1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

How will we ever run on these guys?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LFEpooh124, Dec 16, 2009.

1. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    This is too funny.

-----

Article Link

The Cincinnati Bengals' defense is greatly improved this season (last week's effort not withstanding). They're fifth in total defense and No. 3 when it comes to stopping the opposing ground game. They pick up no points for the video below:

OK, I take that back, Abdul Hodge (No. 52) totally gets points for hitting that high note. Keith Rivers' solo (No. 55) left something to be desired. It was almost spoken word.

-----

I think this was their audition tape for that new show "The Sing-Off," fortunately they were denied.

2. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    We are who we are, and we are not a running team... I don't care if we can't run the ball on these guys.

I have been critical of Norval Eugene Turner in the past, but his game plan over this streak has been hard to argue with... We are waaay less predicitable, we create miss matches for the defense and we give so many looks that its difficult to change your defensive thought process at the half, because we change even more. I thought I knew our team and our tendencies, even us the hard corps fans are surprised at the looks Norv is showing.

We are not a ball/clock control offense, we're not a running team, and we're not a prototypical throwing team... We are now a headache for opposing coaches and we make the opposing D coordinaator earn his respective check...

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    If anything I'd be a little concerned about throwing the ball; there two corners are very good man to man cover corners.

4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Thankfully the Chargers are pretty good at throwing the ball.