He is Michael Bush with extra gears. Wonder what it would take to get him?.

After that more beef on the O and D lines please. :tup:

19. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    I rather just draft one veteran running back (you skip that learning curve thing) :icon_shrug: :icon_tease:

20. CasualKnowledge

CasualKnowledge BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    spend money, ask Madden

21. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Slight adjustment... We need a *running game* that garners respect from defenses. Get the Oline working right and we don't need a top tier back for opponents to respect the run.

22. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    we need beef first off. but to answer your question, we need a stronger running game.the more effectively you run the ball, the easier it is for the passing game and with our passing game we'd be phenomenal. i like the idea of us drafting blount. have LT mentor him on and off the field till his times done, bet you we wont have any problems.

and i know this is a dark thought for us because he means so much to this city, but what about having LT join the coaching staff after hes done?? :icon_shrug:

23. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    LT might get his ring and retire and of course that is the best case scenario or he might stick around to break records which is the most likely case and almost requires him to be wearing another jersey. I read the question wrong. The RB will open up the passing game so it is the essential cog but this team is a passing machine and the game plan needs to be centered around the air attack.