1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

How would you rebuild?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by PRiversMVP619, Oct 28, 2012.

1. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +989
    I don't really like the hiring of coaches from college.. especially Oregon.. Chip's offensive needs a lot of alterations if he was to coach here in San Diego. I feel like it would be another Nick Saban, one a done deal.

Perry Fewell, DC of the Giants or Ray Horton, DC of the Cardinals has a GREAT scheme as well. Giving up only 3 or more touchdowns 3 times out of 8 games against good offenses of New England, Miami, Minnesota, Philadelphia and San Fransisco.

2. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,429
    There's plenty of reason why Chip Kelly won't be our next HC, but the offensive scheme he runs at Oregon isn't it. He ran a pro-style offense as New Hampshire; he runs the scheme he does at Oregon because it maximizes the talent available to him on the Ducks. That's the sign of a good coach.

That said, there are only a few owners/teams I see outbidding Nike (which is what will be paying to keep Chip at Oregon) to get Chip's signature - at least until the program's got a National Championship (or tw0 under its belt) under him; and the Spanos' aren't among them. And then, people are kidding themselves if they think Dean is hiring another college coach after the Mike Riley fiasco.

3. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +515
    Never said they would hire him, just that he will be a candidate for teams this year. Doubt anybody would be able to woo him away from the money in Oregon right now.

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Sorry, I must have missed your mea culpa.

Green needs reps & could take them at WR easily. Instead, we go get retreads & PS material.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +406
    Is this one of them?

Chip-Kelly-Chris-Farley.jpg

6. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,969
    Chip also sounds like a good name for a pet beaver or woodchuck... Here Chip, have a branch...

• Funny Funny x 1