1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

How would you feel if we lose to the Patriots?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, Jan 16, 2008.

?

Poll closed Jan 20, 2008.
  1. The season was a failure if we lose in the AFC Championship game.

6.1%
  2. Very disappointed, but proud of what this team acomplished this season.

51.0%
  3. Beating Indy was awesome. This has been a great season even if we lose to the Pats.

22.4%
  4. Zombies should be dispatched to Boston immediately.

20.4%
  1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    The media is giving us no shot, and while I don't believe that, it will be a tough game.

I thought about putting a choice of that is not an option, we will win, but I really wanted to know how you would judge this season if we lost on Sunday.

2. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Disappointed, irritated that it HAD to be the Pats, and miffed at the chance of ruining their dream.

But in the grand scheme of things, VERY confident for next season. Excited to see what AJ'll do in FA and the draft to improve an already incredible team with the huge amount of cap he has to play with. These guys are young, they're fast, they're athletic, and they're motivated. The future is incredibly, blindingly bright.

This team and organization has proven, this year, that they're no longer the one-and-done Chargers of years past. I've never been prouder of any Charger team.

All that being said, I think the reports of the Charger demise have been greatly exaggerated, and Sunday will be a VERY interesting day for all of us.

3. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
  4. Crime Time 31

Crime Time 31 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    You know I'll be disappointed but at the same time, we overcame so much adversity that I'll be relieved. We took a step this year in getting to the AFC title game and I think we grew as a team. After starting the season 1-3, I didn't know where we were heading...but I'm confident that a Super Bowl ring is in the near future, if not this year.

I didn't worry when we were at 5-5, I knew we were going to run the table, this team was too good not to.

Rivers continued his maturation process, VJ really stepped it up when we needed him this year and we had Cromartie emerge as the top CB in the game. I'm very stoked for our future with the solid foundation that we've got.

But...we aren't going to lose, so I've got nothing to be disappointed about.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Disappointed, angry that we didn't stop the Pats, but excited to see what we'll do in '08 with coaches & players in synch right out of the gate.

But I would dispatch the zombies. :lol:

6. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    Local or national, the media gives nobody a shot against NE. They tend to forget you have to play the game first and anything can happen in that game. Brady could be way off the mark that game or the refs may actually call a fair game - who knows.

Best of luck. :bolt:

7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I was so down on this team early in the year that it would be easy for me to just say that "I'm just happy to make it this far"... but I don't feel that way. I want to win this game. If we don't win I'll be disappointed. If we don't win and the players don't even bother to show up, I'll be piissed as hell at them. But I'm confident that won't happen. I wanna see them go out there and knock those arrogant pricks around. I wanna see Patriots receivers getting "Alligator Arms" as they cross over the middle. I wanna see Patriots Linemen and LBs frustrated because they can't get to our QB. If they play their most physical game of the year and lose, I'll be bummed but proud of their effort.

8. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    What a ****** thread...BOOOO!

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Don't want to think about it.

10. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    The zombie answer just sounds too cool to pass up.

11. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I'll probably be pretty drunk. Fuc it I love this team and all I ask is leave it all out on the field. :bolt:

12. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    I wonder if anybody else outside of Bolts fans will be rooting for us?

13. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Agreed. Win or lose, I want them go out there, give it their best shot, and leave everything out there. If the Pats overcome, all the credit to them. But I want our boys to go out there and knock some heads.

14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    This Sunday I will be in serious lockdown mode. I will not be accepting any calls whatsoever. All means of communication will be OFF except the internet. DEF-CON1 protocols are in effect.

The thought of loss does not enter the thought process right now because that is not an acceptable option.

There are no "IF" scenarios or maybes.

How I do I feel now or after?

There will be no time to feel **** so get after it.

15. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    the entire bar was rooting for us last week. I think I'll get more of the same this week.

Prolly cause they know if the Bolts win I'll be so drunk I'll start buying rounds for everyone

:lol::lol::lol:

16. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Lets just say. When the chargers beat the patriots this sunday all the world will celebrate the chargers win. The world hates the ashwipe, arrogant, cheating pats.:yes:

17. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    bad karma thread

18. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    They are!!!

All my East Coast friends (who are mostly Steelers or Ravens fans) are glad we knocked out the Ponies so they can cheer for someone in the AFC Championship.
    Now they're hoping we knock out the Patsies!!! :bolt:

19. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    Well, I'd dispatch the zombies even if we won. Just for the heck of it.:lol:

20. 3 Time World Champs

3 Time World Champs Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    What a Loser Mentality!

While I disagree with the thought that many on this board have of somehow beating the Pats, I at least have respect that they believe in their team.

Loserville!

21. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    [​IMG]

22. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::lol::lol::lol:

23. chargrgrl55

chargrgrl55 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    I will throw my remote through the tv, kick the dog and most likely slap a pedestrian walking by on the sidewalk....

Other than that, the zombie idea rules!!! :rockout:

24. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    We'll win this game, in fact I do believe I called it during our first game with them this season. It's not a feeling, I don't have a crystal ball, nor do I read tea leaves or have premonitions. It's more what I seen from a team that knows they can win, not to mention kick your *** doing it.

The pats don't want to get in a war with us and the weather may just bring that kind of game on. How great will it be to see the pain on the Pats face's as time slips away and Brady is in the locker room seeking needed medical attention from the pounding he's about to receive. :tup:

25. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Hey foobs, this ain't the UT. If you want to call the asswipes, call them asswipes.

That's the beauty of BoltTalk :tup:

26. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    If we lose it will be disappointing. But what a year. Look how they have turned it around from the start of the year. The Broncos didn't score a touchdown on us all year. :deadhorse:

The team is finally getting some deep playoff experience. The future is bright.

Go Chargers

27. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Zombies eat brains. They'll starve.

28. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Callin all Zombies!

29. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I am thinking the Pats a vulnerable to us. My reaction to a loss will depend upon the manner of it. I'm looking forward to a win. I usually don't watch much of the post game talk fests, except for the local cheerleaders who make me feel good after a win, but this time I'm going to watch and see what these East Coast homies have to say if we win.

30. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Pats ownership and team are cheaters. If the refs call a fair game the chargers will win very probably somewhat easily. The blind refs have to finally call holding on the pats flagrant o-line holding. And have to call penalties on the pats d-back holding, grabbing and cheap shots. If a fair game is possibly called the chargers will kill the pats in patsville.:yes::flag::flag: